Jack Monroe #163 Not saying anything new

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I light one most days. I use fire lighters and kindling FFS. Unless she uses hers for her pizza oven. Tasty.
When we were tit poor as she puts it my mum used sticks to light our fire or screwed up newspapers. She used to get it from neighbours and family. She asked them to save them for her. And we needed fire as we had no central heated plumbing and our water was heated with electric geezers. The joys of living in a Victorian house who's landlord did absolutely nothing too. Before she harps on about it being the old days it wasn't. This was in the 90s.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I do hope that her new book has a top tip around using Tena lady’s as slippers or bunny ears for a fancy dress.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I've just googled "can you use hair as a firelighter".

Based on the results I can't see this "top tip" making it into the final book, unless there is literally zero fact checking done.

Also, it's strange to me that these tips are on page 20 / 220.

I would expect them as a little add-on, not the main body of the book? Who's going to feel like cooking up a fresh batch of slop after reading about plughole hair?
I wonder if she’d put the tumble dryer fluff tip thinking it was revolutionary and her publisher/proof reader/editor said “No Jack, everyone knows that, do you have anything more unique?”and thus Hair Scarf Tassels and Hair Lighters were born.

Perhaps Lord Jesus Christ lost the scarf as it had hair tassels added 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29

Does anyone else have real concerns about her. I really really do. THIS IS A VERY UNWELL LADY.
I agree, she was very unwell last summer too around cat time.

She reminds me very much of a person i knew, that person was later diagnosed with Munchausens. I'm not going to go into the lies she told, but they were very distressing to many of her friends

• Sad
  • Wow
Yeah I was being dense last night (very tired) and I didn't notice the reference to the spy cops bill, my attention was more taken with the "rape and torture with impunity" bit and by the time I'd read that I'd forgotten the start of the sentence.
Yes sorry I had no idea what she was trying to say as, as usual, she used the most shocking terms possible and threw them out context free apropos of nothing.

Also just to say I wasn’t gonna take the piss out of the chess but after she retweeted the entire thing still TW free I got mad #sorrynotsorry

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Just to say, I've checked and since these figs were published this morning, she's added another 100+ followers.
Well the good thing is it won't last. People will soon wise up to how self absorbed and tedious she is.
My reflection on yesterday's events is how utterly unempathetic she is. It is all always always completely about her, and how things are always worse for her than for anyone else ever.
The flip flopping from the revelations to 😂 and book plugging was bizarre. I presume she knew she had more people's attention and was giddy about it - so time for 'fun' Jack to appear.
No sense of responsibility about the havoc wreaked upon many people who read her tweets.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
I came across something that was talking about the woke/millenial tendency of being very focused on your 'identities'. It's one thing when it's something innate and unchangeable (orientation, race etc), but what they were pointing out is that when having anxiety, depression etc becomes such a core part of your being and how you see yourself then you are basically not going to be motivated to over-come it. Especially if overcoming it makes you lose victim points in an era of 'check your privilege.' I feel Jack's a really good example of that. She wouldn't want to overcome anxiety because then she can't put that she has anxiety in her bio anymore.
I agree. I have GAD, and it is far from the most interesting thing about me!* When I see Twitter bios that are a list of labels, it feels...off. Like, imagine if a friend was introducing you to someone - which set of information do you prefer? Which tells you about someone's character? Which opens up conversation?

"This is colouredlines, she's a heterosexual female immigrant recovered bulimic child of an alcoholic with GAD, I think you'd really get on!"

or

"This is colouredlines, she likes yoga, hiking, sewing and linguistics."

Maybe part of it comes from the evolution of the internet? 20 years ago we were more anonymous online - you'd go onto Livejournal to talk about stuff, with only the vaguest idea of who you're talking to. Now we can connect our FB/Insta/Twitter profiles everywhere, we know a lot of personal information about people, and identity stuff has become something to flaunt.

* I hope 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Now now blurst, she specifically says not to use it from the drain. Because that would be gross, while storing dry hair in a jar to light fires with is obviously much less repulsive.
I am surprised Jack hasn't suggested wiccan/pagan uses for hair.

Although, thinking about it, it would probably trigger repressed memories of the time she was inducted in to a satanic cult.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Ok please tell me to duck off if this is inappropriate but thread title:
It's not all grim-and-bare-it!
Sorry to those who sad faced this. I honestly wasn't mocking Jack's claim, I just can't resist a good eggcorn.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Yeah I was being dense last night (very tired) and I didn't notice the reference to the spy cops bill, my attention was more taken with the "rape and torture with impunity" bit and by the time I'd read that I'd forgotten the start of the sentence.
Using those terms shows she doesn’t have the first idea how long this story has been going on for or how many people, women in particular it has affected.

Just another 280 characters of tripe.

She needs to do some proper research or read the news instead of her twitter reels.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I haven't been able to get my head around anything that happened yesterday.....has she publicly mentioned SE or sent thoughts and best wishes to her family?

Sending love to anyone here who has been affected by all this. I'm going to delete all my socials (except this!) as everything just feels so.....much at the moment! X

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I’m not taking money saving tips from someone who can’t pay their rent.
maybe she should send her LL a copy to manage her money when she isn’t getting her rent.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I’m not taking money saving tips from someone who can’t pay their rent.
maybe she should send her LL a copy to manage her money when she isn’t getting her rent.
For sure, how do her followers not join the dots? Not to mention her tips range from useless to batshit crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I agree. I have GAD, and it is far from the most interesting thing about me!* When I see Twitter bios that are a list of labels, it feels...off. Like, imagine if a friend was introducing you to someone - which set of information do you prefer? Which tells you about someone's character? Which opens up conversation?

"This is colouredlines, she's a heterosexual female immigrant recovered bulimic child of an alcoholic with GAD, I think you'd really get on!"

or

"This is colouredlines, she likes yoga, hiking, sewing and linguistics."

Maybe part of it comes from the evolution of the internet? 20 years ago we were more anonymous online - you'd go onto Livejournal to talk about stuff, with only the vaguest idea of who you're talking to. Now we can connect our FB/Insta/Twitter profiles everywhere, we know a lot of personal information about people, and identity stuff has become something to flaunt.

* I hope 🤞🏻
I struggle with anxiety and depression but I see a therapist because I want it sorted out and I would say I have gotten much better than where I was several years ago.

Similarly with weight. I struggle to keep my weight down and I don't want to hate myself when I gain weight, but nor do I want plus-size to be a core-marker of my identity because ultimately I do know that weight increases your risk of ill health and I want to look after myself the best I can.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Police have the power to rape and torture with impunity?! You what now?
I was skimming the news earlier so I may be wrong about what I'm about to say but I passed an article that said American police won't be prosecuted for unsheathing (removing a condom during sex) during "sex" with prisoners. My first thought was that it's a reference to that, but wrong country 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
When we were tit poor as she puts it my mum used sticks to light our fire or screwed up newspapers. She used to get it from neighbours and family. She asked them to save them for her. And we needed fire as we had no central heated plumbing and our water was heated with electric geezers. The joys of living in a Victorian house who's landlord did absolutely nothing too. Before she harps on about it being the old days it wasn't. This was in the 90s.
On a top tip note for lighting fires. Waitrose free Weekend paper, superior quality paper.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.