Jack Monroe #404 Stick to washing spaghetti love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I often wonder how she's made it through a decade of being marketed as a celebrity chef without actually being able to cook. That is a requirement of the job, yes, even if you're a budget chef. And ideally to be able to make something more appetising than horse jizz lasagne or "Sticky Poo" pudding
I cant fathom this. A decade. A relationship with a high profile celebrity chef, who by the way can cook. Just how? Just what is this world where you can spend ten years beingsomething in the public eye without ever having to know how to do it? This woman doesnt know the basics about food. The very basics. Like first year home economics basics. Surely the power to photograph a plate and the chutzpah to present the photograph as evidence you can isnt enough?

• Heart
Reactions: 50
No Ladies and Gentlemen, these are not chocolate chip cookies, but mini toad in the holes 😲
Screenshot_20220925-203453.png

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 166
I cant fathom this. A decade. A relationship with a high profile celebrity chef, who by the way can cook. Just how? Just what is this world where you can spend ten years beingsomething in the public eye without ever having to know how to do it? This woman doesnt know the basics about food. The very basics. Like first year home economics basics. Surely the power to photograph a plate and the chutzpah to present the photograph as evidence you can isnt enough?

The recipes in the first book were edible (even if the majority were completely lacking in salt).

I can't imagine what living with a successful professional chef who had already published a hugely popular book and hosted a primetime BBC TV series relating to cooking with very little money to spare at the time could possibly have to do with that statement.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I feel like Yorkshires aren't a mysterious secret, or something you should be getting THAT wrong? Likewise roasties.
I really wish I could set Delia Smith on her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
No Ladies and Gentlemen, these are not chocolate chip cookies, but mini toad in the holes 😲View attachment 1604893
Whe I were a kid, my dad gave me a book called struwwelpeter. I that book is a story about a man with giant scissors that would cut off the thumbs of the kids still sucking their thumbs.

Now I know what happens to the thumbs after they've been 'extracted'
thumb-is-cut.jpg

(And yes dear reader, that book did scare the ever loving Pumble out of me.)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
Having seen these examples of crimes against food I'd be happy for Jack to keep all the Patreon funds if she spent it on cooking lessons.

I honestly thought that was a sausage embedded in some garlic bread, not toad in the chuffing hole.

Why Tattle cry?
Roasties are dry

Why sausage raw?
To kill off the poor

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Screenshot 2022-09-25 20.51.04.png

Screenshot 2022-09-25 20.51.18.png

Screenshot 2022-09-25 20.51.26.png

Obviously, just on Twitter so treat with caution but this is from one of the Patreon squigs who got a partial refund and does seem to be talking to other donors.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 134
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.