Jack Monroe #148 Ya prune

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lovely to hear everyone's origin stories. The cabal has really kept me sane over the last year...we have such a variety of people with different backgrounds and areas of knowledge*, this is such a nice place to chat tit and mourn dead birds.

Hmm - this disclaimer seems to have been added after the initial post, no? I don't remember it at the time (Xmas feast/no sense of taste era):

View attachment 432792

*unlike R Jackie who is an expert on absolutely everything from James Bond to vegan cheese
*From* 27p? Is that 27p for the budget mandarins and £1.27 for Mel Donte ‘I genuinely love them’ mandarins?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Name checking Del Monte because she ‘genuinely really loves them’. Also - they pay her. ‘In the interests of transparency’ - my arse! It’s an ad.

She’s supposed to be a budget cook yet uses a premium brand (freebies).

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
27k viggle is my hero. I hope she contacts Laura Waddell of the Scotsman (not on a weekend though)

• Haha
  • Heart
Baked beans on toast was my dinner tonight. Yellow sticker bread, bit of cheese 😁 Recipe to follow 😉
Can you ping it to me please Babes?

oh wow.
Apparently Jack invented the hot toddy.
She truly is a maverick.
They used to tell you to drink that at slimming clubs in the 60s, apart from the bloody black pepper

I'm going to look for some of these for my mum. Purchase will depend on price. (don't tell her that!) she also has osteo so might like to try these. You're an influencer now!

Good morning ninnies! As a verified Scottish Person, we know oats. I like baked oats. But Jack's, once again, manage to look simultaneously claggy underneath and greasy on top. Friday thoughts.
Have a search for the ones that look like there's a placenta on them. Truly horrifying

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
I have been lurking for a long time. I've not posted because I want to change my username but I just don't know how 😭

Brought to tattle through MOD or Philip Schofield but can't remember which was the first. I was browsing and fell upon the Jack thread. The more I read, the more invested I became. Not just because of the chaos and lies, but because I can't wait to read the hilarious comments about the chaos and lies.

I have so many questions about narcissism and illnesses and really want to hear people's opinions. I've just been waiting for the right time (and username).

Thanks for listening.
Yours Truly
Smol Pixie
From the Ickle Smol Pixie Tribe.
Name changes can be done by mods, but only on the solstice, so you have just missed one. If you have a low amount of posts, delete and create a new one.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Just dropping in to thank whoever it was who told us about the ginger cake/double cream/mandarin orange combo. I made this and it went down a treat 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 34
As a Salford resident @MancBee (🔺) who walks the dog round around the Quays (and around Media City some evenings), there is no way if she was staying at Media City she would walk up that way and over that bridge at night. If she found the 'youths' at Glasto that intimidating she required a stab vest then the idea of her walking by a few Salford scallys in the dead of night is laughable. There are 2 other really lovely walkway bridges nearby (not red) and she probably just assumes he is on one of them without thinking or checking just elbowing something in that centres her when wrong as per usual!!
Lovely to know that there's at least one other person in Salford that isn't taken in by her. I was born and brought up in Ordsall, lived loads of places around the world, but always end up back here. The area is changing by the week, and is nowhere near as dangerous as it was in the 70's and 80's. The apartments they are building have very different type of occupier. But there's still an undercurrent that is menacing, especially the gang culture. You are right, Jack would be scared shitless if they even looked at her.

I agree that the other bridges from Media City, over to IWMN, then the one back to the Lowry would be the most logical route for someone needing a safe walk in the evening. She just has to say, seen it, done it, been on it, or planning to do it, about everything. She is such a know it all.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
It's the small bullshits that irritate me the most. OF COURSE she saw the pic of the forth bridge toilet yesterday. Did she really think nobody would put two and two together? Did she really think everyone would just swallow it as something so random her little smol pixie maverick brain came up with? Just coincidentally is doing a deep dive into the forth bridge the day after a pic of it went viral. I mean COME ON. SHE DENIED SEEING THE PIC. bleeping hell. No original thoughts in her bleeping head.

• Haha
  • Heart
Possible thread title: Jack Monroe: tanks, bridges and ultra expensive fridges. Get out of our niches

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.