Jack Monroe #171 Just discovered her and think she’s horrid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know someone who started a crowdfunder for a deposit for a house. I got private messages asking me to share it on social media if I couldn't contribute. I was mortified! It did get lots of shares and contributions, which kinda made me judge those people too, then the sale fell through and there was a long radio silence. No idea what happened to the donations. I think they're not even on social media anymore, but they do have a house...
I know someone who did it for something very emotionally loaded which didn't happen and people started suggesting that the person starts paying back the crowdfunded money, it went very quiet after that and then not long after the asker reappeared with something big and very expensive.
Hard to make this make sense because I'm trying not to do a triangulation (very niche genre)

Reactions: 25
This is one of the main problems with crowdfunding gofundme style. There is no contract that specifies what is done with the money. It can be used for anything and as it was given with no strings the giver can’t ask for it back. see all the unofficial gofundmes that spring up around every crisis and they might make a couple of thousand before it’s discovered they aren’t related to the actual things and then disappear.

Reactions: 27
Nudge Hiss Erosion sounds like it may have been covered in the same lesson as Ox-Bow Lakes, if so, I was truanting.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
These inspo posts are all so brilliant. I don't know if anyone I know in real life would laugh at these with me. Good work cable guys

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
These inspo posts are all so brilliant. I don't know if anyone I know in real life would laugh at these with me. Good work cable guys
I know! I’m always sad that I can’t communicate in tattle/Jack with my friends.

oh look I’m not very good at being away am I? 😏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Read article in Times today about how most people don’t have depression, anxiety, PTSD and it’s ok to just be a bit sad. It’s also ok to be ok which is a bit of a bad word at the moment with the pandemic and all. I’ve had depression, been medicated and therapy and I was a mess. I didn’t clean, I didn’t shower, my personal care was non existent. I was a terrible friend and horrible in relationships. I treated myself very badly. It was a while ago so there was more stigma and I was scared of telling people. I’m better now. I’m very grateful and terrified of how my brain could change again. The acceptance of depression and anxiety means everyone can be open about it but it’s also not just being a bit sad. Also while these illnesses now abound in media, the less well understood like schizophrenia and BPD are still hushed up and not as publicised. Every celebrity has depression or bipolar, none have BPD except that fabulously funny guy who dances in a leotard and explains about suicidal thoughts .
Who's the guy in a leotard, please? I would have messaged but couldn't.

Reactions: 9
New thread!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.