Jack Monroe #171 Just discovered her and think she’s horrid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because I respect the opinion of the cabal above all others- could anyone recommend a couple of varieties of indoor plants that need minimal attention (i.e I could be away for a week and they wouldn't cark it) please?

Does such a thing exist?

On topic: Jack is a pillock
Aspidistra. Also known as the Cast Iron plant, because it is stronger than any neglect you could subject it to. Pet-friendly too. I think it makes elegant shapes with its leaves.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Aspidistra. Also known as the Cast Iron plant, because it is stronger than any neglect you could subject it to. Pet-friendly too. I think it makes elegant shapes with its leaves.
I killed an aspidistra once, I may have cared for it too much. Overwatering is a serious issue in my plant life, it’s difficult to come back from it
Me talking to my plants:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I have taught ‘The Bone Sparrow’ by Zana Farllion a few times to Year 7. It’s about a child refugee from Rohingya who ends up detained with his family in an Australian asylum seekers centre. I have learned a lot about the issues in the region along with my students but I don’t know enough to comment. Jack is so embarassing how she wades into everything.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Succulents are pretty bomb proof too. I've not watered mine for months and it's just fine.

Jack is a patronising bleep btw.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Jack didn't win, she was a nominee, so there must have been people even more maverick than our smol little pixie.

Looks like the Grouchoclub have stopped doing the award, must have realised how twatty it was
They probably decided not to do it again because of the riif-raff that they couldn't get rid of as a result of giving out free memberships to also-rans. All that swearing at longterm members so they could watch the telly, bullying pianists into letting them do pissed up karaoke, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
So do we think she’s moved house?
I’m pretty sure someone 🔺 before, that her crappy bungalow was up in Feb. Would make sense, because not much keeps R Jackie away from Twitter, and a house move is all consuming. Especially if you’ve got 85 sideboards to find spaces for.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I’m pretty sure someone 🔺 before, that her crappy bungalow was up in Feb. Would make sense, because not much keeps R Jackie away from Twitter, and a house move is all consuming. Especially if you’ve got 85 sideboards to find spaces for.
Hopefully it has better wifi for all her gigs :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 24
They probably decided not to do it again because of the riif-raff that they couldn't get rid of as a result of giving out free memberships to also-rans. All that swearing at longterm members so they could watch the telly, bullying pianists into letting them do pissed up karaoke, etc.
I think the pianist attack was in The Ivy, that other really down to earth, working class dive. She is one of the people 🙏🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I'm so proud of that person who's better than me on so many levels, has tasted success I can only imagine in his chosen trade which he has mastered and who has dedicated the rest of his life to helping others in ways that shames my own self serving efforts and who is now trying something new for fun which just happens to be one of the many things I desperately try to convince myself and others that I'm good at even though it's a subject I've never studied and in which I haven't come close to mastering in the way he himself would expect because that would require way too much effort and humility, so I'll just do what I always do instead which is patronisingly attach myself to his post in a shameless attempt to promote myself and in the hope of benefitting financially in some way. Really proud.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
I can’t wait for the Marcus cook book. I bet it won’t be some patronising “can cook for a week on 20p”
I think there will be real recipes, good nutrition, and a point being made that people shouldn’t have to do a £20 shop. I hope.

as a Liverpool fan 🔺, I want to hate Marcus but he is just perfect. And uses his platform for actual change, not ranting

• Heart
Reactions: 55
No. She does want us to discuss it though, otherwise she would have explained where she was.
Agreed.

Worth mentioning that the "her lease expires in February" thing was based on a single line on Rightmove or a similar site. There was never any concrete evidence.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.