Jack Monroe #149 How dare you defile our oats?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @hollowhusk for the sentiments and @Sideboard Bob for the nomination for thread title! šŸŽ‰ Your joint prize: you get to be brand ambassadors for BĆ©cheval. Mmm, so creamy, it must be horse.

Recap of last thread

1. She appears to have been as sloppy as her food and MAY have identified herself as a vegan new to Instagram.
  2. The pineapple full of tampons is now a pineapple full of sweets. What larks! Which led to a thrilling poll about sweets.
  3. Woman in Southend takes photo of bare feet in snow. You donā€™t think the cold is good for arthritis? Sheesh, get a life.
  4. 90 % vegan jack likes vegan milk.
  5. There was a brief era of Bridge Jack.
  6. She made her own slow cooker bubblebath and looked pretty excited about it. Shame about her ā€˜swollen jawā€™.
  7. Bunny and the shredded Doom Pile.
  8. She had a chat with Owen Jones in a very fancy jumper. It was a gift.
  9. New to Jack? Check out the wiki at the top of the page!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 95
Re the doom pile, why does everyday housekeeping have to be loaded with such significance?
I turfed out some old paperwork the other week. Some of it was dated at a time where things werenā€™t that great. I didnā€™t attribute any poignancy to it nor did I feel triggered to the point of seeking attention on social media.
I just chucked it out.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
As just mentioned in previous thread, if she was genuinely high risk she would probably have been offered the vaccine by now.

Iā€™m in London and have had my first one weeks ago, friends in and around Southend with clinically vulnerable family members have said theyā€™ve had them.

As far as I understand it, nobody who is genuinely clinically vulnerable is still waiting for their first dose. Not in the South East of England, to my knowledge.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
"I've got a nice house, nice jumper, but I rent this house and I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm not dirt poor like living out of foodbanks"

You're not poor by any definition you bleeping charlatan. If you're still struggling even after multiple brand partnerships with household names, articles in national papers and magazines, a BBC presenting gig, royalties from 6 books, advances from books you're supposed to have finished but haven't, speaking slots at numerous seminars and events, affiliate links to Amazon, revenue from your ad-filled website, at least Ā£1,500 a month from Patreon, and all the tip jar donations we don't hear about, you're just tit with money and living well beyond your means. But we already knew that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 105
Honestly, the sheep jumper has sent me over the edge. Unfathomable to me that she can sit there bleating (šŸ˜‰) on about poverty and how SHE RENTS whilst she's sat there in Diana's frigging jumper. She doesn't even do the povvo cosplay well, that's what annoys me so much. At least dress in some cheap clothes and don't have all your tech on show.

Demand for that jumper sky rocketed after Emma Corrin wore it in the last series of The Crown. Which I think was released in November right? She did well to get hold of one as a Christmas gift because I remember reading an article from the manufacturers in the run up to Christmas saying that they were sold out and they were now making them available by preorder. Just checked and it's still the case. It's like a six week lead time.

I don't think she'll ever get called out properly. šŸ˜¢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
"I've got a nice house, nice jumper, but I rent this house and I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm not dirt poor like living out of foodbanks"

You're not poor by any definition you bleeping charlatan. If you're still struggling even after multiple brand partnerships with household names, articles in national papers and magazines, a BBC presenting gig, royalties from 6 books, advances from books you're supposed to have finished but haven't, speaking slots at numerous seminars and events, affiliate links to Amazon, revenue from your ad-filled website, at least Ā£1,500 a month from Patreon, and all the tip jar donations we don't hear about, you're just tit with money and living well beyond your means. But we already knew that.
But she compares herself to the likes of Mom Nigella, Allegra, Janet Street Porter, Mary Portas and all the people she rubbed shoulders with at the Groucho.

Reactions: 45
It's interesting to read all this heat that Gina Carano has been getting for her Tweets. I understand she said a lot of controversial things, but the one she seems to have got fired for was comparing the treatment of Jews in the Holocaust to the way people can be cancelled/vilified for their opinions online. Wasn't our Jack making similar controversial comments a couple of weeks ago? Comparing Tory to Nazi policy, and yet she doesn't seem to have recieved any backlash for that. I know JM is just a blip on the media landscape, but it annoys me that she has gotten away with saying that stupid tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
As just mentioned in previous thread, if she was genuinely high risk she would probably have been offered the vaccine by now.

Iā€™m in London and have had my first one weeks ago, friends in and around Southend with clinically vulnerable family members have said theyā€™ve had them.

As far as I understand it, nobody who is genuinely clinically vulnerable is still waiting for their first dose. Not in the South East of England, to my knowledge.
Spot on. We have almost finished 1 - 4 now, even people who are just over 70 have almost all been done. There's no way she's on any lists, tbh I'm surprised we weren't treated to her opinions on the shielding food boxes early on in L1.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
If the Diana jumper is a replica/fake wouldn't the manufacturer of the original like to know where she's buying the knock off tit?

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I dislike her language.

