Jack Monroe #163 Not saying anything new

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think one of the most damaging things about Jack discussing her trauma is that she NEVER speaks about treatment or ways forward. She presents herself as being permanently broken - the Poverty left her unable to open envelopes or answer her front door, this stalking has left her "a bloody ruin of a human being", etc etc.

It's a bit like during the free school meals drama, when she did not offer a single solution, just flailed and ranted about how tit the government is.

It's so incredibly irresponsible to put out a narrative of "I am broken and will never recover".
This is exactly it. I see no evidence that she is working through her trauma. I see no evidence that she is in therapy, despite the 'three therapists on speed dial' (she'd be constantly dropping hints about it if she were). I see no evidence that she actively wants to get better. She's addicted to the sympathy and attention she gets from being so broken, this is magnified to a million with twitter and her legions of sycophants, and is a self-fulfilling cycle. Like with any addiction, you have to want to get better, and it's clear Jack doesn't - or, at least, doesn't know how because she's been this way for so long.

The problem is, with this latest bombshell, there's literally nowhere left to go. Nothing worse could have possibly happened to her, but she'll continue needing that dopamine hit from social media. I imagine her comedown today will be spectacular - there's only so many times you can retweet yourself (am so appalled at that) before people move on. She says she's going to step back and look after herself from next week - I think we all know she has no intention of doing that.

• Heart
Reactions: 83
I think one of the most damaging things about Jack discussing her trauma is that she NEVER speaks about treatment or ways forward. She presents herself as being permanently broken - the Poverty left her unable to open envelopes or answer her front door, this stalking has left her "a bloody ruin of a human being", etc etc.

It's a bit like during the free school meals drama, when she did not offer a single solution, just flailed and ranted about how tit the government is.

It's so incredibly irresponsible to put out a narrative of "I am broken and will never recover".
Moaners will always shut you down if you suggest a solution, because that would stop them moaning. In Jack's case, finding peace would mean she can't market her woes any more.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Just a thought, why is her 10 year old googling his mum? She could and should use Net Nanny or similar if she's not able to monitor his internet use.

Pretty sure it's another Jack fabrication but I'm happy to be corrected if parents of current and previous pre-teens can confirm this is something they do.
Honestly, I could see it. I hate to think he’s getting stick for her on the playground, but he may well be already and some of the comments could make him search her, especially if he doesn’t understand the jibe.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Honestly, I could see it. I hate to think he’s getting stick for her on the playground, but he may well be already and some of the comments could make him search her, especially if he doesn’t understand the jibe.
Especially since she accused a teacher and posted hints about his house and car. Jesus, she will have the whole town in knots over this.

Reactions: 28
I hope everyone on here has a nice day.

Today is already an emotional day for so many people without her throwing out something so carelessly.

I just want to say to everyone on here just take a deep breath and take the day has it comes. You are all such a lovely bunch of people from such diverse backgrounds and I am happy to know all of you. ( Even if I don't know you in the flesh) you are all so kind, compassionate and interesting people who take no tit. I have really enjoyed reading your comments and about your experiences. It's made me open my eyes alot to alot of bullshit. So basically my long winded commented was basically enjoy today however your spend it.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I think what has shocked me most about yesterday’s truly awful disclosures is how quickly she’s moved on and inserted herself into the next big news story. After reviling such deeply personal and terrifying incidents I really thought she would take the time to get help. But, no, I absolutely believe that something happened, but with Jack it’s hard to know where the truth ends and fiction begins. So sorry for all the cabal that are suffering from the effects of her triggering posts.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I have my own theory on the sudden exclamation of her abuse. I don't want to say too much incase I am wrong but I find it suspicious she announce it in the middle of the night and without any trigger warning or empathy.

I do think shes having another breakdown, but there's something else at work too I feel.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I did fear this would happen - drop a mighty ton of triggering trauma and then go on as if it hadn’t happened - leaving many upset people in her wake. I hoped there would be reflection and healing but apparently not.
This is a big turning point - once you have used SA and stalking for clicks - it can’t be put back in the box. If she deletes then game over.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
She just doesn’t want to get better, just like she’ll never really admit that’s she’s not poor. It would take away everything she currently is and then what else is she left with?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
I have my own theory on the sudden exclamation of her abuse. I don't want to say too much incase I am wrong but I find it suspicious she announce it in the middle of the night and without any trigger warning or empathy.

I do think shes having another breakdown, but there's something else at work too I feel.
I have to say I had similar thoughts. I sincerely hope I’m wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
There was an Aussie TV show callled Cop Shop back in the 70s.
There's Territory Cops too. Mostly lots of pissed up fools, which tbh is standard behaviour here.
Just looked through my daughters last google searches and they are:

1. skateboards for girls
2. Colditz castle (for school)
3. Our generation dolls

No searches for me. Maybe it’s because she’s only 8 1/2 but can’t believe she’s not searching for my name, I feel unseen.
* Has Jimmy Carr had Botox?
* How to make banana cake in Toca Boca
* Roman numerals for 97

I'm not sure she'd lower herself to google me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 40

You can't leave us hanging!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I am a non exceptional ninnie and find the lack of apparent lack of personal support in real life really odd. Several years ago I stumbled across a Mumsnet thread that seemed to be by an acquaintance who was in a very bad place mental health wise after emigrating and while I didn't know them well enough to contact directly, I didn't post on the thread or like it , I did pass it on to a good friend of theirs so someone in real life could talk to them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Everything Jack is not.

I have no sympathy for her as she is not prepared to do the work to change and better herself. Despite having the many resources and opportunities to do so. She’d rather stagnate in the comfort of her victim hood.
Have been on these threads since last summer and can say with confidence that she hasn't changed or learnt or grown in any single way, since then at least - actually, she's probably getting worse. First impressions then remain true today, that Monroe is so egocentric, so involved with self that she is completely unable to see anything in the world without relating it to her own sense of 'I'. Everything can only be experienced as happening to her, and this terrible crime in London and her response to it is yet another example of that.

On account of her apparent decline though - especially if she is perhaps regressing with bad habits as alluded to above then perhaps, maybe I personally am starting to feel a little bit of guilt.

She's horrible, a bully herself and deserves no sympathy but she's also an easy target because she's so self involved and well, a bit thick.

Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.