Jack Monroe #149 How dare you defile our oats?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love the narrative Jack choses to put out that she has voluntarily stepped back from TV work.
In her list of amazing jobs coming her way, wasn't 'in talks for more work with This Morning' near the top?
(She ties herself in knots though. She still wants to present as poor and losing work due to covid, but if it is suggested she is unemployable she has to prove how many job offers she has, but therefore surely isn't poor).
You can't step back from something you haven't been offered in the first place desperado 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Honestly, the sheep jumper has sent me over the edge. Unfathomable to me that she can sit there bleating (😉) on about poverty and how SHE RENTS whilst she's sat there in Diana's frigging jumper. She doesn't even do the povvo cosplay well, that's what annoys me so much. At least dress in some cheap clothes and don't have all your tech on show.

Demand for that jumper sky rocketed after Emma Corrin wore it in the last series of The Crown. Which I think was released in November right? She did well to get hold of one as a Christmas gift because I remember reading an article from the manufacturers in the run up to Christmas saying that they were sold out and they were now making them available by preorder. Just checked and it's still the case. It's like a six week lead time.

The more I see it, the more I like it! 😂😂😂

*wonders which of my pals can knit...(I’d commission all black sheep with one white, just to be different!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
So she’s so obsessed with Diana (which I’m sure she’s said in the past though I’m receiptless) she’s wearing a jumper that may be the same or a knock off of one Diana wore? Over 20 years later?

Even by Jack standards, that’s extremely odd.

Reactions: 31
It is very very strange to plead poverty wearing a £250 jumper. I have never owned a piece of clothing worth that much. Even my wedding dress cost less than that (almost a child bride in the 1990s? completed it mate)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
It is very very strange to plead poverty wearing a £250 jumper. I have never owned a piece of clothing worth that much. Even my wedding dress cost less than that (almost a child bride in the 1990s? completed it mate)
Right?! And for a dowdy old jumper of all things! I wouldn't even spend that much on a coat or a pair of shoes but at least then you could justify that you get a lot of wear out of them.

Reactions: 39
Do you think she might be working towards a Royal collab of some description? Like a Hal/Megs compassion project? Or a Zoom chat with Kate’n’Wills? Just wondering- pure speculation, for the record.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Do you think she might be working towards a Royal collab of some description? Like a Hal/Megs compassion project? Or a Zoom chat with Kate’n’Wills? Just wondering- pure speculation, for the record.
She might be working towards it, I doubt she'll ever get it.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
🤣 I wonder what powerful people she's supposed to know? The Illuminati or the person in charge of yellow stickers in ASDA Southend?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
If I could easily afford it (she can) I would spend £250 on a NICE jumper. So few of us with white as mayo skin can pull off red.

Reactions: 27
As just mentioned in previous thread, if she was genuinely high risk she would probably have been offered the vaccine by now.

I’m in London and have had my first one weeks ago, friends in and around Southend with clinically vulnerable family members have said they’ve had them.

As far as I understand it, nobody who is genuinely clinically vulnerable is still waiting for their first dose. Not in the South East of England, to my knowledge.
My mum has got Rheumatoid Arthritis which means she’s genuinely immunosuppressed and had the vaccine 2 weeks ago. If Jackie was a genuine case, she’d have been offered it by now.

• Heart
Incensed by Jack suggesting that people on a budget cheer themselves up with Del Monte, I bought some of it determined to find out that she was a plonker. She may well be a plonker (speculation, obvs 😁) however Del Monte mandarins are plumper, if thats important to you, and the juice tastes nicer that the value brand I bought. I still wouldn't pay nearly twice as much for it, and I may lead a quiet life but if I were to be looking for something to cheer myself up, Del Monte fruit wouldn't be it. I got a bit carried away and bought the prunes as well, and the peaches. Same story with the prunes, and will not be surprised to find the same with the peaches. I am not sure I have the stamina to make the peach curry, but I refuse to believe there is still a quality difference once tinned fruit has been through one of Jacks 'recipes'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
From the previous thread, a quote from the OJ interview:

"As much as I'd like to go jollying off to the mountains in Cyprus to find my ancestors and run around with goats and write a beautiful hardback cookbook [I'll keep going]"

Is that a dig at Nadiya Hussein and her TV programme where she visited her parents' village in Bangladesh and explored her (actual, not several generations away) culinary heritage? Pretty low if it is!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 77

"As much as I'd like to go jollying off to the mountains in Cyprus to find my ancestors and run around with goats and write a beautiful hardback cookbook [I'll keep going]"

Is that a dig at Nadiya Hussein and her TV programme where she visited her parents' village in Bangladesh and explored her (actual, not several generations away) culinary heritage? Pretty low if it is!
Interesting thing about Nadiya I hadn't realised, extreme anxiety issues. There's a great programme on her tackling it where she comes across as everything that's been mentioned and more.

Huge contrast to Mackie's "anxiety" cosplay and probably another thing that rinses her beans about N's success!

• Heart

I took it as her saying - Please, someone, give me a contract to write this book. I did not know about the Nadiya Husssein program, was it good?

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Interesting thing about Nadiya I hadn't realised, extreme anxiety issues. There's a great programme on her tackling it where she comes across as everything that's been mentioned and more.

Huge contrast to Mackie's "anxiety" cosplay and probably another thing that rinses her beans about N's success!
I love Nadiya, she is just so likeable. Her enthusiasm is so endearing.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
So she’s so obsessed with Diana (which I’m sure she’s said in the past though I’m receiptless) she’s wearing a jumper that may be the same or a knock off of one Diana wore? Over 20 years later?

Even by Jack standards, that’s extremely odd.
Long may it continue I say! Maybe next time she’s interviewed she’ll be wearing a replica of Princess Diana’s wedding dress, 25 foot long train and all.

Why does it look exactly like Charles is saying “who dat?”?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.