Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In order to save for a 'forever home' (known as a house to everyone else) rather than doing this no spend year, why doesn't she just move from her massive 3 bedroom house with a huge garden, and seemingly endless number of rooms into a cheaper and smaller house, seeing as it is just her and SB there? A lot of people do this or even move in with family in order to save for a deposit. My cousin and his wife and baby moved back in with their parents in order to save. It wasn't ideal as there were basically 3 of them in a small room but in a few months they had managed to save a big chunk of their deposit. Any if these options would make more sense, seeing as the biggest chunk of most people's outgoings is rent. How much money would you have to be spending each month on crap that you didn't need in order for stopping spending to equal a house deposit?? I don't know why I am wasting time figuring this out- we all know the answer- (insert Jimmy Nail GIF).

• Heart
Reactions: 57
F9E750D8-3B14-4FF2-BAD5-E97787C05662.jpeg
Very much all of this. People complained to Veganuary about her actively promoting meat after she was named as an ambassador in the run up to Veganuary. I wish I could find the statement they put out now. She posted that she had gone to a restaurant renowned for its meat dishes and taken 'a life long vegetarian' along with her, tee hee. Also the quote that, like her lesbianism, there would always be exceptions to her veganism 'and it would always be worth it'.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Interesting that she's upgraded her self-diagnosis from ADHD to severe ADHD...

• Angry
Reactions: 50
Catching up, what a night Jack had. The kichen is revolting with all that car boot sale clutter. It's bonkers to put a post it on a bin- it will get dirty.

All terrible here. A relative very sick back in the UK with covid and massive complications- surgery today, and we obvioulsy can't go back. Our weekend starts at lunchtime on Thursday though so nearly there. Thank you all for being such a good distraction.
Lots of love to you waffle maker... I lived abroad until a few months ago 🔺️ so I understand the stress and worry of stuff going on at home and being thousands of miles away, with covid of course making travel so much more difficult.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Is that very filtered photo her new book covers photo. It's very erm.... Professional.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Her teeth/ mouth always look totally different on video and other people's photos than her photoshops don't they? I have an Iphone and I don't know what portrait mode it- my pictures don't look photoshopped, I'm baffled.

Reactions: 33
NGL I'm hoping this video of her making the orzo dish is yet another pathetic attempt to troll the viggles and burn bridges with vegan brands. Her recipe just says 'meatballs' so she might just be whacking in Asda smartprice bollocks and eyelids meatballs to own the libs 🥴. Here for the drama tbh.

• Haha
In order to save for a 'forever home' (known as a house to everyone else) rather than doing this no spend year, why doesn't she just move from her massive 3 bedroom house with a huge garden, and seemingly endless number of rooms into a cheaper and smaller house, seeing as it is just her and SB there? A lot of people do this or even move in with family in order to save for a deposit. My cousin and his wife and baby moved back in with their parents in order to save. It wasn't ideal as there were basically 3 of them in a small room but in a few months they had managed to save a big chunk of their deposit. Any if these options would make more sense, seeing as the biggest chunk of most people's outgoings is rent. How much money would you have to be spending each month on crap that you didn't need in order for stopping spending to equal a house deposit?? I don't know why I am wasting time figuring this out- we all know the answer- (insert Jimmy Nail GIF).
She was out and out asked this on Twitter but seemingly remaining in the same house was crucial for her sons stability as she felt he’d been moved around too much already.
Because hearing his mum wail and moan about RENTING and how extortionate it is (and at that point imply financial issues which require strictly budgeted £20 weekly shops, all since deleted) is apparently less harmful for him.
She doesn’t bloody get that when you’re poor, there’s no luxury of ‘downsizing’ or switching to cheaper things. Everything’s at the lowest cost it can be, but it’s still duck all.

• Heart
  • Haha
I think she thinks it makes her sound like she knows what she's doing. It's just a bit of foundation and mascara Jack hun
She is a master with makeup. Like everything in life that Jack does, after a couple of online tutorials she becomes an expert.

Who can doubt her makeup skills after her recreation of a black eye. No doubt they have got her on speed dial to advise the makeup artist working on Holby City.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Sorry but what the duck is this twee bollocks?

View attachment 406262

Who are these inanimate plastic receptacles talking to?!

Someone should get the vegan squigs onto the monetised partnership with Del Monte with the exploitation of workers and landgrabs in developing countries.
Might be to help SB sort rubbish. Might be performative bullshit - "look at me!!! I recycle!!"

Is the top food bin for a compost heap?

• Sick
Reactions: 24
Might be to help SB sort rubbish. Might be performative bullshit - "look at me!!! I recycle!!"

Is the top food bin for a compost heap?
I think so. I personally wouldn't have rotting food on my counter like that but each to their own 🥴

Can't wait for her to explain how potato peelings can be repurposed into a sentient mirrror.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Oh. there are as seen on 22-24 year old Korean YouTubers' aesthetic accounts-style pink enamelled pans. Look brand new, too.
I've got the pans in duck egg colour....mine are by Swan who also do them in pink. I bought mine last year and think they were a new product for Swan at the time. Jack's look the same in pink.

Reactions: 25
I don’t think she will organise music lessons for SB. The things she posts about him IMO make his seem a nuisance to her and an interference to her life. I wonder why she ever had him?
I is a sad situation for SB, good job her has a dad who seems genuinely interested in him.
She probably thought she would get a house and income

Does anyone keep getting adverts pop up between pages?

Stop trying to sell me Nike trainers that look like they're covered in poo please.
Interstitial ads have been enabled this week, ad rates are low and we're using more professional services after the tech issues recently that lost data. You'll at most get one an hour (although I'm seeing if this can be made longer) but you csn just click the big X at the top to close the ad easily:

1611746297467.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Just got a push notification from Wallapop that said "did you know you could have 500€ of stuff you don't use lying around?" I don't, but I know someone who does...

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Those kitchen photos are making me feel itchy. Wtf is she doing making a. Such a mess and b. Such a huge production of a short recipe video? There are people on tiktok who are producing quick, clear, informative recipe videos. They don't need a full studio setup to achieve it.

She's such a wanker!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Also the fact she's almost implying that a no spend year will allow her to save up for a deposit? That's very... Millennials and avocado isn't it? Seeing as even a 5% deposit (which is like gold dust at the moment) is in the six figures, especially in the South where you know she won't be satisfied with a 2 bed flat...

To actually make a tangible impact into saving for a large deposit that either implies she's earning a fortune or spending a fortune on shite. Or both...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.