Jack Monroe #17 The shed is dead, shaved her head, on the beg for a left-hand Smeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't post here often. I do when I'm on good form. Those times have been less and less the last two weeks. I can barely get out of my bed, let alone clean my teeth. My record for not brushing my teeth is now at 4 days. How are other people keeping going, honestly? X
You're not alone with the teeth thing 🙋 I end up like that too when I'm bad. Also grow myself a rather fetching matted lump in my hair each time, and then curse myself for it when I'm feeling better and have to comb it out (my hair is thick, curly and waist length - too stubborn to have it cut short 🙄). If I have the clarity of mind at the time when ill, I try and set myself one or two tiny tasks for the day. It might be brushing my teeth, might be having a cup a soup, might be just washing my face and putting on a fresh top. I make sure to remind myself how massive an achievement one of those small tasks was for me, if I achieve it. Small victories ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 24
@HalcyonDays - sorry I meant to say, I know lots of those are practical tips, I'm afraid I'm a practical problem solver by nature, so if my post feels overwhelming, please ignore and have a virtual hug or hearty handshake or friendly pat on the back (choose your poison) instead. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I don't post here often. I do when I'm on good form. Those times have been less and less the last two weeks. I can barely get out of my bed, let alone clean my teeth. My record for not brushing my teeth is now at 4 days. How are other people keeping going, honestly? X
I’m glad you’ve posted this. Glad to know I’m not the only one feeling this way. Sending hugs your way xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Does anyone else remember watching those strong man competitions on TV as a child? I used to love the challenge where they pull heavy vehicles then when they put the big orbs on the podiums. That might be a bit of light entertainment if they have the old ones on YouTube Halycon 😂
They're still on, every year between Christmas and New Year on Channel Five. Abso-bloody-lutely love them.

I'd love to see Jack vs Eddie Hall. Or even Jack vs Jeff Capes. Oh yes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Have just realised, broken fridge + new sideboard = Mrs J has left and got her identity back, taking her furniture with her.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
They're still on, every year between Christmas and New Year on Channel Five. Abso-bloody-lutely love them.

I'd love to see Jack vs Eddie Hall. Or even Jack vs Jeff Capes. Oh yes.
Omg yes! And they were always in sunny locations? Is it a sport the rest of the year round or do they cram all the activity into that one absurd show?

If Jack doesn’t get a scoot on with this YouTube channel we’ll end up having to co-stream 2019’s strongest man for sustenance 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
It’s not Christmas for my husband unless he’s seen some kind of strongman madness - he’s now got our son into it too. Passed down through the generations — I can’t bear it 💪

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Hey, welcome back. It is really hard. I'm about to brush my furry teeth if you want to join in. I've had so much sugar today, it's frightening. But it's what's getting me through the days at the moment. That, and peanut butter.
Peanut butter you say? I’d like to brush my teeth with peanut butter. @HalcyonDays i hear you, yesterday and today I’ve been in a total fug. Nothing lifting it, not even the happy pills, they usually help. Baby steps and we will all get there. This is un precedented, just remember none of this is “normal” - whatever the duck that is? Stay around and check in with us when you can xx

• Heart
Omg yes! And they were always in sunny locations? Is it a sport the rest of the year round or do they cram all the activity into that one absurd show?

If Jack doesn’t get a scoot on with this YouTube channel we’ll end up having to co-stream 2019’s strongest man for sustenance 😂
I'm well up for this (even though I already saw it, watching men pull buses never gets old)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
You've received a lot of wonderful replies that I can’t add to so here’s a silly one - do you have an electric toothbrush? If not and you have spare money I’d recommend one. They’re lower effort and thoroughly clean your teeth, which could give you a bit of a boost and start a domino effect. I used to be so bad at dental hygiene due to poor MH but now I brush them religiously

Hope your mood improves soon x

• Heart
Reactions: 26
S
It’s not Christmas for my husband unless he’s seen some kind of strongman madness - he’s now got our son into it too. Passed down through the generations — I can’t bear it 💪
Same!! My 10 yr old was obsessed over Christmas, watching Strongest Man 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Sorry to bring it back to JM again but she's deleted that photo off twitter, it's still on the gram though.

Seconded about electric toothbrushes, they really do help. Love this group, you are all so friendly and nice 🥰

• Heart
Presumably the sideboard is less than two metres long, or the mate could’ve helped. A short massively heavy sideboard.

Also you lot are alright for a load of trolls.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Wow that is a beauty, looks very happy 💚

Probably a million methods, what works for me is cut above and below a node (where it has a join and little bumps and a leaf coming out). Make sure your secateurs are clean. Set aside for 24 hours - this enables the freshly cut end to callous over so it’s hardy - and then plant. (Or if it hasn’t been quite 24 hours yet but the leaf looks wilted, go ahead and plant). I don’t bother with rooting powder. And I’ve never had any luck rooting in water first for some reason but other hausfraus may have tips.
Thanks so much Pineapple, brilliant advice going to do this with the kids tomorrow. Will let you know...

.... and I truly love this group. Will properly read rest of thread tomorrow (no headspace tonight) but you lot really are a lovely supportive bunch. Keeping up with this thread has really helped during lockdown and I’m truly grateful to you all 💗

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
bleeping love this thread. Lurking for a while. Not sure I’ve contributed (hi). Where else on the internet can I get houseplant tips, tips on managing my MH, recipe ideas, book recommendations. Everyone here is amazing and I 💓 you all

• Heart
Reactions: 33
You've received a lot of wonderful replies that I can’t add to so here’s a silly one - do you have an electric toothbrush? If not and you have spare money I’d recommend one. They’re lower effort and thoroughly clean your teeth, which could give you a bit of a boost and start a domino effect. I used to be so bad at dental hygiene due to poor MH but now I brush them religiously

Hope your mood improves soon x
@HalcyonDays I agree with Instabums, not a silly reply at all!
Cleaning my teeth was always the thing I couldn't bring myself to do when I was having a terrible day but having an electric toothbrush made it so much easier when the smallest thing seemed too much of an effort.
Hoping that tomorrow is a better day ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Sorry to bring it back to JM again but she's deleted that photo off twitter, it's still on the gram though.

Seconded about electric toothbrushes, they really do help. Love this group, you are all so friendly and nice 🥰
I notice on Instagram she has turned off comments, so nobody can give an opinion 😬 Wonder why she’s deleted it from Twitter? No I don’t, only joking...it’s to round her deleted total to 48,000!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Also, oddly (for her), she has disabled comments on the Insta bikini post. Hmm. Now why would she do that?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I second the electric toothbrush thing. I hate the process of teeth brushing but have recently discovered the electric one and it is a game changer.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.