Jack Monroe #382 Any thicker she’d set (unlike her white sauce)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She admitted that she couldn't even remember his birthday in Edinburgh.

Plus, that's just cruel making SB sleep in the Barold tainted bed of massive burgers and nightmeats.
is there a link to watch this chaos? I WAS BUSY at the time

Reactions: 6
why doesnt she use her room as storage and let him stay in his own room. I mean if she is sleeping on the sofa anyway.

Also isnt is suggested to give teens their own space. I mean soon he will ( if he lives with her, will want to have girls over, im not saying imminently, but you know) and he will have to explain that he shares with his mum. I mean if anything puts you off your teen boyfriend it would be that.

She has weird ideas. Her room would have been the better choice as apparently she is the one making the sacrafice.

• Angry
Reactions: 32
Yes, what pre-teen boy doesn't dance a jig at losing his own room and having to share with mamapapa. His friends will be so jealous, now that the entire internet has been told. Thank God, kids are always really nice and understanding towards each other.
Yeah, even if she sleeps on the couch, all her clothes, toiletries and general hoarded clutter will be in the bedroom. It will very much be a shared room, not SB's own space.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
“Heckin Big Declutter continues: today I’m moving SB into my bedroom (and massive comfy gorgeous bed) so we can use his old room as a sorting/storage space and also to get used to only using the number of rooms we will have in the new place. He’s DELIGHTED with the upgrade”

“delighted”? Really I’m sure all his schoolmates will be kind on this public knowledge 🤯
So is she now gonna be having her midnight nightmeat visitations with Burger Bill… On the sofa?! Or in the bed where her child sleeps normally? Either way 🤢

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
Maybe the “publishing team” spent their time with her going through the people who have asked to cancel that she’s ignored - would be interested to find out when (time wise) that little exodus occurred because she didn’t write anything particularly more contentious yesterday than at any time during the bank holiday weekend from cold ❄ hell (think Karl). I think your system can give us time data HTRIA? Look forward to seeing those figures 😘
I’d have thought more to do with peoples payments coming out and either failing or them cancelling when they see they’re paying for duck all?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Yeah, even if she sleeps on the couch, all her clothes, toiletries and general hoarded clutter will be in the bedroom. It will very much be a shared room, not SB's own space.
Sorry, it's just weird. Aside from awful conditions people find themselves in (overcrowding etc) a child that age should at a minimum have a room with siblings/ their own room. Totally inappropriate and more about Jack than anything practical.

Reactions: 31
Has she ever mentioned disability benefits? Surely if her arthritis is so bad she can't climb the stairs to get to bed she'd be entitled to some? I'm sure she's also aware that the benefits people check out social media posts, so are these constant achey and ouchy posts for their, erm, benefit?

Reactions: 21
Just our luck, she's going to put out her stinking pile of emotional trash when the binmen are on strike.

Anyway, we could see this coming, eh? Full on victim mode because of The Thing that happened. Well it didn't happen just now, it's an anniversary of The Thing. No matter that everybody in the world has their own cross to bear and has their own Thing, Jack Monroe does not need to be held accountable for her actions, because can't we see she's a victim?

How dare we expect adult or reasonable behaviour from a person to which this Thing happened. And she is just so so vulnerable. More vulnerable than you anyway. And haven't all these crappy TED talks from people encouraging to make your vulnerability your strength taught us that it's fine to use the things you suffer from as a shield, or better a weapon*? Only Jack of course, when you slip up you will be reminded that you ought to be kind and to duck off.

Seriously, duck this level of victim-turned-persecutor bullshit.

(*I don't think people actively encourage this, but it is used in this way)
I couldn't ❤ this comment enough with the response emoji. Well said. Two months on here with you, lovely canal - it's a never-ending cycle with her, isn't it?

Reactions: 20
Has she ever mentioned disability benefits? Surely if her arthritis is so bad she can't climb the stairs to get to bed she'd be entitled to some? I'm sure she's also aware that the benefits people check out social media posts, so are these constant achey and ouchy posts for their, erm, benefit?
She is fully entitled but can't claim them due to PTSD.*

*Her conditions are made up and that is her excuse for not claiming.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I know this is going back a few chaos's (how time FLIES) but I am so annoyed about this that I can't stop thinking about it. As an actual lesbian Frau, this is such a dangerous narrative to suggest that your lesbian identity can just be discarded when it doesn't suit you anymore. It's what men tell us all our lives. It's already considered such a dirty word, even within the lesbian community itself, as it carries a lot of shame. Most lesbians I know refer to themselves as "gay" because of the stigma attached.

I'm not saying bisexual and pansexual women don't exist, of course they do - but Jack wore the lesbian title as a badge when it suited her agenda, and now to declare herself as "done with all that" is just so insulting and offensive. If she had said something like "I felt like the word lesbian suited me a few years ago, but having reflected upon my sexual identity, that no longer fits" that would be fine; but the dismissal of it all as if it's a choice absolutely boils my slop.

Jack is a twit.
As a bi Frau I hate it too. It’s bisexual erasure. Even when I’ve been through periods of exclusively dating women, I’ve never called myself a lesbian because I still fancy the occasional big hairy bloke and I feel it’d be an insult to my lesbian friends. There aren’t enough bi women in the public eye.

(Autocorrect keeps changing this to bin women which is a career option for Jack I suppose. If she can handle slop, she can handle anything).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.