Jack Monroe #154 The book has furloughed itself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
While I think she has more ailments than a hospital pisspot some thyroid conditions can cause ulcers or as they are known in restaurant parlance, Ouchy Mouth.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I've got two enforced 'down days' whilst we wait to hear back from the channel we are delivering to and I'm sitting here feeling guilty about it, despite being told to take the time off by my manager.

Anyone else got any tips for getting over the guilts when you've no reason to feel guilty at all? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
She really doesn't hide her man-hate does she? I hope SB doesn't grow up ashamed to be male because his mad mother instilled it into him because she is on a woke cause for Twitter likes.
I guess we do all have an example of mansplaining or even of “hepeating” (that’s a new one on me! Sounds more like going up for seconds of the Sunday roast 😂)

But I agree with you - we can all think of examples of people behaving badly. Including women (what do we call that? Shepeating?). But it’s relatively rare?

Unless of course you’re the kind of person who is looking for reasons to find offence. 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I guess we do all have an example of mansplaining or even of “hepeating” (that’s a new one on me! Sounds more like going up for seconds of the Sunday roast 😂)

But I agree with you - we can all think of examples of people behaving badly. Including women (what do we call that? Shepeating?). But it’s relatively rare?

Unless of course you’re the kind of person who is looking for reasons to find offence. 👀
Exactly. I'm not somebody who constantly needs praise either like Jack. That's what's upset her more, she didn't get the gold star! lol!

Had plenty of women do this to me too, am a woman, but as you said, not looking to be a professional victim. Being a Tattler is more fun!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
While I think she has more ailments than a hospital pisspot some thyroid conditions can cause ulcers or as they are known in restaurant parlance, Ouchy Mouth.
Oh Tipp you do make me laugh (I’m going to use hospital puss 🥕pot from now on!) Thanks very Matt much 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
My daughter was saying that a boy in her class had 'mansplained' to her yesterday. She was explaining to him (lecturing I reckon) why the Beatles should be cancelled (?!!) and he wouldn't listen to her TikTok conspiracy theorries. She is annoyed with me because I told her she has to use actual credible sources that she couldn't find. I made her crazy by pretending that I was going to apologise to the boy on her behalf. I think teenagers have a lot of trouble with critical thinking when they read things from a platform they trust.

I don't care that much about mansplaining. I have always worked with people who like the sound of their own voices (like me). My husband does it to me and my daughters- we just roll our eyes- he's outnumbered, whats he gonna do?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I feel sorry for her GP. Used to work in a surgery. I know her type...

I have a feeling that medical intervention will happen by the end of today. Somehow.

@Orphan_Black Love the username. Am on series 5 now. On topic Monroe's a grifter

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
My daughter was saying that a boy in her class had 'mansplained' to her yesterday. She was explaining to him (lecturing I reckon) why the Beatles should be cancelled (?!!) and he wouldn't listen to her TikTok conspiracy theorries. She is annoyed with me because I told her she has to use actual credible sources that she couldn't find. I made her crazy by pretending that I was going to apologise to the boy on her behalf. I think teenagers have a lot of trouble with critical thinking when they read things from a platform they trust.

I don't care that much about mansplaining. I have always worked with people who like the sound of their own voices (like me). My husband does it to me and my daughters- we just roll our eyes- he's outnumbered, whats he gonna do?
Why did she say the Beatles should be cancelled lol?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Oh no, did Marcus “hepeat” her work? Apologies for saying that stupid word 😫

• Haha
Reactions: 48
so much for her jaunt to town then. the railway-travelling shins of the south-east are safe for another day

• Haha
Reactions: 42

Critical thinking has been really damaged by social media. Complex ideas don't fit easily into tweets or stories.

I really hate buzzwords like mansplaining or hepeating(?), because they feel extremely reductive. A couple of years ago I was working as part of a managerial team of 3 - two women and one man - and the difference in the way people responded to us was extraordinary.

There are a lot of serious issues to be addressed when it comes to sexism, and "stop manslaining me bro" really downplays them and makes it easier for people to dismiss them as a bit of a joke.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
I feel sorry for her GP. Used to work in a surgery. I know her type...

I have a feeling that medical intervention will happen by the end of today. Somehow.

@Orphan_Black Love the username. Am on series 5 now. On topic Monroe's a grifter
I’m always slightly concerned when she goes down this kind of track (also ouchy mouth etc) that if she really does have some allergies, she’ll resort to eating something to trigger one and get her medical intervention that way.

Reactions: 33
I’m always slightly concerned when she goes down this kind of track (also ouchy mouth etc) that if she really does have some allergies, she’ll resort to eating something to trigger one and get her medical intervention that way.
I know she’s an attention seeking narc, but the whole medical mishap thing is alarming in its regularity.

They way she describes her childhood (having to “co-parent” etc - doubtless untrue, but she might believe it to be true), I wonder if the times she got the attention she felt she deserved (meaning everyone’s, all the time) was when she wasn’t well?

And so now she just keeps repeating that in order to sate her need for attention. Maybe subconsciously?

Welcome to my pop psychology seminar!

ETA: prob more like cod psychology, but still!

1613992272924.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.