Jack Monroe #163 Not saying anything new

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well I never! I just thought I’d got my name from The Day Today and it’s another way of saying Mother Fuckers without actually swearing. Fair play to you Martha Farkus Glaser 💪🏼
Although just noticed it’s Farkas not Farkus. Semantics 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I am a non exceptional ninnie and find the lack of apparent lack of personal support in real life really odd. Several years ago I stumbled across a Mumsnet thread that seemed to be by an acquaintance who was in a very bad place mental health wise after emigrating and while I didn't know them well enough to contact directly, I didn't post on the thread or like it , I did pass it on to a good friend of theirs so someone in real life could talk to them.
I know there is a Mumsnet thread so sorry for going OT, but that reminds me of a really harrowing MN thread about a year or so ago on a similar line and not being allowed to move back home.

I came off MN as it was easy to get too invested. The posters were all offering help but it seemed helpless.

When you read things like that you can see how awful life can be and Jack just goes from posting really traumatic things to light hearted jokes. I don’t for one minute doubt she is in pain, but for that pain to be lifted in some way she needs to not trivialise and truly realise the enormity of the impact of her posts on herself and others.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
She isn’t having a breakdown, the whole thing was entirely calculated.

Is the screen shot she showed from the manuscript format or is she still in first draft stage? Because honestly, who wants to read a huge wall of text about burnt hair?

• Heart
Reactions: 41
There's Territory Cops too. Mostly lots of pissed up fools, which tbh is standard behaviour here.

* Has Jimmy Carr had Botox?
* How to make banana cake in Toca Boca
* Roman numerals for 97

I'm not sure she'd lower herself to google me 😂
DD loves a bit of Toca Boca, but she makes Jack style recipes. "Mummy, do you think the girl will like watermelon, lemon and broccoli smoothie?" type ideas.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
She isn’t having a breakdown, the whole thing was entirely calculated.

Is the screen shot she showed from the manuscript format or is she still in first draft stage? Because honestly, who wants to read a huge wall of text about burnt hair?
Ooh I thought that too. It’s not Jane Eyre. All of that text. Not enough white space. I just couldn’t be arsed reading it even if it was something I was interested in.

Reactions: 20
The problem is, with this latest bombshell, there's literally nowhere left to go. Nothing worse could have possibly happened to her, but she'll continue needing that dopamine hit from social media. I imagine her comedown today will be spectacular - there's only so many times you can retweet yourself (am so appalled at that) before people move on. She says she's going to step back and look after herself from next week - I think we all know she has no intention of doing that.
Yeah, her coping mechanism seems to be getting validation on SM :( . She seems so additcted.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Just a thought, why is her 10 year old googling his mum? She could and should use Net Nanny or similar if she's not able to monitor his internet use.

Pretty sure it's another Jack fabrication but I'm happy to be corrected if parents of current and previous pre-teens can confirm this is something they do.
She is not concerned at all. She loves controlling and threatening and governing others and if she doesn't like what they do they are bullies. Yesterday has ultimately shown that she does not give a slight tit about others and their wellbeing. Because she could start being careful with what SHE shares. She herself is abusive that way.
I sensed the usual vibe of satisfaction when she had received all the attention, even the compassion from the coven.
I am not saying this lightly as I don't want to control others by dictating them how to deal with their experiences (if they are true). Anyone can choose to keep it private or go to the big stage, write about it, turn it into art etc. but everyone always has a responsibility.
She is often described as unhinged but I see her as an absolutely calculating person.
Also, the DIVA mag nomination...no,no,no...as per usual, something is so completely off about her.
She even told someone her sock size so that someone can gift her socks. To me she will always be a grifter, that is her essence to me.
The new revelation could also provide a new opportunity to cover her lies. I had expected this. She will now be able to say that x was not true, the real reason was y....Someone posted about her singing and the reason why she could not sing freely anymore was the pov. But now she had changed it to something else.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Ooh I thought that too. It’s not Jane Eyre. All of that text. Not enough white space. I just couldn’t be arsed reading it even if it was something I was interested in.
It really smacks of writing to a word count. Uses for leftover hair FFS.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Munchausen's by Internet. I think she is very unwell. Some stories she may make up, others true, could be self-inflicted. But all add up to one thing - she deeply requires attention and sympathy. This, in itself, part of another psychological issue - not feeling supported as a child perhaps. Obviously I am no doctor. I just hope she gets some help. For herself and for those she is hurting through her actions.

