Jack Monroe #171 Just discovered her and think she’s horrid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate the way NI tayto had the upper hand for decades with our castle then Southern tayto decided to one up us by building a theme park. Have to give them that! 😂😂

I feel bad for derailing the thread into off topic tayto discussions again (is it really off topic when Jack is a notorious multi bag of crisp eater?)

for our non NI fraus I’ll give you the recipe for fifteens

15 digestives (blended)
15 marshmallows (quartered)
Small tin of condensed milk
15 glacé cherries (optional- I hate these so throw in malteser instead)

mix it all up then it is traditionally rolled into a sausage shape into desiccated coconut and then sliced into rounds.
I like to go rogue and put it flat in a traybake and put a layer of white chocolate on top.
Cue Jack sharing “this great recipe her Ma just remembered...” as soon as she gets the ingredients together.
Every time I make 15s for English they are initially horrified and don’t want to touch them. Some persuasion is usually required. Then they disappear like Jacks latest bandwagon.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Marcus has replied which has probably resulted in a squeal and a whoop and a kitchen dance.

I am just relieved that the reply suggests her lack of involvement - as well as showing how lovely he is (again).

Fingers crossed it’s a Tom Kerridge thing because I have a soft spot for him and they have already mentioned doing a collab.

Attachments

Reactions: 28
FSM Jack (NOTICE MEEEE posts on MR Twitter) and Politico Jack are both my least favourites, especially world politics. How did she even manage to get a humble brag about her platform size into a tweet about something like that? That’s some skill.

Reactions: 38
She is a patronising white woman. Surprised she didn't refer to him as 'my boy'.
She is! At least she hasn't wheeled out the crushingly painful appropriated slang this time I suppose, that still gives me second-hand embarrassment

• Heart
Reactions: 38
she's using "proud of you" in the way that twitter fandoms do to like harry styles or bts or whatever

they are literal children though, not 33 year old middle class mums 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I had to use twitter for work and it was a time suck - it could be useful but it mostly was the same "in group" chatting away and promoting each other. With a change in job, I binned it off. I don't miss it and I can confidently say, as a now non-user, it never bleeping crosses my mind what's being said on there. The people who use it though, my GOD, don't they just believe they are the elite all-knowing all-seeing, all-understanding creme de la creme of life. It's a joke! They're all just blowing smoke up each others' arses while the rest of the world gets on with life. Sad fucks.
This is the best description of Twitter I have EVER seen. It's absolutely spot on. Jack so clearly uses it to ingratiate herself with the 'in group' of media types who dominate that app. It's a complete and utter joke of an app. Certain people believe they set the agenda for the national conversation but it's only because they're the ones who are commissioned to write about those topics in the national papers and best-selling magazines.

Reactions: 36
She is a patronising white woman. Surprised she didn't refer to him as 'my boy'.
Is the issue here really that she is white and not that she is Jack?

Cue Jack sharing “this great recipe her Ma just remembered...” as soon as she gets the ingredients together.
Every time I make 15s for English they are initially horrified and don’t want to touch them. Some persuasion is usually required. Then they disappear like Jacks latest bandwagon.
I’m not a big 15 fan personally, I would rather have a flakemeal shortbread.

If Jack really wanted to make the most of her del Monte partnership surely she would channel her NI heritage and make pineapple delight traybakes... made well they are a show stopper.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Given Jack is late for everything she won't chaos today. She'll likely do it tomorrow to confound expectation. She hates the idea that we have her number.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I always find people who are seen as peers saying I'm proud of you as a bit condescending. For me it's something that a parent would say to a young child after a big accomplishment, someone who is seen as within the same age brackets it just sounds like they are stating you did good but I'm still bettter. I always say well done or good for you if my friends so well. I feel it's less condescending.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.