Jack Monroe #21 If you cut me do I not bleed mayonnaise? #jacklivesmatter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

Thread title by @Oblivionbaby

View all threads https://tattle.life/tags/jack-monroe/

Continue as you were (I'm still 12 pages behind šŸ˜… - and we thought she'd gone quiet after the terrible behaviour on book launch day, not because she was planning some performative bandwagon jumping)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Oh yay! Just caught up.

About the ASD thing. Yes, social interaction can be (and often is) challenging and difficult but it doesn't give you carte blanche to be gobby, obnoxious and rude. Actions have consequences and excusing rude behaviour with "oh it's ok because ASD" is stigmatising.

I don't know how to quote from "old" threads but someone said you can be ASD *and* an unpleasant person - or words to that effect. So true.

Anyway, other people have said it much better so I shall stop waffling on.

For a thoughtful take on what it's like having ASD, Sara Gibbs twitter feed is really good if anyone is interested.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
@justlookin83
My mother in law starts 50% of her sentences with ā€˜To be quite truthful with you...ā€™

And at least 30% with ā€˜Iā€™m not being funny, but...ā€™
And the office meeting equivalent when someone suggests something:

ā€œWell, with all due respect...ā€ AKA ā€œAre you out of your mind? Thatā€™s the most stupid idea Iā€™ve heard in a long timeā€.

(I donā€™t know how to quote from previous threads so hopefully the formatting isnā€™t jarring)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
@justlookin83

And the office meeting equivalent when someone suggests something:

ā€œWell, with all due respect...ā€ AKA ā€œAre you out of your mind? Thatā€™s the most stupid idea Iā€™ve heard in a long timeā€.

(I donā€™t know how to quote from previous threads so hopefully the formatting isnā€™t jarring)
Like joined-up thinking. Hate that term. Mean if you don't think like me you are a moron.

Reactions: 10
Like joined-up thinking. Hate that term. Mean if you don't think like me you are a moron.
Ahh there's so many wanky terms I hate. Blue sky thinking, thinking outside the box, it's on my radar... šŸ˜‚
Don't miss working with tosser bosses who think they're superior wordsmiths that's for sure šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I honestly feel like she waited to see which way the UK's consensus was going before she's decided to share stuff like this. And again, why doesn't she retweet the person who she inevitably took this off? Or share a black person's take on it. I get huge white savior vibes.

I don't think I'm being too harsh because this is Jack? Especially after that awful video yesterday.

Attachments

Reactions: 22
I honestly feel like she waited to see which way the UK's consensus was going before she's decided to share stuff like this. And again, why doesn't she retweet the person who she inevitably took this off? Or share a black person's take on it. I get huge white savior vibes.

I don't think I'm being too harsh because this is Jack? Especially after that awful video yesterday.
With that photo she is trying to firefight the dreadful video. No pun intended

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I honestly feel like she waited to see which way the UK's consensus was going before she's decided to share stuff like this
JM is a bandwagon jumper. My opinion only (don't sue). If it can get publicity from anyone or anything, in there like a dirty shirt she goes. Maximum exposure is the name of the game. If you cannot flog books, jump on a human issue to look, human and caring. Oddly though mental health week was ignored. Funny that!

Tigers don't change their spots at all. If you aren't getting the publicity you think you so richly deserve (you don't btw) jump on a cause. Don't fight for change at all, or no, just pop up a video of rubbish and then a cartoon. It is pretty shameless. All lives matter yes, but why not do something locally, to help your own area? All you have really done in my opinion (don"t sue me) is to make this pandemic all about you and what you can squeeze from it. And please don't do a fundraiser to get your books into mental health organisations. Unless you are going to donate all money and royalties, anything less is morally repugnant.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
I note that she still hasn't put her basic af "reading list" in the description of her video - how long does your laptop take to charge?! I guess because she's So Poor her leccy is powered by a hamster on a wheel or some tit.

Someone on Twitter recommended Natives by Akala and Don't Touch My Hair by Emma Dabiri and she was like "ooh, I'll add them to the list" and I just... these are the very basics in contemporary black British (and Irish) thought that you haven't read, but you're putting up a video on bleeping white privilege?! Akala is an absolute giant IMO, he's a mesmerising speaker and one of the most articulate people on the topic to boot. She's really showing her arse.

Let's face it, Why I'm No Longer Talking To White People About Race is great, but it doesn't have much sway when you consider Clemmie The Racist Midwife was eulogising over it while simultaneously making racist comments about a black blogger on Tattle.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Oh god, she's going to turn that reverse rat's tail into a dreadlock, isn't she?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Going to donate all that money from the video to the Minnesota freedom fund. Is that before or after you file your accounts? Asking for the pussycat.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Every time she spots a bandwagon she's on it Faster than Boris Johnson's hand up Mary Wakefield's skirt. Allegedly.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
JM is a bandwagon jumper. My opinion only (don't sue). If it can get publicity from anyone or anything, in there like a dirty shirt she goes. Maximum exposure is the name of the game. If you cannot flog books, jump on a human issue to look, human and caring. Oddly though mental health week was ignored. Funny that!

Tigers don't change their spots at all. If you aren't getting the publicity you think you so richly deserve (you don't btw) jump on a cause. Don't fight for change at all, or no, just pop up a video of rubbish and then a cartoon. It is pretty shameless. All lives matter yes, but why not do something locally, to help your own area? All you have really done in my opinion (don"t sue me) is to make this pandemic all about you and what you can squeeze from it. And please don't do a fundraiser to get your books into mental health organisations. Unless you are going to donate all money and royalties, anything less is morally repugnant.
And now that post is at the start of going viral and generating lots of engagement and she hasn't even credited the author who drew it. She makes me seethe.

What has she done before now to support BME communities in the UK? And writing one blog on Diane Abbot and "insisting" on 50% BME presenters (no evidence before about this) doesn't count. Also her refusual to go on panels because they weren't representative... dont buy it. Knowing Jack she would have kicked up an absolute STINK about it for social media clout.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Oh dear - just watched it. Well she wasn't wrong in that I did find it deeply uncomfortable. One might say cringeworthy.
And I presume the bit about appropriating food was a dig at THAT MAN'S jollof rice.

• Heart
Ugh

And now that post is at the start of going viral and generating lots of engagement and she hasn't even credited the author who drew it. She makes me seethe.
Of course, no credit was given, although this again is very hypocritical of her. How many times has she said you can use this of mine, but give me credit. And then another rant about people using her stuff without credit.

50% BME presenters (no evidence before about this)
Only if they are blue tickers I imagine. Joe ordinary down the street that makes the best Jamaican patties wouldn't get a look in.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.