My thoughts have been with you all. I feel things deeply, like some of you have said, and feel the pain of others. I truly hope you can all get through this. 💚

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Wonder how long it will be before a Brontë reference sneaks in now you have mentioned Jane Eyre?

She’ll drop in a ‘Mr Rochester’ somewhere no doubt.

• Haha
I am a person that takes people as I see them and I am very much a live and let live person but if she is honestly using her SA story as a way to get attention I will literally have lost what little respect I ever had for her.

That is beyond sick. There are people who can barely hold themselves together due to what they have gone through. She needs a real wake up call and also I hope she's being there for her son during this episode. Regardless of what she gojtn through he needs his mum present and not lost in the world of dopamine hits.

“I care for myself" this is a definite Jane Eyre quote she could use.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
How many fires do most people generally light anyway? She has central heating, not an open fire, so it's not even a regular thing for her either.
I light one most days. I use fire lighters and kindling FFS. Unless she uses hers for her pizza oven. Tasty.

• Haha
  • Sick
In case anyone was thinking she was spending time away from Twitter, she isn’t.

She is still liking tweets.

Cable on the other hand is busy googling

1. How to make a cake in a computer game (wtf)
2. How to play lemmings on your phone
3. Relevant Jane Eyre quotes we may have used in GCSE
4. Random things to use as firelighters.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Lemmings! I loved lemmings it was addictive and infuriating. I was not good at it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Munchausen's by Internet. I think she is very unwell. Some stories she may make up, others true, could be self-inflicted. But all add up to one thing - she deeply requires attention and sympathy. This, in itself, part of another psychological issue - not feeling supported as a child perhaps. Obviously I am no doctor. I just hope she gets some help. For herself and for those she is hurting through her actions.

My thoughts have been with you all. I feel things deeply, like some of you have said, and feel the pain of others. I truly hope you can all get through this. 💚
Only a few days ago a friend shared a 'desperate' call for help from a woman who has lost her job and is now not able to feed animals (outdoor) anymore. She provided an E-Mail for paypal and the E-Mail and fb name are clearly a fake name. Her mother was also rushed into hospital with an ambulance due to a brain tumour.
She needed cash and also animal food donations but of course more money because she mixes the food herself.
Makes sense.

This is an extreme case though and a bit OT but I could see so many comments from people who donated.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I think there are a lot of women feeling very down today. Not just because of the significance of the day to many, but because their Sunday morning bike rides, jogging, walking in Springtime have been tainted by this awful case. And by the Police's actions last night.

It must be hard if somebody went, either to work or just because they strongly identified with the poor woman, to then find out - just as they are there and experiencing the way the people were being treated - that somebody they knew was in the process of disclosing childhood abuse a fair distance away. I hope that anybody potentially in that position last night was able to remain calm, focused and safe in the melee. If they actually got a signal, which was apparently an issue last night.

Lemmings! I loved lemmings it was addictive and infuriating. I was not good at it.

Oh, no! [BOOOOOOM]

Available on phones now. Mr D plays it far more often than is reasonable; and the first I knew of it being available was hearing the familiar sound from across the kitchen; 'Why does that sound like you're playing Lemmings on your phone?'. 'Because I'm playing Lemmings on my phone?'. #relationshipgoals

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Oh, no! [BOOOOOOM]

Available on phones now. Mr D plays it far more often than is reasonable; and the first I knew of it being available was hearing the familiar sound from across the kitchen; 'Why does that sound like you're playing Lemmings on your phone?'. 'Because I'm playing Lemmings on my phone?'. #relationshipgoals
Thanks for that.

#tunneldisappearsfromtattle

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.