Jack Monroe #154 The book has furloughed itself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Infrequant poster here and usually dip in and out (she’s not good for my MH). However, just wanted to muse on the point of her being a “former sex worker”. If this is true, would she not have been very well off financially? Because of my former job (🔺), I know that those (without addictions) made incredible amounts of money and were able to save and buy their forever homes, fancy cars etc. Where in the 9 months of poverty could she have been a sex worker? And if so, why did she still need to claim benefits? Outside of the poverty timeline why would she have been a sex worker?
She claims to have been a sex worker in 2013 - after her big break, proper jobs at her local paper and the Guardian and tonnes of other media work. She also claims to have been a sex worker before she got pregnant, which she says caused an abusive girlfriend to later bully her for.

Another thing is that sex work is legal work, that is taxable. If she was doing this during The Poverty then she should have been declaring it.

You're right, as an attractive young woman without addictions (she claims the she wasn't alcoholic during The Poverty because she couldn't afford it! As if that ever stopped anyone else with an actual addiction. I digress...) she would have been in high demand and potentially earned a small fortune.

I think she's lying and just wants to give out the image of desperation. Her "poverty" was entirely a lifestyle choice, and she has a low tolerance for suffering, so I don't think she could have hacked sex work at all.

Reactions: 47
Infrequant poster here and usually dip in and out (she’s not good for my MH). However, just wanted to muse on the point of her being a “former sex worker”. If this is true, would she not have been very well off financially? Because of my former job (🔺), I know that those (without addictions) made incredible amounts of money and were able to save and buy their forever homes, fancy cars etc. Where in the 9 months of poverty could she have been a sex worker? And if so, why did she still need to claim benefits? Outside of the poverty timeline why would she have been a sex worker?
I think she only did it a few times from what she said. And it was when she was working before she got pregnant.
ETA - I’m scared of Mandy!!??

Reactions: 20
Ooooooft! This whole day...really?

Reaction to fillers, sorry, Sizzl'n Pringles?
BTW who eats such things when they have ouchy mouth, jaw, teeth?

Sensible note: I get hot, itchy, red patches on my face if I consume anything containing MSG.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I had a few pages to catch up. It was fun watching the transition from 'oh tech troubles! she forgot to get sick on deadline day' to the ouchy face pictures.

From the last thread- my communter friends from home (100 miles from London) talk about going to Town instead of to London and I feel highly embarassed when they do it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I had a few pages to catch up. It was fun watching the transition from 'oh tech troubles! she forgot to get sick on deadline day' to the ouchy face pictures.

From the last thread- my communter friends from home (100 miles from London) talk about going to Town instead of to London and I feel highly embarassed when they do it.
When I lived in zone 3 east I called it going into town, and that was because it less cringe than the standard “going up west” that locals say, made me feel like an Eastenders extra.

Pre deadline Jaccidents are the best. Hi Jack, how come you always get injuries on your face???

• Haha
Ooooooft! This whole day...really?

Reaction to fillers, sorry, Sizzl'n Pringles?
BTW who eats such things when they have ouchy mouth, jaw, teeth?

Sensible note: I get hot, itchy, red patches on my face if I consume anything containing MSG.
And doesn’t she have a container full of msg? I’m sure I remember seeing her post about it last year. Awful stuff; if you need that to add flavour to your cooking, you’re doing something wrong.

Reactions: 28
If she claims shingles then she must be reading the F&D thread to boot the absolute ghoul, her rash doesn’t look like it at all, but she’ll be able to claim up to 4 weeks of illness if she misses the treatment window (like I did, because I’m BUSY neglecting myself with a baby not BUSY spray painting death trap tins).

She really doesn’t wanna do this book does she? Surely if you’re pulling sixth form level stunts to get out of your forth hand in you’d just admit book writing isn’t for you / let’s just call it a day?

• Heart
Reactions: 67
I’m betting either the expired makeup or homemade bubble bath. Should we start a sweep?
Nah, that would mean she would have some responsibility for it. I think she'd prefer to blame it on something else

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Morning, Jack!

Do let us know if you manage to struggle up taaahn for work today, you brave little soldier! xoxo

1613974535755.png

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I'm wondering how many people start muting her with the neverending stream of whine. Before my Road to Damascus moment (i.e. when I realised she's a proper grifter) and when I still gave her some credit I could not cope with all the nonsense/drama and had to mute her.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Book deadline approaching? 100+ pieces of paper with ramblings getting you down? Patron mailings not going out in time? Shredding empty envelopes for rabbit bedding not thrilling you as it has before!!
NEVER FEAR you can cause DISTRACTION from all of these by using my homemade bath salts which can cause misplaced sympathy

JUST GO TO THE DR LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

• Haha
It’s all fake. The tech, the bite/spot. All made up / enhanced so she can use it for a dramatic “but I got the book submitted in the face of extreme adversity and, needless to say, I had the last laugh” intro.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I'm wondering how many people start muting her with the neverending stream of whine. Before my Road to Damascus moment (i.e. when I realised she's a proper grifter) and when I still gave her some credit I could not cope with all the nonsense/drama and had to mute her.
this is why her followers numbers remain so high despite the blatant lies/grift evidence — if you (understandably) mute this cringe-inducing. attention-seeking drama tit, instead of unfollowing as you really should, you don’t get the subsequent inconsistencies and lies.

And so Jack continues to claim hundreds of thousands of followers for future collabs with companies unprepared to carry out due diligence, and the inconceivable cycle begins again, over and over, until actual engagement vs follower figures are finally analysed...

what a manipulative cock (Jack, not you @bladiesla x)

Maybe 2021 will be the year social media financial/attention vampires are overturned, as a wise Frau wished for in a previous thread!

• Heart
Reactions: 50
It’s all fake. The tech, the bite/spot. All made up / enhanced so she can use it for a dramatic “but I got the book submitted in the face of extreme adversity and, needless to say, I had the last laugh” intro.
Yessssss. She is always struggling, always. Did she get the (non existent) tech issues sorted? Who the duck knows, she only offers up the info of the struggle, never the solution.

Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.