Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Catching up, what a night Jack had. The kichen is revolting with all that car boot sale clutter. It's bonkers to put a post it on a bin- it will get dirty.

All terrible here. A relative very sick back in the UK with covid and massive complications- surgery today, and we obvioulsy can't go back. Our weekend starts at lunchtime on Thursday though so nearly there. Thank you all for being such a good distraction.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 77
Has she never heard of YouTube? I don’t get this carry on, there are literal kids making content on iPhones and go pros, you can buy reasonable mics as audio isn’t always the best on either and cobble it together yourself. We know a few “YouTubers” regularly putting out content with big view counts and they’re not putting in these hours to do it, I’m confused as to where she’s been the past 15 years?

That kitchen is also a bleeping state 😷

• Haha
Reactions: 55
That kitchen is disgusting. The comparison to how it looked last week she had tidied it (for Rightmove pictures?) is quite unbelievable. And using a whole worktop for pointless recycling bins. Utter lunacy.

Also really glad ‘the vegans’ aren’t dropping things and I hope they don’t.

Reactions: 34
All terrible here. A relative very sick back in the UK with covid and massive complications- surgery today, and we obvioulsy can't go back. Our weekend starts at lunchtime on Thursday though so nearly there. Thank you all for being such a good distraction.
So sorry about your relative, although we are all forced apart at the moment, it must be doubly difficult when you are so far away. Sending a virtual hug. ❤.

Think of you teaching on the other side of the world every morning first thing. I hope you can take some time this weekend away from everything that is going on.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Fingers crossed the video is released soonish - maybe in instalments 😈.

Viggles go through the roof.

We have fun chats.

8th March will come in no time.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Sorry if I’ve missed this, but what qualifies her to be doing corporate talks on non-binary issues and being an ally in the workplace? Is she actually being paid to do this? Only a couple of weeks ago she was saying she didn’t care how she was referred to and was happy to be referred to as she.

As for her “masculine aesthetic” I live in jeans, jumpers and dr martens. Doesn’t make me non binary.
She has no experience of a corporate environment

Reactions: 26
Gently teased her?

AS.IF.

You weren’t an innocent youthful child full of a wide eyed wonder looking at the lights Jack , you were supposed to be on a job being a professional. Give over with the “I’m just a girl looking at the light”.
Ick - tweets like that are nauseating. She loves to give the impression that whenever she is on set there are lots of bantz with the crew as they all chuckle fondly over her charming naivety and coltishness. Lots of gentle, soft encouraging her :sick:
Not that any of what she says is believable but if she was fascinated by studio lights I imagine she made a HUGE deal out of it to appear quirky until someone said something at last.
And still she wonders why TV work has dried up. Oh actually no she doesn't. She voluntarily took a massive step back from it after DKL and had to be coaxed out again recently for Free School Meals 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Has she never heard of YouTube? I don’t get this carry on, there are literal kids making content on iPhones and go pros, you can buy reasonable mics as audio isn’t always the best on either and cobble it together yourself. We know a few “YouTubers” regularly putting out content with big view counts and they’re not putting in these hours to do it, I’m confused as to where she’s been the past 15 years?

That kitchen is also a bleeping state 😷
The problem is she clearly believes that she's on the same level as That Man, Nigella, Forearm Matt etc, and deserves the same treatment.

Sorry Jack, but your distinct lack of a TV deal has less to do with your myriad alleged conditions, and more to do with this:

• Haha
Reactions: 54
The problem is she clearly believes that she's on the same level as That Man, Nigella, Forearm Matt etc, and deserves the same treatment.

Sorry Jack, but your distinct lack of a TV deal has less to do with your myriad alleged conditions, and more to do with this:

HiJack, this is your face WITH studio, professional makeup you silly twonk. 👋

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I broke my own rule of never ever clicking on a Daily Mail article to read the post above. Forgetting all about Jack for a moment what ab absolutely shite article. Repeats itself about 8 times, describes her as non binary when there is absolutely no need to refer to gender, gets the name of the book wrong several times (I’ve not dared to watch the clip but surely even Jack isn’t maverick enough to put salmon and chicken in Veganish). Appalling article. But the tweets were funny. I’ve said it before but its so awful that almost all of the criticism she gets, which isn’t much really, comes from TERFS. It actively stops others from criticising as they don’t want to be put in that bracket, at least, that’s certainly how I felt before I found this place.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
She forgot to mention lip fillers in her make up routine 🤷‍♀️

Also, star jumps. Wtf? What did they add to the process?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I do like how the vegans are not letting it lie over on Insta. The Linda McC people really should have responded properly, it’s not showing much respect for their supposedly valued customer base.
I saw their standard response on one of the earlier posts and it said something like “Jack is a meat reducer and well known for her budget meals”. It didn’t address the main specific concerns about Jack as a collaborator which are:
(1) She’s not a meat reducer, in fact she glories in the very cheapest, crappiest, lowest welfare meat. Her SM is an orgy of sausage and animal fat.
(2) Veganuary themselves dropped her as an ambassador due to her stance on meat. Not the fact that she eats meat, which they didn’t have an issue with in principle, but her particular stance on it. So for Linda McC to then use her to promote Veganuary is a colossal duck-up.
(3) Jack also can’t be bothered even to give the appearance of going vegan for January, for the sake of the Linda McC collab. As evidenced by her own SM (and her glee at “sausage toffee” 🤢 was a particular low point). So the campaign is effectively saying: try going vegan for a month, here’s Jack to give you some recipes and tips, but she’s not doing it herself because she can’t be arsed.
(4) The recipes themselves are pretty unappealing for a collab of this type. Any number of the very many vegan or meat reducer bloggers out there could have done a much better job.

Anyway, I can’t believe she’s now done a video for them of that orzo and meatball thing. Part of her contract with them maybe? I hope the viggles persist, they are right to be pissed of.

TLDR: Don’t duck with vegans.
Very much all of this. People complained to Veganuary about her actively promoting meat after she was named as an ambassador in the run up to Veganuary. I wish I could find the statement they put out now. She posted that she had gone to a restaurant renowned for its meat dishes and taken 'a life long vegetarian' along with her, tee hee. Also the quote that, like her lesbianism, there would always be exceptions to her veganism 'and it would always be worth it'.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Ick - tweets like that are nauseating. She loves to give the impression that whenever she is on set there are lots of bantz with the crew as they all chuckle fondly over her charming naivety and coltishness. Lots of gentle, soft encouraging her :sick:
Not that any of what she says is believable but if she was fascinated by studio lights I imagine she made a HUGE deal out of it to appear quirky until someone said something at last.
And still she wonders why TV work has dried up. Oh actually no she doesn't. She voluntarily took a massive step back from it after DKL and had to be coaxed out again recently for Free School Meals 🤭
It sounds like it's another of her cos-plays doesn't it? The ikkle wikkle innocent who has never so much as seen a TV, much less been on it before 🤢

I bought myself George Georgievski's @schoollunchbox on IG new book today. He's been working from home, home schooling two girls, and been under the Melbourne lockdown for a lot of last year, not being able to see his mum for months, and managed to put it together. He said the book photo shoot took a week - I wonder what the timeframes are normally like with Jack?

Reactions: 28
Dewy glow dear.

And made her look less gaunt, tired, ill, frail, thin, exhausted and burnt out sweaty.
Oh I see 😂 Surely the strobe cream and highlighter would have been enough?! Maybe she doesn’t know how to apply it properly 😇

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.