Jack Monroe #154 The book has furloughed itself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just re-read the legendary Thread 31 for old times' sake, and my god, I wish I'd been here for the moment Jack joined in. History in the making, really :')
Funnily enough I have done the same this morning. I Saw it mentioned on the last thread (or maybe the one before), it made my Monday.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
The ‘not bothering the GP/not wanting to burden them’ is just a part of her martyrdom and wanting further ‘likes’ for being so considerate etc. Yet happily took up a bed/wasted time in A&E for a literally made up ouchy eye :rolleyes:.

She shouldn’t be encouraging a narrative of ‘bothering a GP’ - if there is a genuine reason to go people should still be speaking with/having appointments with their GPs. It makes me think of two brothers featured on the news pre Christmas who caught Covid-19, felt awful with it but didn’t want to bother anyone so stayed home instead of seeking help. One brother then woke to find the other had passed in his sleep. His message (and that of a Dr interviewed), that he was desperately trying to spread was don’t think you’re bothering anyone if you’re genuinely unwell etc.

She’s such an attention seeking twunt.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
Infrequant poster here and usually dip in and out (she’s not good for my MH). However, just wanted to muse on the point of her being a “former sex worker”. If this is true, would she not have been very well off financially? Because of my former job (🔺), I know that those (without addictions) made incredible amounts of money and were able to save and buy their forever homes, fancy cars etc. Where in the 9 months of poverty could she have been a sex worker? And if so, why did she still need to claim benefits? Outside of the poverty timeline why would she have been a sex worker?
Great point. There is a tiktokker who makes an absolute killing from her Only Fans account - around £80k a month usually.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
Our sisters in grift on the Sarah A thread reckon it’s the cheap necklace that’s given Jack her rash. I long for days of such innocence, sadly we are seasoned pros now and know it could be anything from a bit of Urban Decay to her finally getting botulism from her concoctions 😫
I respect their logic but it’s far more likely to be an unattended fire blanket dinonap. 😂

Great point. There is a tiktokker who makes an absolute killing from her Only Fans account - around £80k a month usually.
Is she the one who recently bought a house in cash? Jack take note 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 26
‘Hepeating’...I’m thinking of Eamonn repeating ‘salmon paste??’ in an incredulously disgusted tone.

There’s not much chance I’d get away with that round here...on the odd occasion I’ve done it, I’ve been met with a stare that could melt metal by the eldest, and a ‘that’s another slab in Billy’s patio’ from the wife 😳😬

• Haha
Reactions: 40
The term cancel culture is quite hollow as well. Mel Gibson has been 'cancelled' on many occasions and still gets funds to make movies. So much for being cancelled. Some quickly cry about being cancelled when they are just being held accountable for their actions.

This isn't that new either I think, 10 years ago the term was 'calling out' more than 'cancelling'.

In reality we often still have to deal with those who've wronged us and those we've wronged, and that's just messy. Life is very messy, and even more so when there is a large imbalance of power and dependencies.

Which is not a plea for blind forgiveness or #bekind at all. Au contraire (how often don't we see JM weaponising #bekind?). I guess what I'm trying to say is that both 'cancel culture' and the outcries about it gives us no guide at all about how to properly reconcile and how to do justice to a situation and make things better.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
The ‘not bothering the GP/not wanting to burden them’ is just a part of her martyrdom and wanting further ‘likes’ for being so considerate etc. Yet happily took up a bed/wasted time in A&E for a literally made up ouchy eye :rolleyes:.

She shouldn’t be encouraging a narrative of ‘bothering a GP’ - if there is a genuine reason to go people should still be speaking with/having appointments with their GPs. It makes me think of two brothers featured on the news pre Christmas who caught Covid-19, felt awful with it but didn’t want to bother anyone so stayed home instead of seeking help. One brother then woke to find the other had passed in his sleep. His message (and that of a Dr interviewed), that he was desperately trying to spread was don’t think you’re bothering anyone if you’re genuinely unwell etc.

She’s such an attention seeking twunt.
This is the thing people like Jack don’t get. The “don’t bother the GP” message is nothing but performative nonsense to her and other time wasters like her, while the people who internalise it and actually act are people who would never have gone with a small rash/broken nail and it means they don’t seek help when they genuinely desperately need it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Is she the one who recently bought a house in cash? Jack take note 😆
YES! I am a bit obsessed with her! What a way to make a living. I'd do it if I thought I'd earn more than NMW, but its quite unlikely folk would pay good money to see my tuppence! 😂 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
YES! I am a bit obsessed with her! What a way to make a living. I'd do it if I thought I'd earn more than NMW, but its quite unlikely folk would pay good money to see my tuppence! 😂 😂
Honestly same, but there's always a catch (especially when the Internet is involved...)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I don't understand the rules of who gets cancelled vs who doesn't... Chris Brown punches Rhianna in the face. Still making records, still winning awards.

