Jack Monroe #163 Not saying anything new

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TBH I don't think her books can be doing that badly, as the new one has a fancy colour layout with photos - the last few did not, so a step up, I think.

I've been wondering about it actually, as we've now seen this horrific leftover hair page as well as her origin story page a few weeks back. It is a LOT fancier-looking than the last couple of slop manuals.

EubWoorXUAMLBKX.jpeg

Reactions: 25
I’ve always called them cops

Police station = cop shop. No-one else?
Cops call themselves cops. As I've said before, I used to be police staff; I also used to have a video called Cop Gun which the Road Policing lot did to take the piss out of the little maverick's film.

Incidentally, our establishment was the base for a lot of officers from other forces coming to help out at a very big event with lots of high security, international VIPs, and large protests. At the time the protests were at their most intense, I came across a whole load of Met officers kicking their heels in a staff area. I asked them why they were there rather than on the front line, ie was it some sort of rest break, and one bitterly told me that the Chief Constable in charge of the event policing considered them "too confrontational". The CC in question was actually English himself albeit in charge of a Scots force so no cross-border aggro. It was noticed, however, layer in the courts that the English officers from other, non-Met, forces had tended to lay in with force more than we were used to. I'll always remember that "too confrontational" remark reported from a well-respected senior officer.

• Wow
Reactions: 33
Alright lads, our local mini community police hub thing is actually called the Cop Shop. It’s in a shop.
Am now on an incy grunk for the next few days. Had a bit of good luck as was in London and found a Burberry scarf in a puddle. Felt bad as it turns out it really can happen. Flogged it on eBay for 50 squid and been out living it up buying butter like some kind of wolf of Wall Street. Have I missed much?
Edit- did she just try to Priti-mate the Home Secretary?

Wanted to pop on just to send my love to my early morning buddy @WaffleMaker ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Honestly really feel for her on the abuse story. It's sadly probably true, genuinely hope she finds some closure somehow from it. I hope she was believed when she told people earlier in her life but I do wonder if that's where her pattern of exaggerating things to seek sympathy comes from, not being believed when something truly horrific did happen. Just awful stuff and disgustingly not as rare as we would all like to believe unfortunately.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Alright lads, our local mini community police hub thing is actually called the Cop Shop. It’s in a shop.
Am now on an incy grunk for the next few days. Had a bit of good luck as was in London and found a Burberry scarf in a puddle. Felt bad as it turns out it really can happen. Flogged it on eBay for 50 squid and been out living it up buying butter like some kind of wolf of Wall Street. Have I missed much?
Edit- did she just try to Priti-mate the Home Secretary?

Wanted to pop on just to send my love to my early morning buddy @WaffleMaker ❤
Good scarf Skilz. And good morning x
My school have made me take a week off because I’m too frazzled for work. I was supposed to be doing all kinds of meetings and lessons and stuff, but instead I am going to make my daughter’s lunch and take her to school for the first time ever.

Thinking of everyone who had a sad day yesterday. I am in shock with the news pictures I have just read, as well as the tumble dryer fluff. Very jarring.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
In other news saving your hair as a firestarter is bleeping hilarious given how awful burning hair smells (memories of trying to straighten my hair with a travel iron abound). Glad Jack threw us a bone there with all of the grim awfulness going on in the news right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
TBH I don't think her books can be doing that badly, as the new one has a fancy colour layout with photos - the last few did not, so a step up, I think.

I've been wondering about it actually, as we've now seen this horrific leftover hair page as well as her origin story page a few weeks back. It is a LOT fancier-looking than the last couple of slop manuals.

View attachment 481213
Does anyone else just really not want to read a misery memoir/hoarders handbook/slop food cooking book? I don't mind a little bit of personal stuff, but not like that.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
I’ve always called them cops

Police station = cop shop. No-one else?
Dull post.
Cop = constable on patrol

Was police shorthand for years, don't believe they use it anymore.
ETA - seemingly they do use it still, should read to end properly before posting!

