Jack Monroe #154 The book has furloughed itself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Late to the butter pie party (but not late to the less than £2 Lidl Danpak!)... I will be googling and drooling. Droogling? I make cheese and potato pie which is probably the same. Make some buttery mashed potato, crack some eggs in little wells in the mash, dump truck worth of cheese on top and bake... serve with baked beans in their juice (or ‘jus’). Not for sharing a bed with someone who doesn’t want to be farted on. God I wish I could be arsed to make it now.
As the self-proclaimed Cabal Butter Pie expert (🤣), a butter pie needs pastry but what you describe sounds delicious and I may attempt to make it so thank you 😊

Reactions: 14
You know what my lovely Frau & Herron, I’m not a negative person, I’m very live & let live, I look at some of the threads on here about influencers etc and I honestly feel sorry for them because it seems they can’t do right for doing wrong. For some (many, many) reason, every single thing Jack does, says, EVERYTHING gets right on my tits. She really is the most irritating, disingenuous, self centred, self serving, f**king twit I’ve ever come across. And I’m 51. And met a lot of twats. I live in hope that she will either finally get ‘found out’ for her total horse tit or disappear from public view. If it was t for you lot I don’t know what if do. You make me feel seen.
TillyMiffin I feel exactly the same way. You've articulated it so well.
I am horrified that she's been getting away with this for so long.
I am not a vindictive person but she has taken the absolute piss for far too long
and is well overdue her comeuppance.
phew I feel better for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Ffs. Does that mean I can claim to be Irish?! I grew up with huge amounts of security, mirrors under car checks, etc. because my dad's military unit deployment made us families a target. I'm closer to the Troubles than she is and I'm a southern england lass.

twit, try growing up realising people want you dead for your dad's occupation.
Same here, although I'm Northern and live in the land of the butter pie. Living in forces accommodation for much of my childhood, I was all too aware of the risk of bombings, and lived in fear as both my parents worked in the barracks for a large part of that time.
She really is a prize prat.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
is there a grown up around to start a new thread? I can do it if we're desperate but it won't be concise

• Heart
Reactions: 21
@CabalofBolorneaise ohhh I see so I need to add pastry in there somewhere... yes definitely try it! You will never look back 😍
Noooo, I just googled proper butter pie and it has onions in it! I wonder what would do in their place à la Jack. Apples are round, they’ll do.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Is making innane lists an autistic trait? Genuine question. * No offence meant*

Reactions: 12

new thread what I done

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.