Mel Gibson says antisemtic things and his career is all but over.

In the rap world being violent and misogynistic is not only acceptable it is applauded. It's disgusting. And yes of course being anti semitic is awful, but is saying something worse than actually doing something physical?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
She was triaged away from a GP / medical services, it’s ridiculous she rang 111. I rang last week (I knew I had shingles and the NHS site tells you to call if that’s the case) and even though I had 3 positive questions felt ridiculous as they’re clearly for actual emergencies - eg have you been bleeding for more than 2 hours, difficulty breathing, impaired vision. To ring 111 for just a skin ailment is wild.

Naturally the pharmacy will tell her to go to A&E with it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
From a Facebook group I’m in about feeding yourself on a budget. Truth be told I joined the group in all seriousness to look for tips but there’s a lot of bollock sausages and stuff like this ... people fawning over Peach and chickpea slurry.

I like how “quite a celebrity” sounds like an insult. Said with a little straightening of a blouse and that tiny cough middle class middle aged women do when they decide something is out of their comfort zone.
Ugh, that photo reminds me of when you clean out your dishwasher filter because it's full of little bits of food debris.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
She forgets/doesn’t care that she holds a public platform and that she has people who hang on to her words and emulate her. Its a pet peeve of mine when people with influence talk about “not bothering” the NHS. The whole point is that people, ESPECIALLY those with long term conditions (looking at you, wheelchair emoji) have continuity of support in general practice. Don’t suggest that people shouldn’t contact the GP because they are some sort of burden. Urgh.
Also, she’s such a hypocrite. She didn’t mind bothering the NHS when she had that (fake) black eye.

Reactions: 40
There was a time few years ago where my life seemed to be one 'chaos' after another.. two people who were very close to me died within weeks of each other, I went through a bad breakup and developed a painful skin infection (in hindsight probably due to grief/stress causing low immunity). At the same time I had just started a new job.. I was really conscious that my new employer would start thinking of me as someone whose life was full of drama and chaos so carried on with work and kept my personal life separate as much as I could. In fact work was a welcome distraction to everything else that was going on. After her break up, multiple illnesses, financial difficulties, butter rationing etc. you would think Jack would welcome the book writing opportunity as an outlet, something to distract her from her problems, something she could own and be proud of. I know the last thing on my mind at that time of my own personal chaos would have been to post about everything that was going on on social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Well she is well enough to post arse lickey messages on Nadiyas IG because N has a deal with Next ,I bet her teeth were so gritted as she typed she's gonna need to be blue lighted to Saaaarfend General 🚙

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I don't understand the rules of who gets cancelled vs who doesn't... Chris Brown punches Rhianna in the face. Still making records, still winning awards.

Mel Gibson says antisemtic things and his career is all but over.

In the rap world being violent and misogynistic is not only acceptable it is applauded. It's disgusting. And yes of course being anti semitic is awful, but is saying something worse than actually doing something physical?
He was also violent and misogynistic. But only to women, so that doesn't count, apparently.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
There was a time few years ago where my life seemed to be one 'chaos' after another.. two people who were very close to me died within weeks of each other, I went through a bad breakup and developed a painful skin infection (in hindsight probably due to grief/stress causing low immunity). At the same time I had just started a new job.. I was really conscious that my new employer would start thinking of me as someone whose life was full of drama and chaos so carried on with work and kept my personal life separate as much as I could. In fact work was a welcome distraction to everything else that was going on. After her break up, multiple illnesses, financial difficulties, butter rationing etc. you would think Jack would welcome the book writing opportunity as an outlet, something to distract her from her problems, something she could own and be proud of. I know the last thing on my mind at that time of my own personal chaos would have been to post about everything that was going on on social media.
It's annoying that the people with the least 'real' drama in their lives are the ones who overshare and ruin things for people who are actually suffering through personal difficulties.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Assuming it's real (which I am not), it's a rash. My mum is quite allergic to life in general so gets a lot of painful face rashes. I have never known her make a fuss about them. Because it's a rash.

Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.