Jack Monroe #163 Not saying anything new

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me too-
Constable on patrol- thats what I was taught it stood for
That’s a “backronym” where the reason is invented after the shortened word. There’s a longer explanation on Wikipedia to do with 17c language - an interesting diversion!

• Wow
Reactions: 35
Does anyone else just really not want to read a misery memoir/hoarders handbook/slop food cooking book? I don't mind a little bit of personal stuff, but not like that.
Yeah, her fans will know the whole backstory already, so why it needs another outing in this book is beyond me. And who the duck needs fire starters made from dryer lint? Good hacks or tips are along the lines of: "put a small ramekin of baking soda in your fridge to get rid of odours". Not "keep your rubbish in a jar so you can have more clutter"

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Am hoping this doesn't come across as too harsh, but one thing that sticks out from the events of yesterday is that despite it all she was immediately perfectly happy to promote her book, looked absolutely fine on her promotional video, was more than happy to twitter search her name and to promote the same thread again when she wanted a bit more engagement and was, at the end of this long day, trigger finger ready to pick fights with people who disagreed with her outlandish and controversial claims made throughout the next twitter storm/engagement opportunity. Without commenting further, it does seem worth pointing out.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
Good morning Cable. I've been thinking about contrasts since I woke up. My partner would not in a million years describe herself as a campaigner. She has spent the last 2 years as part of a group that want to convert a waterside /ex industrial site into a natural wild swimming facility. She attends all the meetings, does the boring stuff like taking minutes, helping with fundraising/ publicity etc. Compare and contrast with JM...
I love reading this. Not to insert myself here 🤓, but when the state of the world depressed and demoralised me in 2016 (the Brexit results and after Trump was elected), getting involved with a community project was the best thing for restoring some faith in humanity. Not that dealing with other people is easy. It's really hard actually and some people are a nightmare to get along with ('the people' are easier to deal with when you are just tweeting in abstract terms). But it was so much better to be invovled in something that mattered to me (I guess it gives some purpose and connection), than to only complain on social media.

During the pandemic I have been trying to keep that attitude ('what can I do now?'), though I have to admit I find it increasingly hard :(

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
That’s a “backronym” where the reason is invented after the shortened word. There’s a longer explanation on Wikipedia to do with 17c language - an interesting diversion!
Oooo I do love a good old ‘backronym’ said the vicar to the priest...

*no offence was meant to be caused by my Sunday smut- will delete if so

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Morning everyone. Made it through half a series of LLL yesterday. These people really have unrealistic expectations of their budgets don't they?

I know today will be a sensitive day for some and you have all my love.

Feeling very emotional about speaking to my Mum. I just keep thinking about Sarah's Mum. There's this kind of dull heartache hanging over everything this week and I can't quite shake it.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Have...have you see what she’s just tweeted? About her
primary school teacher
? Extremely triggering stuff.
I’ve got screengrabs but honestly don’t know if they should be shared here, it’s really really upsetting stuff. Wish I hadn’t seen it. Just a heads up for any cabal members that... maybe
It's all a bit Dickensian Orphan meets Take a Break Tips
thread title.... PLEASE!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Was just about to post! (All copied from Wikipedia)

Cop, Coppa or Copper
The term copper was the original, unshortened word, originally used in Britain to mean "someone who captures". In British English, the term cop is recorded (Shorter Oxford Dictionary) in the sense of 'to capture' from 1704, derived from the Latin capere via the Old French caper.[13] The OED suggests that "copper" is from "cop" in this sense, but adds that the derivation is uncertain. Many imaginative but incorrect stories have come up over the years, including that cop refers to the police uniform's copper buttons, the police man's copper badge, or that it is an abbreviation for "constable on patrol", "constabulary of police", or "chief of police".[14]

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Just a thought, why is her 10 year old googling his mum? She could and should use Net Nanny or similar if she's not able to monitor his internet use.

Pretty sure it's another Jack fabrication but I'm happy to be corrected if parents of current and previous pre-teens can confirm this is something they do.

Reactions: 30
As for cops, I have adopted my partner's 'polis' rather than saying police, and always thought cops was an American thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Just a thought, why is her 10 year old googling his mum? She could and should use Net Nanny or similar if she's not able to monitor his internet use.

Pretty sure it's another Jack fabrication but I'm happy to be corrected if parents of current and previous pre-teens can confirm this is something they do.
Just looked through my daughters last google searches and they are:

1. skateboards for girls
2. Colditz castle (for school)
3. Our generation dolls

No searches for me. Maybe it’s because she’s only 8 1/2 but can’t believe she’s not searching for my name, I feel unseen.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I'm so sorry that she's deeply upset a lot of people with her latest twitter thread and repost, and then just blithely gone on to the next drama. She's just so thoroughly awful. She does not care, not one tiny scrap of her is capable of any sort of caring or empathy. Everything she does is just so offensive, hurtful and upsetting to so many different groups of people.
Basically she’s a Troll!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Morning everyone. Made it through half a series of LLL yesterday. These people really have unrealistic expectations of their budgets don't they?

I know today will be a sensitive day for some and you have all my love.

Feeling very emotional about speaking to my Mum. I just keep thinking about Sarah's Mum. There's this kind of dull heartache hanging over everything this week and I can't quite shake it.
oh god her poor mother. It’s unbearably sad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Am hoping this doesn't come across as too harsh, but one thing that sticks out from the events of yesterday is that despite it all she was immediately perfectly happy to promote her book, looked absolutely fine on her promotional video, was more than happy to twitter search her name and to promote the same thread again when she wanted a bit more engagement and was, at the end of this long day, trigger finger ready to pick fights with people who disagreed with her outlandish and controversial claims made throughout the next twitter storm/engagement opportunity. Without commenting further, it does seem worth pointing out.
This 👏🏻👏🏻
After yesterday and the memories it made resurface, I spent the majority of the day barely able to speak to anyone. Poor husband had to put up with one syllable words from me all day. I know everyone deals with things differently but still..

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
Oh cabal, the weekend’s activities in the real world, on Twitter and here in our hausfrau universe, leave me feeling dreadful. Absolutely speechless.

The hugest of hugs to all who are upset by the unfolding events, particularly those triggered owing to horrific past experiences of your own. I hope all reading, AND tweeting 🧐, have some accessible real life support.

Love you ninnies ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 47
She has broken me to be honest.

She has just threw such a triggering subject out with clear abandon. I get she wants to be heard but I feel like she's trying to take away from what's actually happening.

This lady has lost her life, she didnt get to tell her story to fight back with her fellow women about how men treat women.

She has now told the "world" one of her most intimate and awful secrets. She must feel so naked now in the public eye.

She's is brave for coming forward and I do believe her. I really think she needs her close ones close. I find it so sad that not even Louisa has publicly reached out to her. I get they are low key but what's wrong with a heart emoji or at the very least I'm here for you. It's so desperately sad and she must feel so alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Not going to comment on her. Just wanted to send my love to whoever needs it today. Really wished I could hug some of you after reading posts yesterday ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.