Jack Monroe #17 The shed is dead, shaved her head, on the beg for a left-hand Smeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Forgetting for one moment the argument about whether she can lift a 93kg sideboard (my 2cp - can she duck)...but it was in a box, so 'Poor Jack' seems to have money to spunk away on a solid oak , lead and gold inlaid (must be for that weight) piece of huge furniture for her crappy little bungalow....

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Forgetting for one moment the argument about whether she can lift a 93kg sideboard (my 2cp - can she duck)...but it was in a box, so 'Poor Jack' seems to have money to spunk away on a solid oak , lead and gold inlaid (must be for that weight) piece of huge furniture for her crappy little bungalow....
Her crappy little bungalow, which she struggles to pay rent for - and assuming her partner really has gone, will be struggling even more with now. Sounds like a perfect time to buy a massive, expensive and unnecessary piece of furniture

Reactions: 16
I don't post here often. I do when I'm on good form. Those times have been less and less the last two weeks. I can barely get out of my bed, let alone clean my teeth. My record for not brushing my teeth is now at 4 days. How are other people keeping going, honestly? X

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
I don't post here often. I do when I'm on good form. Those times have been less and less the last two weeks. I can barely get out of my bed, let alone clean my teeth. My record for not brushing my teeth is now at 4 days. How are other people keeping going, honestly? X
I’m really glad you made that post. You’re with friendly people here who will either understand or empathise with that feeling. Some days feel kind and cosy, some days feel terrifying. There was a day last week that I couldn’t even do my morning team call, and I love and trust the small group I work with. But here - no one minds if you drop in and out and we’re all a bunch of incredibly kind, clever, funny, beef-faced (@sali hughes) misfits anyway. Just don’t go abusing any donkeys for a telly lasagne, ok?

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Heya, are you in lockdown alone? Definitely keep checking in here, we love a natter about anything and we’re all up all times of the night too, I love catching up when I have my late night wee 😂

It’s bleeping tough going to be honest and we all have good / bad days but the bad is always temporary init it does always clear (promise). One of my fav things I’ve ever heard about self esteem is how it’s like an onion built up layer by layer, I know the last thing u fancy doing is brushing your teeth but doing little acts of self care like that build up and be transformative to ur mindset? If you want someone to do it with tell me and I’ll run up and do mine now we can compare notes (sincerely) x

Also the ladies were recommending tons of comedy podcasts on the last thread, I also love a bit of bg noise to feel less alone or take myself out my mind. Sending lots of love and you do have a little online home here full of haus frau waiting to chat!!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I like spaghetti hoops but why not make the proper thing if you want comfort? It isn't difficult and only takes as long as the spaghetti takes to cook

The idea of using rinsed hoops :-(
Rinsed hoops (and rinsed beans for that matter) has never made sense to me. Aren’t you just wasting the tomato sauce? Why would you want to waste anything if you are on a budget? Sometimes I think Jack makes up her recipes by looking at some tins and asking herself “how can I mix things up and be all QUIRKY and that” rather than “how can I make this into a tasty and appealing meal”.

Reactions: 14
If you want someone to do it with tell me and I’ll run up and do mine now we can compare notes... Best offer ever right now! Synchronised teeth scrubbing. Who knew? Thank you so much xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
If you want someone to do it with tell me and I’ll run up and do mine now we can compare notes... Best offer ever right now! Synchronised teeth scrubbing. Who knew? Thank you so much xx
Hey Halcyon, feeling it too at the moment. So lethargic and couldn't bear the slightest noise today. Have come to bed with chocolate and Tattle. Sending huge hugs x

editing to say I made the mistake of revisiting the Sali Hughes thread last night which didn't help - there's only so many twats I can deal with at any one time...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Hey Halcyon, feeling it too at the moment. So lethargic and couldn't bear the slightest noise today. Have come to bed with chocolate and Tattle. Sending huge hugs x
Love to you PollyPops. It's not just us, right? Big hug to you right now X

• Heart
Congratulation on taking one for the team, whilst you were rinsing Heinz hoops I was cooking up Heinz Ravioli to my own personal recipe....

Basically heat up a tin of Heinz Ravioli, when hot enough mix with some freshly torn basil leaves. (If you pot on a supermarket herb pot into fresh compost they last ages).
Then gently grate cheese over the top. Serve with some lightly toasted bread, I used 50/50 with a scrape of butter.

