Jack Monroe #17 The shed is dead, shaved her head, on the beg for a left-hand Smeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else remember watching those strong man competitions on TV as a child? I used to love the challenge where they pull heavy vehicles then when they put the big orbs on the podiums. That might be a bit of light entertainment if they have the old ones on YouTube Halycon šŸ˜‚
They still do them, itā€™s a staple part of New Year in the Briscoe house as channel 5 tend to show them. Itā€™s a lot more polished nowadays though!

They're still on, every year between Christmas and New Year on Channel Five. Abso-bloody-lutely love them.

I'd love to see Jack vs Eddie Hall. Or even Jack vs Jeff Capes. Oh yes.
I have got to read the other posts before quoting!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Love the thread title!

gosh that photo in her underwear/bikini ?! Just screams insecurity and desperation to me, no?
Louisas not missing much šŸ™Š IF they have split up Iā€™m sure sheā€™d only look at these shameless attention seeking posts and think thank duck Iā€™m not with her anymore.

also where did she get a sideboard from to carry into her house during lockdown and couldnā€™t the photographer friend help her?
For someone who considers herself to be a maverick etc ,she seems very concerned about her conventionally attractive appearance. It is always a shame when someone puts so much value on their looks.

Yes, as it has been said multiple times, she is photogenic, which is lovely and can be a great asset in getting ahead. But it doesn't make her a nicer, more original or more talented person.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Just when youā€™d put the grater away, Iā€™ve just scrolled across this new Corned Beef delicacy šŸ¤¢. Iā€™m surprised this has been over looked in JMā€™s extensive research šŸ˜‚View attachment 134337
That reminds me of what my grandma used to make us - and pronounced as 'pittzer' - scone dough, cheese slices, and frozen mixed veg. Another of her specialities was 'Icelandic meatloaf' which involved a layers of tinned ham, and processed cheese in the middle šŸ˜

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
That reminds me of what my grandma used to make us - and pronounced as 'pittzer' - scone dough, cheese slices, and frozen mixed veg. Another of her specialities was 'Icelandic meatloaf' which involved a layers of tinned ham, and processed cheese in the middle šŸ˜
Copyright them quick @Cookiecookie, they might appear in a future cook book...

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Copyright them quick @Cookiecookie, they might appear in a future cook book...
They were truly awful, so she might be tempted šŸ˜‚ My other grandma is a much better cook (and a feeder to boot, although a weird dislike of fat folk) so we liked eating at her house better, even if she would make comments about the slightest hint of puppy fat

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Ooh Iā€™ve been wanting to do this! Any tips or is it just a case of cutting at an angle and putting in water?
I love my monstera - I mean look at these leaves!
View attachment 134317
I love these plants. I have one too but we refer it to the Swiss Cheese plant.

1590039564377.png

But Quack is far from average. Snork!

Her crappy little bungalow, which she struggles to pay rent for - and assuming her partner really has gone, will be struggling even more with now. Sounds like a perfect time to buy a massive, expensive and unnecessary piece of furniture
As long as suckers keep tipping her she will keep spending.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
They were truly awful, so she might be tempted šŸ˜‚ My other grandma is a much better cook (and a feeder to boot, although a weird dislike of fat folk) so we liked eating at her house better, even if she would make comments about the slightest hint of puppy fat
My Grandma was the same! I would visit her and she would say ā€œyouā€™re getting really fatā€ when I was about 14....90 seconds later she was foisting biscuits on me šŸ˜”šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Honestly, what the hell does she think she looks like?

From someone who hated their body so much they decided they were a man, to now flaunting everything with a rats tail swinging in the wind...the mind boggles.

Also, just asked a female friend who goes to the gym every day (until lockdown hit) and she couldnā€™t lift 93kg, so god knows how Jack the Prat managed it? Or is it more my Dadā€™s bigger than your Dad that most of us grow out of by 12?
I can lift over 100kg (or could before lockdown) but it required consistent training at a gym that does weights. Itā€™s also not cheap although you can do it at home if you buy weights - I donā€™t have space but also want a trainer around to spot me. The only thing is that no one I lift with suffers from the number of ailments - i think arthritic hands would be a risk in handling heavy weights as you do need to grip the weight. There are people who go to my gym who have arthritis/ injuries etc, but they arenā€™t lifting 90plus kilos ( and a sideboard if flat packed will be harder than an Olympic bar as itā€™s more awkward)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Does anyone else remember watching those strong man competitions on TV as a child? I used to love the challenge where they pull heavy vehicles then when they put the big orbs on the podiums. That might be a bit of light entertainment if they have the old ones on YouTube Halycon šŸ˜‚
I adore worlds strongest man!!!! Which is odd as I'm not into sport at all, doing or watching. I got us tickets to go to the giants live final in Octover, much to the boyfriends disgust. I'll keep an eye out for Jack and report back.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
93kg is literally one of me. That doesn't sound like no crappy MDF sideboard...

