Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
What Jack is failing to understand is she’s positioned herself as teacher here instead of student. She should be one of those sitting the fuck down and shutting the fuck up. The way to amplify black voices is not to ask people to beg for the use of your platform; it is to move aside, quieten down & let them be heard. I’ve spent a lot of time reading some uncomfortable points of view today and rather than even engage I’ve just ruminated. Lots of people telling me not to lay the burden of my learning at their door, not to put them through the pain of facing the terrible facts over and over again. I’ve read about DMs from white people expecting ‘thank yous‘ for buying from black owned businesses by way of protest instead of as the norm and seen the stark ‘fuck yous’ back. She needs to sit the fuck down here with me and shut the very fuck up.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

Cat_scratches

I was so so so behind.
Ive had a shit couple of weeks, so hello lovely hausfrau, I hope we are all well.
I'll apologise in advance for the long post/waffle but so much has happened.
1. That was a blok knife (trophy) hung up. They are about £350 to buy. I'm lucky enough to have 2 because my dad knows Ben the owner and they were a very generous Christmas gift. Very beautiful, special knives and it made me sad looking at the state of it. If you follow the very specific care instructions they dont rust.
2. Choppy egg omg yes, food from when I was poorly in childhood, except we called it chucky egg.
3. Absolutely fed up of her blaming asd & adhd for the fact she is a massive cockwomble. My bro has both & although socially awkward & with his own quirks, he is not a dick.
4. I didn't watch the video she posted but some of the comments were disgusting. One person was jumped on because she asked Jack to maybe recommend blogs/videos as well as books as they were more accessible. She was jumped on.
4. So much fucking white privilege. How has she managed to make today about her? How? Aforementioned brother (& other brother) are black, disabled and adopted so it's very raw at the moment. I'm scared for them constantly.
5. By asking poc to get in touch with her she's still making them do the labour. Retweet tag, do the fucking work yourself cack.

OK and now ill breath.
Sorry for the soliloquy.

Back to the insomnia xxx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57

AmTellinYa

Chatty Member
I can't cope with her anymore.

She calls people racist for suggesting she looks dirty, citing her Greek Cypriot ancestry, then compares herself to mayo because she's that white. So you're basically just a dirty fingered bint then as was originally stated.

A black man is held down and murdered in the street and JM manages to make her "ally video" all about her with some feeble mentions of BAME people who DO know what they're talking about, note she still hadn't updated the description as promised.

Oh and said video is monetized. But all the money is going to good causes, honest guv.

She uses other people's work without giving credit. Despite having tantrums anytime anyone dares to use any of her work without crediting her.

She's once again used her autism as an excuse to be fucking rude in her replies to non blue tickers.

I can't actually believe I ever felt sorry for her, supported her, believed any of her bullshit.

And the people in her comments sucking her arsehole and enabling this behavior are just as bad.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
I am not going to kneel tonight on one knee for this BLM. Simply because all people matter, green, blue or black. I never look at a POC of think of them as a POC. I see them as a person and a human.
And yet they're still systemically discriminated against (and murdered) because of the colour of their skin.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
Couple of choice nuggets of Jack being a wanker. Again insinuating that anyone that has unfollowed her recently must be a racist, and therefore trash. And a post to a black woman who has responded to her request, hinting that people might be horrid to her so she'd switch off the comments. Erm no Jack, it's your vulgar behaviour people take issue with, noone else is the problem 🙄
View attachment 144261
View attachment 144262
It’s just awful isn’t it, she’s basically saying ‘ok I’ll show you on my big platform but once these whities get a good look at you they’re bound to flip out - you’ll just blow their tiny minds - so let’s just block anyone from reacting to your voice, yes?’ Patronising as fuck.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

kirkvanhouten

As someone who is currently considering how to get help from a food bank, how on earth i am going to last over summer, i am just going to have to check out again tonight/tomorrow.

I cant tolerate the fact she is on one day moaning that she is a working class hero then in the same breath saying she is on a 6 figure contract.

I appreciate that she is trying to give back to the black community, but in typical fashion is unable to just donate and has to do it some weird long winded, confusing way that centralises round her.

I'll keep checking in my guys.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46

Nonnymouse

Well, in other news, Winiary have offered to send me a couple of jars of mayo after I posted that Aldi didn't seem ro be doing it anymore - guess I am an influencer after all :D I'll have my own show from my very delapidated shed in no time, you mark my words

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

MancBee

VIP Member
My two black godsons (all grown up now, time flies) have separately called me to ask if I'd seen JM's video. I mentioned this place to their mum, so she must have mentioned it to them. I must phone her now to hear an older black womans perspective, she is more forgiving of background racism, she unfortunately turns a blind eye to all sorts. I can't tell you what I've heard whilst in her company.