I would never use the expression "dirt poor" in this context, or ever really. I've never been poor but my grandparents were and by God was their house spotless. Gran even said at one point I think that no matter how poor you are you can clean/wash.

Plus her use of "feral" when talking about the children her parents fostered makes no sense when she talks about her fear of having SB taken.
If those kids were "feral" in terms of desperate behaviour like looking in bins for food then she'll know that social services only intervene in truly dire situations. It makes no sense.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
Babes you've never been dirt poor. You were just a middle class girl with no idea how to manage your money. Nothing has changed you've just got more money to mismanage and a bigger platform.

I think I will take advice about living frugally from someone who doesn't have to lock away their debit card meant for kids, THANKS.

Enjoy your soapy rinsed beans tonight.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 108
Congratulations to @hollowhusk for the sentiments and @Sideboard Bob for the nomination for thread title! šŸŽ‰ Your joint prize: you get to be brand ambassadors for BĆ©cheval. Mmm, so creamy, it must be horse.

Recap of last thread

1. She appears to have been as sloppy as her food and MAY have identified herself as a vegan new to Instagram.
  2. The pineapple full of tampons is now a pineapple full of sweets. What larks! Which led to a thrilling poll about sweets.
  3. Woman in Southend takes photo of bare feet in snow. You donā€™t think the cold is good for arthritis? Sheesh, get a life.
  4. 90 % vegan jack likes vegan milk.
  5. There was a brief era of Bridge Jack.
  6. She made her own slow cooker bubblebath and looked pretty excited about it. Shame about her ā€˜swollen jawā€™.
  7. Bunny and the shredded Doom Pile.
  8. She had a chat with Owen Jones in a very fancy jumper. It was a gift.
  9. New to Jack? Check out the wiki at the top of the page!
Lovely recap.
Also, I hadn't looked at the Wiki in yonks so I took a stroll through.
My goodness we've been through a lot in the last year haven't we?

• Heart
that bleeping sloane ranger Anne Diamond jumper ha ha ha ha I can't stop laughing at how lame she looks. Shame she wasn't 'gifted' it in time for her daily express column

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

Southend and have had my 1st vaccination.

• Heart
Rick Stein is on BBC at the moment catching Red Mullet and I'm sad for the Freezer Fish all over again.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Honestly, the sheep jumper has sent me over the edge. Unfathomable to me that she can sit there bleating (šŸ˜‰) on about poverty and how SHE RENTS whilst she's sat there in Diana's frigging jumper. She doesn't even do the povvo cosplay well, that's what annoys me so much. At least dress in some cheap clothes and don't have all your tech on show.

Demand for that jumper sky rocketed after Emma Corrin wore it in the last series of The Crown. Which I think was released in November right? She did well to get hold of one as a Christmas gift because I remember reading an article from the manufacturers in the run up to Christmas saying that they were sold out and they were now making them available by preorder. Just checked and it's still the case. It's like a six week lead time.

Oh but she will my lovely, she will.
It may take time, but it will happen.
She will either disappear into the ether and try and pop up trying to be relevant and get ignored or go out with an almighty bang.
She will lie about the wrong thing and someone with much more clout will pop the bubble.
She just doesn't understand that the more exposure she gets the more she is, well, exposed.
Also, I give it 2-5 years before SB finally has enough and cuts her off completely.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
It's interesting to read all this heat that Gina Carano has been getting for her Tweets. I understand she said a lot of controversial things, but the one she seems to have got fired for was comparing the treatment of Jews in the Holocaust to the way people can be cancelled/vilified for their opinions online. Wasn't our Jack making similar controversial comments a couple of weeks ago? Comparing Tory to Nazi policy, and yet she doesn't seem to have recieved any backlash for that. I know JM is just a blip on the media landscape, but it annoys me that she has gotten away with saying that stupid tit.
Oh yesssss I thought this when I was reading about her! Sheā€™s lost everything because of her idiotic SM ramblings about Nazis. Jack... simply deletes and moves on!

• Sad
Reactions: 36

couldn't she simply choose to not wear the Ā£250 Royal sheep jumper during her podcast about poverty???? just a thought #BlurstHacks

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
I love the narrative Jack choses to put out that she has voluntarily stepped back from TV work.
In her list of amazing jobs coming her way, wasn't 'in talks for more work with This Morning' near the top?
(She ties herself in knots though. She still wants to present as poor and losing work due to covid, but if it is suggested she is unemployable she has to prove how many job offers she has, but therefore surely isn't poor).

• Haha
Reactions: 51
If the Diana jumper is a replica/fake wouldn't the manufacturer of the original like to know where she's buying the knock off tit?
I thought that, too. If itā€™s a rip off of someoneā€™s intellectual property, isnā€™t that distinctly uncool? Sheā€™s very concerned about potential niche stealers, and her ā€œlifeā€™s workā€. Well, how about the people who designed that Ā£250 jumper that youā€™re pretending you got as some kind of a cheap knock off? The people working in the factories who make this stuff? Anything to say about that, Jack?

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.