Reactions: 37
Morning cable. It’s been a rough night. One of my Non Binary friends is really struggling with the disservice Jack is doing to the community. It started the other day when she reduced the transgender process to “a couple of testosterone injections” and it’s been getting worse since. Her clearly identifying as a woman when it suited her last night was the final straw. Few are willing to call Jack out on it because the comments get claimed and used as cheap gotchas by gender critical activists and when that happens it is A LOT to deal with. I feel so bad for them 😢

Edit: I asked their permission to give this brief outline.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
Morning cable. It’s been a rough night. One of my Non Binary friends is really struggling with the disservice Jack is doing to the community. It started the other day when she reduced the transgender process to “a couple of testosterone injections” and it’s been getting worse since. Her clearly identifying as a woman when it suited her last night was the final straw. Few are willing to call Jack out on it because the comments get claimed and used as cheap gotchas by gender critical activists and when that happens it is A LOT to deal with. I feel so bad for them 😢

Edit: I asked their permission to give this brief outline.
This is why Jack is so upsetting to so many people. She uses words without thinking the effect they could have on others.

The same with the spy bill. This has been going on for years. The Guardian (back when it had a backbone had a real bee in its bonnet about Kennedy and other undercover police officers who had relationships and the way they were handled). She just thinks it is a one- point issue, but like others have said Starmer’s reasoning for Labour’s position isn’t really that crystal clear (😞).

I have attached an article just to show Jack (when she reads) how late to the party she was.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
She's unhinged. Well at least we learned 2 things from yesterday evening's meltdown - 1. We know now that the whole mega-thread was indeed a mechanism to centre herself in the whole apparent debate, and that she's happy to repost it when she sees that interest is high enough but that her own engagement is dipping off - and with zero fucks given about the effect it has on those concerned or on those reading it and 2. Just read the way she dismisses the people who question her, and the way she so easily and publicly goes after another easy target, namely fathers4justice, and never ever take lectures from this woman about being kind or indeed, online bullying.

Oh tit, forgot one more, so 3 things - she's a simpleton making easy plays for clicks. "rape and torture with impunity" was a particular low point, she's an idiot.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Me too-
Constable on patrol- thats what I was taught it stood for.
You never stop learning 🤗.

One day you learn what cop stands for.

Another day you learn that you can make a bechamel in a nutribullet.

(Edit- you can’t)

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I'm so sorry that she's deeply upset a lot of people with her latest twitter thread and repost, and then just blithely gone on to the next drama. She's just so thoroughly awful. She does not care, not one tiny scrap of her is capable of any sort of caring or empathy. Everything she does is just so offensive, hurtful and upsetting to so many different groups of people.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
So overnight time was taken for self reflection and self care and quiet time yes?

it’s a ducking 🦆 joke.

this is very bad , I fervently hope she doesn’t get an article off the back of this hurtful act

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Good morning Cable. I've been thinking about contrasts since I woke up. My partner would not in a million years describe herself as a campaigner. She has spent the last 2 years as part of a group that want to convert a waterside /ex industrial site into a natural wild swimming facility. She attends all the meetings, does the boring stuff like taking minutes, helping with fundraising/ publicity etc. Compare and contrast with JM...

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I think one of the most damaging things about Jack discussing her trauma is that she NEVER speaks about treatment or ways forward. She presents herself as being permanently broken - the Poverty left her unable to open envelopes or answer her front door, this stalking has left her "a bloody ruin of a human being", etc etc.

It's a bit like during the free school meals drama, when she did not offer a single solution, just flailed and ranted about how tit the government is.

It's so incredibly irresponsible to put out a narrative of "I am broken and will never recover".

• Heart
Reactions: 88
I deactivated Twitter on Friday because the toxicity was messing with my MH and I’m finding the Sarah Everard case upsetting, like so many others and now Jacks revelation. If you’re reading this Jack, it was a piece of piss to do and I wholeheartedly recommend that you do it for your own peace of mind. You’ve upset a hell of a lot of people with your words and with your lack of trigger warnings but you don’t care do you? Because it’s only you that’s allowed to feel things and to be upset by them.

My dads wife was a lot like you, when he died she thought she was the only one allowed to grieve for him and that mine and my sisters grief was superficial and didn’t exist to her (thank duck that toxic witch is out of our lives now) Anyway, I digress. Jack, you need help, you know you need help. Deactivate the hellscape and see how instantly better you feel for it, don’t just ‘be away’ because you clearly can’t just ‘be away’. Finish your tit book, enjoy your kid still bring a kid, clear your mind of everything. You don’t need to be involved in every damn thing, you just don’t. The world will carry on without you ‘sticking your beak’ into everything and that’s fine, it really is.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.