Jack Monroe #163 Not saying anything new

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For sure, how do her followers not join the dots? Not to mention her tips range from useless to batshit crazy.
If she doesn’t suggest using a pitta bread as an emergency clutch bag, she’s not even trying #IfYouKnowYouKnow

• Haha
Reactions: 79
I've just googled "can you use hair as a firelighter".

Based on the results I can't see this "top tip" making it into the final book, unless there is literally zero fact checking done.

Also, it's strange to me that these tips are on page 20 / 220.

I would expect them as a little add-on, not the main body of the book? Who's going to feel like cooking up a fresh batch of slop after reading about plughole hair?
'Angel Hair Pasta too pricey? Use drain hair. After all, hair is hair is hair.'

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
According to the tabled bill for tomorrow, the way the police behaved is exactly what Priti Patel wants to see: The police having the power to stop any protest they deem inconvenient (whether that is too loud or just a hindrance to other members of the public). Never mind that a big part of protesting is exactly that: being loud and inconveniencing so you get heard.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
I have to say I had similar thoughts. I sincerely hope I’m wrong.
I am curious what you're thinking, but it's okay if you don't feel you should
share it here?

I am still reeling from what Jack did and said yesterday.
I send love and light to all affected here and on twitter, such a lot of damage done.
And for what gain?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
What a shitshow. Jack really does need to take steps to grow and move on from her trauma. Please seek therapy Jack. I would also consider moving away from Southend, make a fresh start away from the stalker (not that she should have to move because of him) and the scene of the poverty. Create a new positive life, focus on what you can control and achieve and try to move on from all the negative things. Leave twitter for good too. You need to take some big steps to try and heal now Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Jack needs help and as others have said, stop spouting a harmful message that she is damaged beyond repair etc. Neuroplasticity in adults does exist and it's possible to heal and move on from trauma, but it needs the right help by the right people. Twitter is not the place for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Her whole persona/back story is built on lies. She doesn't want to move on. It is far too lucrative.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I am surprised Jack hasn't suggested wiccan/pagan uses for hair.

Although, thinking about it, it would probably trigger repressed memories of the time she was inducted in to a satanic cult.
I'm sure that there's plenty of people happy to do a binding on her, especially after last night...

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I am curious what you're thinking, but it's okay if you don't feel you should
share it here?

I am still reeling from what Jack did and said yesterday.
I send love and light to all affected here and on twitter, such a lot of damage done.
And for what gain?
I think the original pov origin story has been exposed (via the SEB podcast and other moments of Jack's own accidental candour) as completely inconsistent and the story about being blackmailed is a new watertight version that must not be questioned. To do any different undermines "I believe you", which no decent person wants to do.
I didn't want to say this yesterday but after the 😂 tweet and the sense of being emotionally manipulated in the extreme, it feels like fair game to comment again.
I want to be wrong, if that counts for anything.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
new thread this way, not poca standard but...

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.