They couldn't believe how anyone with such a history of social media activism could get it so wrong.

After saying the video was not about her she started with a quick resume of her struggles and ensured everyone knew that she was a victim too. My godsons said that she showed her lack of knowledge of the issues, that she was just repeating what other white people had told her, there was no black persons perspective.

It was obviously well intentioned, as most white saviour activism is. Let black people speak for themselves they don't need you to speak for them. They just need a platform to be heard from.

Apparently many POC have heard of the Twitter stuff between Alexis, Hellman's and Jack, it's how my godsons heard about it. This is now in the VERY public domain. She is going to get some serious backlash.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 44

Tabitha D

VIP Member
I was so so so behind.
Ive had a shit couple of weeks, so hello lovely hausfrau, I hope we are all well.
I'll apologise in advance for the long post/waffle but so much has happened.
1. That was a blok knife (trophy) hung up. They are about £350 to buy. I'm lucky enough to have 2 because my dad knows Ben the owner and they were a very generous Christmas gift. Very beautiful, special knives and it made me sad looking at the state of it. If you follow the very specific care instructions they dont rust.
2. Choppy egg omg yes, food from when I was poorly in childhood, except we called it chucky egg.
3. Absolutely fed up of her blaming asd & adhd for the fact she is a massive cockwomble. My bro has both & although socially awkward & with his own quirks, he is not a dick.
4. I didn't watch the video she posted but some of the comments were disgusting. One person was jumped on because she asked Jack to maybe recommend blogs/videos as well as books as they were more accessible. She was jumped on.
4. So much fucking white privilege. How has she managed to make today about her? How? Aforementioned brother (& other brother) are black, disabled and adopted so it's very raw at the moment. I'm scared for them constantly.
5. By asking poc to get in touch with her she's still making them do the labour. Retweet tag, do the fucking work yourself cack.

OK and now ill breath.
Sorry for the soliloquy.

Back to the insomnia xxx
Re point 5 in particular. Yes, this. The tone is “Dear black people, I don’t know any of you because I prefer slurping up to poshos from the Groucho, but I’m a big noise on SM, so reach out to me if you want my patronage (as I’m sure you do), because I can’t be bothered to reach out to you, and I want to use this to make myself look good because my latest cooking shows have been a disaster and I need to find a new niche. p.s. I promise (or do I?) to make some kind of murky financial contribution, am I buying stuff or what?, who knows, but rest assured I will benefit. Because it is, after all, ALL ABOUT ME!”

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I am so sorry you feel this way, really sorry for anyone if I have offended because that really isn't in my DNA. I feel hurt that from my previous posts anyone could actually think that I was anything other than genuine. I may have worded my post wrong and for that I am sorry.

I will now gracefully leave Tattle. Thank you all for everything. I wish you well.

X
I have really enjoyed your posts @Bellybutton lint and would be heartbroken for you to leave. It's problematic for a white person to say things like 'I dont see colour, all people are people to me' because a POC can't ignore their colour, it impacts them every day.
I'm sure anyone can see that you were 100 well meaning in your posts but it would be highly hypocritical of anyone bashing JM to ignore these statements when they pop up.

Please don't think you have to leave this fantastic group for a comment that was well meant. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would miss you.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

MancBee

VIP Member
I'm gutted I missed it and I'm sorry to ask but...where did Haus Frau come from?
She called us "sad little housefraus" in a long since deleted tweet.

Ironic that she thinks that only women dislike her enough to comment here. A bit misogynistic and gender judgemental if you ask me.....I for one am an honorary "frau"

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Fuuuck.

'I nearly lost ten grand standing up for black people'?

Oh, that's alright then. Never mind that other people can lose their lives just for existing, people who are lucky to earn that much in a year. Just for existing.

And I wonder if the people paying her a fuckton realise she's outing them as a racist organisation? Because that's what she's implying.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
I'm not on insta ... but does this mean she's essentially using her platform on Black Out Tuesday to ... bitch about us??

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
She actually infuriates me. She follows approx 1500 people on Instagram. None of the authors or activists anyone is recommending during the current BLM revolution, and she must have about 7-8 BAME chefs/people that she follows in total. Out of over 1500! Like fuck had she ever been interested in POC fucking hypocrite

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 39