Lots of love and support on the thread last night, this is such a nice place ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 18
They're still on, every year between Christmas and New Year on Channel Five. Abso-bloody-lutely love them.

I'd love to see Jack vs Eddie Hall. Or even Jack vs Jeff Capes. Oh yes.
Thor, eddie and Jack can maybe all compete to lift over 501kg? My money is on jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
For someone who considers herself to be a maverick etc ,she seems very concerned about her conventionally attractive appearance. It is always a shame when someone puts so much value on their looks.

Yes, as it has been said multiple times, she is photogenic, which is lovely and can be a great asset in getting ahead. But it doesn't make her a nicer, more original or more talented person.
I donā€™t think she looks well at all in any of these recent photos. Despite her heavily smoothed skin her complexion looks as grey as her hair.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Lots of love and support on the thread last night, this is such a nice place ā¤
Yes itā€™s very strange how all have such a lot in common... obviously all followed Cack for a while because we were probably taken in by the tales of woe and were massively rooting for her, and slowly come to realise the truth of things. We are a caring bunch but believe in honesty. Thread moves very fast and itā€™s hard to keep up sometimes and comment with something worthy of all the great love and warmth šŸ’•

• Heart
Reactions: 24
She's lost so much weight since the DKL. She looked so healthy and happy albeit manic on there. Really feminine and groomed.
A month on and she looks like a heroin addict....weird.
Also: Why does everyone think she's now single????

Reactions: 9
I don't post here often. I do when I'm on good form. Those times have been less and less the last two weeks. I can barely get out of my bed, let alone clean my teeth. My record for not brushing my teeth is now at 4 days. How are other people keeping going, honestly? X
Havenā€™t caught up on the rest of the thread yet but just had to reply to you first. Am in the same boat. Totally understand where you are coming from. I had curtains closed on that beautiful day yesterday, did not get dressed, did not do the work I needed to do. When it got to 6pm I was like ā€˜how can it only be 6pm? Can I go to sleep yet?ā€™
Even favourite tv programmes donā€™t pass the time, donā€™t want to online shop, drinking wine doesnā€™t give a buzz but I had the whole bottle just to be sure. Filled the watering can but didnā€™t actually water any plants. Strange to say I just couldnā€™t bring myself to expend any energy on that and yet I was bored. Got a zoom meeting today so have to get dressed. Yesterday thought brilliant opportunity to act alright. Today dreading the shower.
You are not alone!!!!!! This is an illness. I do have some tips on getting through the day if you or anyone else wants them as Iā€™ve been playing this game for aaaaaaaages. But I wonā€™t just randomly list them as they might be slightly weird.

Sorry for loooooooong post I just want you to know youā€™re not alone and youā€™re unwell at the moment and thatā€™s tit. So please be kind to yourself. Donā€™t worry about youā€™re teeth. Theyā€™re sturdy. When you feel up to it, youā€™ll brush them. You can start with running the toothbrush around for just a few seconds and then see if youā€™ve got energy or motivation to do any more. If not thatā€™s absolutely no problem. Well done to you for even typing out your message above xxxxxxxxxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I donā€™t think she looks well at all in any of these recent photos. Despite her heavily smoothed skin her complexion looks as grey as her hair.
Yes for someone with a garden, who keeps going out, and with her Greek heritage, itā€™s shocking that she looks so pale and grey. I donā€™t know what sheā€™s trying to achieve with all her thirst trapping, but she looks worryingly thin and pale.

Reactions: 4
Catching up:
Hope everyone has an OK day today.

Strongest Man is the best. The Atlas Stones, the Pillars of Hercules, Magnus Magnusson, love it!

Diana Henry is a God. Her recipes are excellent (Bird in Hand my favourite). And she always comments on my Instagram pics when I try her recipes. Said one thing was the best version she'd seen!

I once asked JM what foundation she used or was it a filter on her pics as her skin always looks amazing. She jumped right down my throat.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.