Jack Monroe #171 Just discovered her and think she’s horrid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are Southend schools on Easter holidays yet? If they are, that would mean it's likely the kid is off spending the next week at home with his father. Plenty of time to do things she's far more interested in - like pissing off to a girlfriend's (happy) place for twelve days.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I had to use twitter for work and it was a time suck - it could be useful but it mostly was the same "in group" chatting away and promoting each other. With a change in job, I binned it off. I don't miss it and I can confidently say, as a now non-user, it never bleeping crosses my mind what's being said on there. The people who use it though, my GOD, don't they just believe they are the elite all-knowing all-seeing, all-understanding creme de la creme of life. It's a joke! They're all just blowing smoke up each others' arses while the rest of the world gets on with life. Sad fucks.
I wish I could like this comment more than once! You nailed it.

Reactions: 23
Are Southend schools on Easter holidays yet? If they are, that would mean it's likely the kid is off spending the next week at home with his father. Plenty of time to do things she's far more interested in - like pissing off to a girlfriend's (happy) place for twelve days.
Yes schools here are on Easter holidays now

Reactions: 21
You consistently make me laugh.
I’m so proud of you.
Yes, well done you.
In fact...well done everyone. I think you're all jolly clever.

Are we all thinking there's several slow cookers full of 'Pityshag Parmigiana' bubbling away in the happy place kitchen right now?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
Just thinking more about the horrific potential of Myanmar Jack...

In 2019, when our political prisoners were sentenced, we had enormous protests. During that time, no one spoke about anything else, in person or online. It was all-consuming. What's happening in Myanmar is far, far worse, so the thought of Jack sandwiching a "solidarity with Myanmar" tweet between "look at my floofy catto" and a Facetuned pic of herself eating dib dabs is sickening.

When you're actually affected by these things, you can't just turn them off and go back to cattos when you're bored.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I’m fascinated by the difference in attitude between her and MR you know.
Marcus comes from a genuinely difficult background and whilst he does reference it it’s only when it’s relevant, and in order to effect genuine change. Whereas our dear heart mentions her five minute long period of The Pov at the drop of the hat, and never really in an attempt to make any real difference to anyone other than herself.
Looking at Marcus you’d feel hope that there is a good chance that things will get better (and not even in an ‘I can be a Premiership footballer too kind of way) but if you look at our Jackie you’d think you were doomed to live on slop forever. Whilst she’s not expressly saying it the message she is constantly projecting is that things will never really be ok again. I know Marcus is way more wealthy than she is but she is comfortable and can afford nice things and I just wish that once in a while she was honest with herself and others that actually things are a lot better for her now.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Yes, well done you.
In fact...well done everyone. I think you're all jolly clever.

Are we all thinking there's several slow cookers full of 'Pityshag Parmigiana' bubbling away in the happy place kitchen right now?
That was a really good joke, so proud of you!!! 🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I’m fascinated by the difference in attitude between her and MR you know.
Marcus comes from a genuinely difficult background and whilst he does reference it it’s only when it’s relevant, and in order to effect genuine change. Whereas our dear heart mentions her five minute long period of The Pov at the drop of the hat, and never really in an attempt to make any real difference to anyone other than herself.
Looking at Marcus you’d feel hope that there is a good chance that things will get better (and not even in an ‘I can be a Premiership footballer too kind of way) but if you look at our Jackie you’d think you were doomed to live on slop forever. Whilst she’s not expressly saying it the message she is constantly projecting is that things will never really be ok again. I know Marcus is way more wealthy than she is but she is comfortable and can afford nice things and I just wish that once in a while she was honest with herself and others that actually things are a lot better for her now.
I think she can't acknowledge that things are a lot better for her now, because that would be to admit that either 1. she was never poor; she was always a phone call away from a dig-out, or 2. she is worse off now in a way, because she has nothing to capitalise on without her hardship shtick, which just doesn't go with the curtains. So, slop eternal, bon appetit Jack!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I know it’s verging on petty, but I can’t help thinking that you reap what you sow when I see tweets like this.

Dr Rupy all up in Jacks niche. This is what happens when your main job isn’t Twitter.

Anyway - maybe she will get a guest spot - after all, she does have friends in (C4) high places.

Edit -Sp.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Last night I got all up in her niche and I really should have taken my mobile through to the kitchen to chop along to the Pet Slop Bots' Onion Song. However, I went full maverick and put the onions in a pan of hot (! 😲) oil and then softly, softly, gently cooked them with the lid on until they were caramelised.

Shocking, I know.

I too would love wall art of Slopbot and some sort of phrase summing up the canal.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
STOP THE PRESSES

Jack Monroe has CHANGED her emoji heart colour of choice.

This is not a drill.

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
I’ve just realised - wasn’t it blue before? Has she actually spent time and realised MR plays “kickyball” for a team who play in red with a rival team who play in blue and changed accordingly?

(I would vastly prefer this to her trying to co-opt the Grenfell green heart)

Reactions: 18
I know it’s verging on petty, but I can’t help thinking that you reap what you sow when I see tweets like this.

Dr Rupi all up in Jacks niche. This is what happens when your main job isn’t Twitter.

Anyway - maybe she will get a guest spot - after all, she does have friends in (C4) high places.
Let’s hope she doesn’t awaken the flying monkeys, claiming entitlement again!😡🐒

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.