No rinsing required and honestly adding some fresh basil makes it good...not ‘Italian restaurant fresh pasta’ good but ‘there is a tin in the cupboard and I don’t have to go out so it’s comforting’ good.
Basil? Basil? How FANCY are you? Next you’ll be telling us you use stock pots and actual lemons 🙄

Your service to the the cause will be noted and you will receive the highest tiered commendation.
I saw on the news that the Queen’s birthday honours have been postponed until August. I reckon it’s because of your act of bravery today, they need to make sure you’re properly rewarded @Instabums 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Really sorry, but I can't remember who recommended this recipe for verdure in scapece

But I've just made/assembled it for my mum's birthday on Friday and it looks and smells utterly lush, so big thank you. x
Did you hear back from Richard Osman @Flumps ?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Tressy's got a secret
Be the one who knows
She's not like the other girls
Her
Hair
GROWS

My mum used to sing that advertising jingle a lot when I was little :D I still request it from her now. I'm 32 (same age as Cack) and it seems I should be a lot more immature that I have been so far in my adult life if Ms Monroe can get away with it. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Basil? Basil? How FANCY are you? Next you’ll be telling us you use stock pots and actual lemons 🙄
Not as fancy as saffron but if you don’t have any you could replace it with mint, sage, thyme, parsley...dandelion leaves, cow parsley, grass cuttings...didn’t Jack say any green herbs are interchangeable?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Hey love, it’s a funny old time isn’t it. The amount of sugar I’m stress-eating under lockdown is about quadruple my normal amount (at a conservative gueas!) so our teeth are probably equally fluffy together. Sending lots of hugs. Do check in when you feel up to it, and we’ll fill you in on any antics x

• Heart
I have good days and bad days and that’s what most of my family and friends are experiencing too. You’re not alone. Lockdown is tit, shitter than a spunky lasagne. Shitter than grated corned beef and even shitter than rinsed spaghetti hoops. Thanks for your honesty, I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. In the wacky world of Tattle Jack, there’s always someone here. Take care and please don’t be hard on yourself - I guarantee you’re doing your best x

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Hey, welcome back. It is really hard. I'm about to brush my furry teeth if you want to join in. I've had so much sugar today, it's frightening. But it's what's getting me through the days at the moment. That, and peanut butter.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Maybe the 93kg prop from the World’s Strongest Man is #gifted but she’s delaying putting on the ‘Gram in case people think she’s a fake? Oh wait....

• Haha
Reactions: 6
When I am bad I try to only focus on one thing. Rather than think 'I'm not getting up, not brushing my teeth, not doing housework' etc etc etc, and get into a panicky spiral about everything, I pick just the one thing, for me it would be teeth cleaning I think, do that, try and congratulate myself for it and if I then go back to bed for another few hours then so be it.

This will lift, even if just a little at first, whatever you do, don't punish yourself for how you feel, it's real and it's horrible, so don't add to it with any self-blame.

Other thing to do with any burst of energy you might get is to get some stocks together for when you don't have any. Keep biscuits or crisps or snack of choice next to your bed, and a bottle of water if you have some. Or juice box, whatever. So you can give yourself a hit of quick energy when you are really down. Even if you only eat half a biscuit it's still eating, right?

Watch/listen to something easy and light, and ideally without much reference to this situation, unless hearing other people in the same boat might be comforting. I would pick Friends, Big Bang Theory or Modern Family for easy distraction.

Sleep if you feel like you need to sleep.

If you can face it, go and stand in the sun. I'm not saying your head will feel better, but your body might just a little.

Keep posting here.

Maybe try the 5-4-3-2-1 technique if you are feeling anxious. Sounds daft, but it often worked for me. Acknowledge 5 things you can see, then 4 things you can touch, then 3 things you can hear (anything at all, even sound of your breathing), 2 things you can smell, 1 thing you can taste

Don't make any depressipes.

And I'll say it again, because I think it's the most important thing. Do not add guilt to the feelings you are currently feeling. However you get through is how you get through and it's all ok.

xx

Did you hear back from Richard Osman @Flumps ?
Sadly no. I am choosing to think it's because it got lost in the many mentions he must get.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Does anyone else remember watching those strong man competitions on TV as a child? I used to love the challenge where they pull heavy vehicles then when they put the big orbs on the podiums. That might be a bit of light entertainment if they have the old ones on YouTube Halycon 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.