Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just refreshed the page two times and tried a different browser because I didn't believe a thread started two days ago was still the most recent.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Del Monte have obviously given her a firm prod. But instead of actually doing a recipe, sheā€™s posted this - which is just buying for time. (Or ā€œgiving the illusion of activityā€ as an old boss of mine used to say when we were late with something and sent out a little holding email to the client).

View attachment 406245

Jack talking about DKL took me back to the horse spunk lasagne and Matt's face on taking a bite (except he managed to wrangle out of it by talking and thus putting the fork down) šŸ˜†
He looks like someone in a hostage video desperately trying to send a message with his eyes.
Poor Matt. šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Oh i'm sorry but this time she is really grating on my last nerve with this tweet!

Screenshot_20210127-235908.jpg

Crushing self doubt and extreme social awkwardness indeed!!

That never stopped

Nikola Tesla
Henry cavendish
Immanuel kant
Possibly Sir Isaac newton
or even Albert einstein
Also Temple grandin
Dr camilla pang
Lewis carrol
Courtney love
Chris peckham
Dan aykroyd
Hans christian andersen
Paddy considine
Daryl hannah
Chris fischer (an actual chef jack?
Jeremiah josey (yes another chef)
Tim burton

(These are just the one's that i remember off the top of my head! The tip of the iceberg then!)

People who on the whole did not let being non neurotypical define or limit them but instead used their capabilities to enrich mankind and further human knowledge ?
Some of them working in pretty stressful enviroments for example being chef's or working in front of a camera for example acting?

Didn't stop them did it Jack?
From what i recall i have no memory of any of them constantly complaining about it either or feeling hard done by?

Yes Jack i do know what it feels like as well to be socially awkward and not very self aware?
Still the fact that you constantly draw attention to that fact just makes it worse!
(furthers self consciousness?)
Plus i'm sorry but it comes off as not very professional? (So how are autistic/adhd people supposed to be taken seriously if you make it look like they can't get their tit together and have to over explain and over share to compensate?

Sorry but as the mother of 2 boys on the spectrum as well as myself she has touched a raw nerve!

I'll just leave the last word to the fantastic human being that is Dr temple grandin.

Thanks for reading.

Screenshot_20210128-004906.jpg

I would add to that as well mainstream education healthcare social work politics the media actually society in general?

Screenshot_20210128-005916.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
I've never known any food bloggers make sooo much of a drama about what they do. They produce much nicer food too!
There's a chap I follow on Twitter who posts about all sorts of things but from time time will take some pictures and put a recipe. He's not a chef, a food writer or even a food blogger. Literally everything he makes looks decent and is easy to follow. None of it is accompanied by wailing about how hard his life is.Jack could learn a lot from his approach.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I love that! Me too, scottish Gaelic. & also a big fan of Sideshow/board Bob . I'm married to a facsimile of Homer ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 22
How long ago? Are they aware makeup expires once opened (and even unopened?)

I was joking about the fermented makeup before, Jack.
She wouldnā€™t know sheā€™s non binary!
There gets to be a point where itā€™s not ā€˜sustainable/frugal/economicalā€™ itā€™s just cheap and nasty. That is the point where Jack is. I wonder if she has a homemade remedy for the eye infection sheā€™ll get from using old expired products.

Reactions: 17
Itā€™s classic NPD to give others tit or odd presents. I donā€™t doubt she would give someone else a milk bottle full of table salt and orange peel but I do doubt she uses it herself, her stuff must be the best- Penhaligons, Omega, Ocado, Air Max, Groucho.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Iā€™m confused by the quooker chat - did she say she was going to get one? In rented accommodation? Itā€™s ripping up your landlords kitchen and they donā€™t usually like that.

As for the expenses / tax return Iā€™m absolutely certain she has one of those companies that puts absolutely everything through the company to reduce a tax bill, make up, clothing, general tat, personal expenditure, food (as a food writer!!) and then gets an accountant who wonā€™t challenge them about it.

Reactions: 32
I do like how the vegans are not letting it lie over on Insta. The Linda McC people really should have responded properly, itā€™s not showing much respect for their supposedly valued customer base.
I saw their standard response on one of the earlier posts and it said something like ā€œJack is a meat reducer and well known for her budget mealsā€. It didnā€™t address the main specific concerns about Jack as a collaborator which are:
(1) Sheā€™s not a meat reducer, in fact she glories in the very cheapest, crappiest, lowest welfare meat. Her SM is an orgy of sausage and animal fat.
(2) Veganuary themselves dropped her as an ambassador due to her stance on meat. Not the fact that she eats meat, which they didnā€™t have an issue with in principle, but her particular stance on it. So for Linda McC to then use her to promote Veganuary is a colossal duck-up.
(3) Jack also canā€™t be bothered even to give the appearance of going vegan for January, for the sake of the Linda McC collab. As evidenced by her own SM (and her glee at ā€œsausage toffeeā€ šŸ¤¢ was a particular low point). So the campaign is effectively saying: try going vegan for a month, hereā€™s Jack to give you some recipes and tips, but sheā€™s not doing it herself because she canā€™t be arsed.
(4) The recipes themselves are pretty unappealing for a collab of this type. Any number of the very many vegan or meat reducer bloggers out there could have done a much better job.

Anyway, I canā€™t believe sheā€™s now done a video for them of that orzo and meatball thing. Part of her contract with them maybe? I hope the viggles persist, they are right to be pissed of.

TLDR: Donā€™t duck with vegans.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
With limited technical knowledge myself I have taught young teenagers how to produce, film, edit and embed their own YouTube videos into a website. Just saying...

Her recipes are basic at best and wouldnā€™t necessarily take long to prep and film. She also only has one ten year old child to care for, there are so many people on YouTube with access to technology that make decent videos. Then again maybe Jack should work on sending those postcards first.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.