Jack Monroe #21 If you cut me do I not bleed mayonnaise? #jacklivesmatter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack Monroe #22 The condiment thread: Jack's in a pickle over mayonnaise.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I get goosebumps just at the mention of Maggie Beer, she is a National Treasure, or at least she should be, if I ever make it back to Oz, I want to visit the Barossa Valley. I remember one year Neil Perry was on and I kept shouting at the TV excitedly because I ate in his restaurant Rock Pool when I went to Australia and it was fantastic 😂I was totally fan girling ....and Shannon Bennett omg, I just love him, I just love Masterchef Australia, I love how excited they are for food and the chefs and how much knowledge the contestants have like they have immersed themselves in everything cooking, I do miss the big trips they used to do in the earlier seasons like when they went to America and the Asia those epsidoes were so fun
I’ve been to Australia a couple of times on holiday and I lived their for 18months. I am planning on visiting again in the next couple of years, having done a lot of touristy stuff my plan it to pretty much go on a Masterchef tour. I just want to eat at the restaurants that the previous contestants have set up!
I just love Maggie Beer and Shannon and Curtis and all the judges but I also love the humility that comes out of people like Heston and Ramsey when they work with the contestants. It is the best reality cooking tv out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
JM says others brands have fired her for less. Really? REALLY?

All she asked (if she did even ask) was for an advert to move from Tuesday to Thursday on a day reflecting on recent horrific events. Not exactly controversial.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Seems all Jack's comments have been removed from the Hellman insta account too, unless i just can't find them

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Seems all Jack's comments have been removed from the Hellman insta account too, unless i just can't find them
Can you imagine what it like at mayo hq?!!!! People shouting, running around, throwing things..... (at least in my head that is what is happening🤣🤣🤣)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I’ve been to Australia a couple of times on holiday and I lived their for 18months. I am planning on visiting again in the next couple of years, having done a lot of touristy stuff my plan it to pretty much go on a Masterchef tour. I just want to eat at the restaurants that the previous contestants have set up!
I just love Maggie Beer and Shannon and Curtis and all the judges but I also love the humility that comes out of people like Heston and Ramsey when they work with the contestants. It is the best reality cooking tv out there.
That sounds amazing

Omg Curtis stone, swooooonnnn, I've been watching celebrity Goggle box just for Curtis stone (I don't even watch regular gogglebox 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Well, in other news, Winiary have offered to send me a couple of jars of mayo after I posted that Aldi didn't seem ro be doing it anymore - guess I am an influencer after all :D I'll have my own show from my very delapidated shed in no time, you mark my words

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Well, in other news, Winiary have offered to send me a couple of jars of mayo after I posted that Aldi didn't seem ro be doing it anymore - guess I am an influencer after all :D I'll have my own show from my very delapidated shed in no time, you mark my words
Can I do a guest slot? 😁

Jack Monroe #22 The condiment thread: Jack's in a pickle over mayonnaise.

My condiments to the chef: Jack's in a pickle over mayonnaise (A Dragon/Jellybean Collab)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
exactly, her wording was ambiguous so she could easily claim this - she didn't explicitly say they threatened to sack her
For fucks sake! I thought she was doing so much better. Yes, the implication was there, although I didn't believe her, I mean why would Hellmans oppose it. Why can't she just own her own tit and say sorry I gave that impression. She doesn't even have to mean it.

Reactions: 5
This could all have been avoided by her not implying things that hadn't occurred.
Then by making it worse by saying she hadn't even though the evidence was there. Its like when a toddler lies about not eating the chocolate when they have the chocolate smeared all over their face. I think it is something to do with the id and ego.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I was so so so behind.
Ive had a tit couple of weeks, so hello lovely hausfrau, I hope we are all well.
I'll apologise in advance for the long post/waffle but so much has happened.
1. That was a blok knife (trophy) hung up. They are about £350 to buy. I'm lucky enough to have 2 because my dad knows Ben the owner and they were a very generous Christmas gift. Very beautiful, special knives and it made me sad looking at the state of it. If you follow the very specific care instructions they dont rust.
2. Choppy egg omg yes, food from when I was poorly in childhood, except we called it chucky egg.
3. Absolutely fed up of her blaming asd & adhd for the fact she is a massive cockwomble. My bro has both & although socially awkward & with his own quirks, he is not a dick.
4. I didn't watch the video she posted but some of the comments were disgusting. One person was jumped on because she asked Jack to maybe recommend blogs/videos as well as books as they were more accessible. She was jumped on.
4. So much bleeping white privilege. How has she managed to make today about her? How? Aforementioned brother (& other brother) are black, disabled and adopted so it's very raw at the moment. I'm scared for them constantly.
5. By asking poc to get in touch with her she's still making them do the labour. Retweet tag, do the bleeping work yourself cack.

OK and now ill breath.
Sorry for the soliloquy.

Back to the insomnia xxx
All points valid but no.5 is SO spot on, SHE should be doing the work instead she's acting as if she's doing them a favour when they are doing the work and she is simply retweeting. Also if you're doing a blackoit or handing over her page for black lives matter posts then shut the duck up and let the posts do the talking! We don't need your bleeping commentary over it or your opinions or thoughts on it. Just mute yourself Jack!!! Please for the love of God, for once in your life shut your trap!

Reactions: 10
My exact thoughts! Caught up, but now thoroughly distracted by this fantastic Alexis person 🤩
There are some amazing people posting on all sites if you dive into the hashtags - for vegans, I recommend any tag beginning #ital , Ghanaian and Nigerian food, etc. I have grown up with access to so many different foods, shops and friendly Mums wiling to share advice and recipes (granddads and older Dads are really good for tapping up for recipes as well), so to see people who actually know what they're talking about and with a great eye for design is wonderful.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.