Jack Monroe #21 If you cut me do I not bleed mayonnaise? #jacklivesmatter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, I pop out to queue for an hour in the McDonald's drive thru and it all kicks off!!

I bleeping love Alexis for exposing how Hellman's treated her and also for her seeking clarity from JM.

As others have said, I suspect there was no issue from Hellman's about postponing the IGtv thing. But JM had to, yet again, make it all about her. Look what a risk I'm taking for you, aren't I a saviour.

Well what a perfect storm and it's all come to bite her on the arse now .
Was it worth it? Only slightly bitter because none of the ones near us are opening yet, including the one that is a gentle five minute stroll fro! front door.. I don't really like McDonalds because the vegetarian options are not very nice, but I want my right to buy an Oreos McFlurry back.

Reactions: 4
Was it worth it? Only slightly bitter because none of the ones near us are opening yet, including the one that is a gentle five minute stroll fro! front door.. I don't really like McDonalds because the vegetarian options are not very nice, but I want my right to buy an Oreos McFlurry back.
sorry to say, limited menu not including mcflurry and drive through only (in my area(

Six retweets. Check out Nelson Mandela, over here!
lol what did you post about? (in general not exact so as to not out you)

I followed Alexis as soon as I was made aware of her, her feed is just beautiful. What hellmans did to her and the other guy is just so gross.... I just caught up on her stories and I reacted to the one where she was talking about Jack, giving it the clapping hands reaction and Alexis heart reacted my reaction 😀, she seems like the type to spend her time replying to all her messages and comments on her posts, I like her alot, her feed has me salivating 🤤, Jack's has me reaching for a sick bucket 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I was expecting everything to be over with by the time I came back to the thread!

So I take it Jack still hasn’t gotten back to Alexis? :/

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
There are some amazing people posting on all sites if you dive into the hashtags - for vegans, I recommend any tag beginning #ital , Ghanaian and Nigerian food, etc. I have grown up with access to so many different foods, shops and friendly Mums wiling to share advice and recipes (granddads and older Dads are really good for tapping up for recipes as well), so to see people who actually know what they're talking about and with a great eye for design is wonderful.
Me too; growing up in a borough so full of mixed cultures was amazing 😍 summer days with the jamaicans out with their music and food stalls, the irish pubs were a hub for many, the smell of spices in the morning as a days cooking had started in asian households, the brazillian delis.. 😍 loved it!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
sorry to say, limited menu not including mcflurry and drive through only (in my area(

lol what did you post about? (in general not exact so as to not out you)
oh it wasn’t me! 😊 I’m a twitter lurker only, Jack has retweeted six posts from BAME people. Their saviour is here!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just caught up on Hellman’s Instagram, they need to do something to make it up to Alexis & the other influencer but duck knows what they could do to put this right?! It’s REALLY bad.

On Jack - she’s already accused people of spreading untruths, based off of her own (now deleted admittedly, story of a lifetime) comments. In clarifying that she had been fired for less before, it has yielded the very valid question of why would you choose to engage with a brand you thought capable of firing you for advocating BLM/black issues.

She’s backed into a corner, I’m sure it’ll get blamed on us. She’s accused us of being everything from in contact with her landlord to fraud to racism (last night, ironically) so what’s a little bit of Unilever between old pals ey 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I predict a Twitter meltdown any day now.
Of course! She'll throw a tantrum over any criticism which I'm sure she will make sure to over shadow any of the BAME retweeting, get sympathy from sheep over being "bullied", then her whole pathetic token genture will be forgotten about because the attention being taken away from her for 5 minutes will be too much to bear and she'll be back to promoting or whatever other bullshit she feels like 🙄

Alexis has said on her Stories she’s getting a lot of DMs. Hope Jack’s fans haven’t jumped on her.
That didn't look like the face of someone being piled on... more of a 'HA, I see you' strong affirmative nod 🤩.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Apparently no milkshakes either!
It was the absence of breakfasts that made me go all 'really?'. Having said that, frying an egg, putting on cheese and some squished sausage in a muffin whilst baking a hashbrown isn't that hard (and will be done quicker than walking there).

This evening's dinner was

Salmon
(Spices - allspice, nutmeg, pepper, chilli powder, chilli flakes, smoked chilli flakes, celery salt, sea salt, cumin, garlic powder, cinnamon, paprika, ginger plus tsp of honey, splash of oil and fresh Thyme & chives) Cook with chunks of spring onion and lemon slices - reserving one for the can of pink gin and tonic.

Cook in pan. Dump on chopped avocado, tomato and cucumber. Toss about for a few seconds so it forms a dressing.

Demolish.

Think I might make up a batch of that mix using sugar instead of honey,

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@kirkvanhouten Can you DM me if you can please?

I won't have queued up if I'd known it would take that long but I couldn't get out of line once in it! It was good though 🐷.
I would have bitten my arm off for a filet o fish and some fries with a milkshake. Maybe some chicken nuggets and a big mac. I don't often eat fast food but I could murder a Big Mac right about now.

oh it wasn’t me! 😊 I’m a twitter lurker only, Jack has retweeted six posts from BAME people. Their saviour is here!
Brown nosing to the max. When you are backed into a corner, suck up.

Ooh she ferments too! Bonus points for fermentation foodies :love:
She has/had courses on fermenting. I think you can still do her fermenting courses online.

• Haha
  • Heart
It was the absence of breakfasts that made me go all 'really?'. Having said that, frying an egg, putting on cheese and some squished sausage in a muffin whilst baking a hashbrown isn't that hard (and will be done quicker than walking there).

This evening's dinner was

Salmon
(Spices - allspice, nutmeg, pepper, chilli powder, chilli flakes, smoked chilli flakes, celery salt, sea salt, cumin, garlic powder, cinnamon, paprika, ginger plus tsp of honey, splash of oil and fresh Thyme & chives) Cook with chunks of spring onion and lemon slices - reserving one for the can of pink gin and tonic.

Cook in pan. Dump on chopped avocado, tomato and cucumber. Toss about for a few seconds so it forms a dressing.

Demolish.

Think I might make up a batch of that mix using sugar instead of honey,
This sounds amazing! Thank you, I've taken a SS and will cook on Friday! Yum! <3

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I am not going to kneel tonight on one knee for this BLM. Simply because all people matter, green, blue or black. I never look at a POC of think of them as a POC. I see them as a person and a human.

• Heart
  • Angry
Just caught up on Hellman’s Instagram, they need to do something to make it up to Alexis & the other influencer but duck knows what they could do to put this right?! It’s REALLY bad.
I have a few ideas! They could give both of them sponsorship for an instagram live series, for example, and they could also make a commitment to working with more of a diversity of cooks. There's loads of stuff they could do to turn it round, but I think first of all tehy have to hold their hands up and admit they've been getting it wrong, and now want to properly improve.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.