Jack Monroe #171 Just discovered her and think she’s horrid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't see "proud of you" as much as I see "What do you mean try something new you already did this with ME, ME did you hear me? ME Marcus, Jack MONROE, literal food expert who taught you how to make meatballs that time. TELL THEM YOU REMEMBERRRRR!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I always find people who are seen as peers saying I'm proud of you as a bit condescending. For me it's something that a parent would say to a young child after a big accomplishment, someone who is seen as within the same age brackets it just sounds like they are stating you did good but I'm still bettter. I always say well done or good for you if my friends so well. I feel it's less condescending.
Absolutely 100% agree, you took the words right out my mouth. Someone saying that they are proud of you, who isn't an elderly relative or a mentor (and even then it's questionable), are over confidently and not-so-subtly condemning you as inferior.

Reactions: 35
I always find people who are seen as peers saying I'm proud of you as a bit condescending. For me it's something that a parent would say to a young child after a big accomplishment, someone who is seen as within the same age brackets it just sounds like they are stating you did good but I'm still bettter. I always say well done or good for you if my friends so well. I feel it's less condescending.
I have some friends who have done extraordinary things - really great accomplishments. I usually say I’m very proud to know them and be their friend but being proud of them is patronising, I have had nothing to do with their successes.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Lol at her dispensing patronising wisdom to Marcus like she's got three Mission Inn Stars. She's devoted more time to running on about Pot Noodles and crisps than food she's cooked herself. Supercilious smol baggage.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Mr F there all up in Jack’s niche sending me a picture of something he found in his garden asking if it is wild garlic.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
She didn’t actually win the Groucho Club maverick award - she was only nominated. So she’d have had to foot her Groucho bills herself. (Or her wealthy partner would’ve).
If she had membership, you would have to prise her out, and she would be like a stuck record 🙄 Groucho this, Groucho that.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Mr F there all up in Jack’s niche sending me a picture of something he found in his garden asking if it is wild garlic.
my child brought me a 'flower' the other day! I smelled it and send them off to get more. wild garlic indeed!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Proud of you for this post ;)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
what? so she hasn't improved her kickyball (🤢) skills over all these months playing it in the garden with SB?!

astounding

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.