Jack Monroe #21 If you cut me do I not bleed mayonnaise? #jacklivesmatter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My two black godsons (all grown up now, time flies) have separately called me to ask if I'd seen JM's video. I mentioned this place to their mum, so she must have mentioned it to them. I must phone her now to hear an older black womans perspective, she is more forgiving of background racism, she unfortunately turns a blind eye to all sorts. I can't tell you what I've heard whilst in her company.

They couldn't believe how anyone with such a history of social media activism could get it so wrong.

After saying the video was not about her she started with a quick resume of her struggles and ensured everyone knew that she was a victim too. My godsons said that she showed her lack of knowledge of the issues, that she was just repeating what other white people had told her, there was no black persons perspective.

It was obviously well intentioned, as most white saviour activism is. Let black people speak for themselves they don't need you to speak for them. They just need a platform to be heard from.

Apparently many POC have heard of the Twitter stuff between Alexis, Hellman's and Jack, it's how my godsons heard about it. This is now in the VERY public domain. She is going to get some serious backlash.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
I love the Ozzie one, it’s the only one I watch, I don’t watch the Uk or USA version. The Oz one has a lovely amount of drama and warmth with such a wide range of culinary influences and genuinely changes most peoples life’s. Let me know if you hear anything about it being aired...now is the perfect time to show it because its about 897 episodes long and no one is able to go anywhere, it’s perfect.

It’s the Champions series, it’s when the best contestants come back...it looks amazing.
Still catching up, the other half had the audacity to come home from work and distract my attention, cheeky fucker 🤦🏻‍♀️😂, I have now banished him to another room...
I adore Masterchef Australia, the only one worth watching of the imo, I'm sad that Matt, Gary and George will no longer be the judges, I have a soft spot for all 3 of them, but I'm excited to see how the new judges will make it their own.... Who are the judges on the Champions series is it the previous judges or the new ones? I hope it Airs soon, I'm so excited for 1000 epsidoes lol

Reactions: 4
Well, I pop out to queue for an hour in the McDonald's drive thru and it all kicks off!!

I bleeping love Alexis for exposing how Hellman's treated her and also for her seeking clarity from JM.

As others have said, I suspect there was no issue from Hellman's about postponing the IGtv thing. But JM had to, yet again, make it all about her. Look what a risk I'm taking for you, aren't I a saviour.

Well what a perfect storm and it's all come to bite her on the arse now .
Her fault and her fault only.

Reactions: 6
I'm also now following Alexis Adjei on Insta. Her food looks amazing! I hope she gets an answer to her questions as well.

Looks like our hot-headed friend has got herself into a dilly of a pickle re:Hellmans, doesn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Maybe they’ll offer the Tuesday evening gig to Alexis and Jack can “cohost“ from her shed ? Would love to see Alexis cook - her food looks amazing !

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Alexis has known Jacks name for all of 5 minutes and already realised what a fraud she is
That’s the thing, most people good on social media would realise quickly , I imagine most of the blue tickers just don’t really pay attention to her they have better things to do then see her tweets for 5min before she deletes them

Reactions: 8
I'm also now following Alexis Adjei on Insta. Her food looks amazing! I hope she gets an answer to her questions as well.

Looks like our hot-headed friend has got herself into a dilly of a pickle re:Hellmans, doesn't it?
It looks amazing doesn’t it? I’m a veggie 😂 but all her pics are beautifully shot and captioned.
LOVE food insta pages😋

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Alexis has a lovely account, I hope she gets some positive attention from this.

LOVE food insta pages😋
Me tooooo! Have lots to work through from today, it's really helping drown out social media bullshit 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Um, I could be wrong, but I can't see any links to Hellmans on any of JM's sm. It could be methough!!

• Wow
Can't see how she's going to carry on working with them tbh..
Or anyone for that matter. After DKL, This Morning and now this? No one will touch her with a 10 foot grater Just my opinion of course.. Far too much of a liability.

Reactions: 7
Are you going to use the fancy side of the grater?!
Only on special occasions when I have guests coming round, you know those same times when you get your fancy gel Stock pots out and the fancy whatsit machine out 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
It's so good, and so warm. No nastiness at all (athough I disliked the X-factor style auditions in the very first episodes as they made each new series). They even have masterclasses that show the contestants how to make dishes. It's obvious that they all get along too. They've had guests like MPW, Heston, Stein, and Australians I had never heard of before like Maggie Beer, Curtis Stone, and my favourite Shannon Bennett (who in real life is married to Neighbours' Dee Bliss (Madeline West). I trot that fact out at least once a series. Nobody in my house is ever impressed).
I get goosebumps just at the mention of Maggie Beer, she is a National Treasure, or at least she should be, if I ever make it back to Oz, I want to visit the Barossa Valley. I remember one year Neil Perry was on and I kept shouting at the TV excitedly because I ate in his restaurant Rock Pool when I went to Australia and it was fantastic 😂I was totally fan girling ....and Shannon Bennett omg, I just love him, I just love Masterchef Australia, I love how excited they are for food and the chefs and how much knowledge the contestants have like they have immersed themselves in everything cooking, I do miss the big trips they used to do in the earlier seasons like when they went to America and the Asia those epsidoes were so fun

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.