Jack Monroe #163 Not saying anything new

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In case anyone was thinking she was spending time away from Twitter, she isn’t.

She is still liking tweets.

Cable on the other hand is busy googling

1. How to make a cake in a computer game (wtf)
2. How to play lemmings on your phone
3. Relevant Jane Eyre quotes we may have used in GCSE
4. Random things to use as firelighters.
To be honest, she annoyed me so much I’ve been cleaning the kitchen. I even bleached the food waste bin so she’s actually done one good deed (albeit accidentally).

ETA gif

1615718523391.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
In case anyone was thinking she was spending time away from Twitter, she isn’t.

She is still liking tweets.

Cable on the other hand is busy googling

1. How to make a cake in a computer game (wtf)
2. How to play lemmings on your phone
3. Relevant Jane Eyre quotes we may have used in GCSE
4. Random things to use as firelighters.
Lemmings? On a phone???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Something I've been pondering all night with this.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was an element of people not being believed with their stories making it hard to access support and provision for tackling food poverty and the shame around those feelings etc discussed in this TEDx

If so, Jack needs to tread VERY carefully. It is the same with abuse as we well know - people aren't believed and can feel shame etc when they disclose, just as Jack has experienced.

IF it did come out further down the line that there were elements of the account that weren't true, she is contributing to the issue and perpetuating the idea that so many organisations nationally are working to combat. She has also built her living trying to reverse this thinking for another group of people.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Doesn't make the slightest bit of sense to me.
Grunking so this might have already been said, presumably she is referencing when undercover police infiltrated activist groups and got involved with the activist women and had intimate relationships with them under the guise of their undercover identities. So the women didn't actually know who they were really having relations with. It was a huge story a few years ago and the women were traumatised by it. Pretty sure there's more annd worse but as this was so headline grabbing I presume it's what she means 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 31
The numbers are in. 1719 new followers yesterday. Well done Jack.

View attachment 481448
She's going to be riding high off that attention today. No wonder she's been posting those political tweets and deleting them, coming across totally unhinged.

I also wondered if she'd gone back to some bad habits because of the way she's been coming across.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
Grunking so this might have already been said, presumably she is referencing when undercover police infiltrated activist groups and got involved with the activist women and had intimate relationships with them under the guise of their undercover identities. So the women didn't actually know who they were really having relations with. It was a huge story a few years ago and the women were traumatised by it. Pretty sure there's more annd worse but as this was so headline grabbing I presume it's what she means 😢
Yeah I was being dense last night (very tired) and I didn't notice the reference to the spy cops bill, my attention was more taken with the "rape and torture with impunity" bit and by the time I'd read that I'd forgotten the start of the sentence.

Reactions: 26
The way she's written her tweets upsets me as it's worded almost like a story, for dramatic effect. I'm not saying it's not true. It's her style of writing but it makes it seem like she's revelling in this. That's just how it comes across, to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Is this the first ever cookery book to recommend collecting hair from the drain and using it as a fire lighter? What the actual duck

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 65
Is this the first ever cookery book to recommend collecting hair from the drain and using it as a fire lighter? What the actual duck
Now now blurst, she specifically says not to use it from the drain. Because that would be gross, while storing dry hair in a jar to light fires with is obviously much less repulsive.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 57
Now now blurst, she specifically says not to use it from the drain. Because that would be gross, while storing dry hair in a jar to light fires with is obviously much less repulsive.
I actually cannot wait for this shitshow of a book

• Haha
Reactions: 40
She just doesn’t want to get better, just like she’ll never really admit that’s she’s not poor. It would take away everything she currently is and then what else is she left with?
I came across something that was talking about the woke/millenial tendency of being very focused on your 'identities'. It's one thing when it's something innate and unchangeable (orientation, race etc), but what they were pointing out is that when having anxiety, depression etc becomes such a core part of your being and how you see yourself then you are basically not going to be motivated to over-come it. Especially if overcoming it makes you lose victim points in an era of 'check your privilege.' I feel Jack's a really good example of that. She wouldn't want to overcome anxiety because then she can't put that she has anxiety in her bio anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
She has basically identified this person to locals from Southend area. If she has made it up. Or even if it is true this person is at Huge risk of harm.
This is a reinvention of her entire origin story with lots of convenient parts brought in.
my personal view is that this is an attack is the best defence for the upcoming tax bill. Allegedly. She is a master manipulator and makes every topic about her. I wish the BLM whiter than mayo video was still up as this was her previous attempt at trying to insert herself. I vaguely recall she had a repeated strap line of “sit the duck down” or something for that and now the new one she has created is “the. Police. Did. Nothing”

Personally I am very angry at the met and the way they have dealt with this weekend’s events but I think Jack has embellished what may be a truthful story within an inch of its life.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I've just googled "can you use hair as a firelighter".

Based on the results I can't see this "top tip" making it into the final book, unless there is literally zero fact checking done.

Also, it's strange to me that these tips are on page 20 / 220.

I would expect them as a little add-on, not the main body of the book? Who's going to feel like cooking up a fresh batch of slop after reading about plughole hair?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
I have no feeling in the end of my r/middle finger, I used to burn it with the tip of the soldering iron at work at least once a week and not notice until I could smell that god awful stench that is exactly like burning hair.

Who would even think that drain hair is useful for fuel, let alone put it out there like a Viz Top Tip?

Here comes the nausea again, God help me.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
I've just googled "can you use hair as a firelighter".

Based on the results I can't see this "top tip" making it into the final book, unless there is literally zero fact checking done.

Also, it's strange to me that these tips are on page 20 / 220.

I would expect them as a little add-on, not the main body of the book? Who's going to feel like cooking up a fresh batch of slop after reading about plughole hair?
Imagine opening a cookbook hoping for a good recipe for lasagne and instead having to read about online bullies and look at A4 sized photos of tumble dryer fluff

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
She just doesn’t want to get better, just like she’ll never really admit that’s she’s not poor. It would take away everything she currently is and then what else is she left with?
Very much this, whilst a "label" can be helpful in accessing support it can also be a big hindrence to any recovery.
If someone feels that the only way they receive love and validation is through say their MH diagnosis, they often cannot see the value in working towards recovery,

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.