Jack Monroe #382 Any thicker she’d set (unlike her white sauce)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she's writing "a thing" about decent people being harassed and piled on. Will she acknowledge her own part in multiple pile-ons over the past week, resulting in several people having to shut down their accounts, or will it be yet another "people are mean to meeeeeee" whingefest?

I also LOVE how so many people are just openly taking the piss out of her on Twitter now. The one thing she is absolutely incapable of doing (aside from taking responsibility for her actions, meeting a deadline, cooking something visually appealing or being honest) is to laugh at herself. I guarantee the hoop-rinsing jokes will be making her rage more than the more critical posts.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
“WFH alone is a lot sometimes”

🤨

SB lives with her or not? Make your mind up please.
Ffs though. Has she not been paying attention. Many people are working from home and have been this past 2 years. And she leads a charmed life as the people who don’t have the luxury of doing this are actual working class people in care homes, supermarkets, hospitals etc

• Heart
Reactions: 42
So she's writing "a thing" about decent people being harassed and piled on. Will she acknowledge her own part in multiple pile-ons over the past week, resulting in several people having to shut down their accounts, or will it be yet another "people are mean to meeeeeee" whingefest?

I also LOVE how so many people are just openly taking the piss out of her on Twitter now. The one thing she is absolutely incapable of doing (aside from taking responsibility for her actions, meeting a deadline, cooking something visually appealing or being honest) is to laugh at herself. I guarantee the hoop-rinsing jokes will be making her rage more than the more critical posts.
Could we add a wiki section on pile ons:
Karl, bee lady, Kevin, the old guy, ex MSE journo, the w/c Dr... probably others!

Reactions: 27
Ffs though. Has she not been paying attention. Many people are working from home and have been this past 2 years. And she leads a charmed life as the people who don’t have the luxury of doing this are actual working class people in care homes, supermarkets, hospitals etc
Exactly this. Being able to work from home is a middle class luxury on the whole. Read the room love.

Reactions: 37
My company closed its offices after lockdown, we have no choice but to work from home. I really hate it TBH. But it’s a job, and I know I could look for another one it gets too much.
Jack could get an actual job, then she might not have to ‘work’ from home.

Reactions: 33
"I must be stopped at all costs by all nefarious means"

YOU ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT JACK YOU DELUDED bleeping HALF WIT

• Haha
Reactions: 57
For sure no ☕ from rehab, even mad narcs deserve privacy there even if it is a load of tosh coz y’know, the canal has the principles that Jack doesn’t that’s why we’re all here.

But my goat is being properly garrotted by these claims of an establishment takedown…like, seriously?! IT IS ALL YOUR OWN WORDS. Squealing TORIES BAD JACK GOOD does not make you immune from questions and dare I say it criticism from your grifting!

PS I still think we should get to hear about the chaos in Dordrecht though. I like to imagine what that was sometimes.

PPS Anniversary trauma. Surely it’s going to be a rehash of something she can’t possibly think of anything new - she’s been traumatised by EVERYTHING EVER!!
I honestly i dont think the establishment give a tit. I mean boris wouldnt even waste an hour of his day to give her a piss and a sandwich. She is just an online mouth piece. She irrelevant to them.

Reactions: 20
Has JM made any comments about the recent posts written about her? I'd be shitting myself, it's literally all JM's words. How in hell have they never been called out before? I've been saying it (albeit privately) to friends for years. They've never known poverty. It's just grief tourism and cosplay. Also, and I realise this is old news, but they are from a well off background, why didn't they step in?
I don't know...but please let all us fraus know..
WHAT BURGER DID YOU BUY JACK AND HAVE YOU RECOVERED FROM THE SEXATHON 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 13
"I must be stopped at all costs by all nefarious means"

YOU ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT JACK YOU DELUDED bleeping HALF WIT
Coke and speed levels of paranoia. We'll be getting the Princess Di big-eyed interview soon. THEY EVEN CUT THE BRAKES OF MY CAR THAT MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE EXISTED

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Oh…oh my god! Was Jack the one driving the infamous white fiat panda???
She recently mentioned pandas in a tweet having NEVER mentioned pandas before!!! Is she trying to get new paypigs from the tinfoil hat brigade?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I honestly i dont think the establishment give a tit. I mean boris wouldnt even waste an hour of his day to give her a piss and a sandwich. She is just an online mouth piece. She irrelevant to them.
If anything, the establishment would be more likely to big her up- who wouldn't want stupid opposition? But she's not even significant enough to waste that time on. She'd be a lot happier if she just accepted she's a nobody and there's nothing wrong with that.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
For me that was a painful read (not in a good way). And ill-informed at that. Contrary to what this piece states, she’s claimed to be working class on numerous occasions across the years. There are swathes of this piece that could be seized upon by Jack as a “gotcha” to any criticism of her (and not solely the compare and contrast with bad Jamie Oliver). And there are parts that are just nonsensical.

I am not coming from a position where I want or expect everything about her to be critical and get a thrill out of anything critical published. I thought that newer piece by Katie Roache (I’m making that name up I think-the one in past couple of days on the PDF download) was poorly written, inaccurate on even some basic facts and added nothing for eg. But particularly in the case of a press article or as here, academic research, I do expect it to be based upon rigorous (ie more accurate) research rather than, as here, cherry-picking to fit a predetermined academic thesis/argument. Some of this is so contorted to fit that thesis as to be nonsensical.

Also, and I say this as a former ‘academic’ with an actual Doctorate, but duck me, academic writing can’t half be dry as duck while being as overblown as duck- a bit like the writing equivalent of a hoop skirt made of radiator orange peel on a rollercoaster on a particularly windy day.

PS I’m also irritated that it takes no issue with her Jeremy Kyle shite- almost lauds it as JM being clear she’s MC in fact
I agree. The Twitter blog was very poorly written. It just does nothing to show her for who she is. It wasn’t really necessary to write it and it looks a bit spiteful. Like a bandwagons been jumped on. It should be left to a decent journalist to write a story on her.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.