Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why can’t I find bungalow on right move (don’t worry Jack, I’m 350 miles away and have zero interest in going to that town).

Reactions: 15
Why can’t I find bungalow on right move (don’t worry Jack, I’m 350 miles away and have zero interest in going to that town).

I passed by the end of her road last week...don't worry Jack, not stalking you. I was there to deliver something. Thorpe Bay is gorgeous though, lovely homes and bungalows and all within walking distance of a beach,

Reactions: 31
Also the fact she's almost implying that a no spend year will allow her to save up for a deposit? That's very... Millennials and avocado isn't it? Seeing as even a 5% deposit (which is like gold dust at the moment) is in the six figures, especially in the South where you know she won't be satisfied with a 2 bed flat...

To actually make a tangible impact into saving for a large deposit that either implies she's earning a fortune or spending a fortune on shite. Or both...
Thats a good point Lavaflake.
Do you think that she is in a way sabotaging herself spending wise because she is accustomed to living in a very large space (almost cave like?) and basically giving free rein to her hoarding tendencies?
Like you said if she was serious about getting on the housing ladder not only would she have to have a lifestyle overhaul but she would have to downsize/downgrade start off modestly (i.e like anyone else) and i don't get the impression that she wants to do that at all?

Reactions: 31
Don’t hoarders tend to hoard *everything* hence why it’s a problem? Like used loo roll and newspapers and bottles of piss? I know she loves every character flaw or scandal to come w a corresponding SEVERE diagnosis but ramming your space full of bits from John Lewis =/= hoarding...

Reactions: 28
I passed by the end of her road last week...don't worry Jack, not stalking you. I was there to deliver something. Thorpe Bay is gorgeous though, lovely homes and bungalows and all within walking distance of a beach,
I love where we live but in order to do so we have had to sacrifice space and are in a student area which obviously has its downsides.

Living by the sea is a dream in the long term, but even up here it is unrealistic price-wise.

She is so lucky to live where she does and to transfer that kind of house to a mortgage is unobtainable for 90% of the population. She has no idea. She should either suck it up, get a small flat and start on the property market if she is that bothered about owning. Or, do what lots of others do who live in areas with horrendous property prices- continue to rent and save for the future. A house is no longer the airtight little pension pot it once was.

Reactions: 30
Don’t hoarders tend to hoard *everything* hence why it’s a problem? Like used loo roll and newspapers and bottles of piss? I know she loves every character flaw or scandal to come w a corresponding SEVERE diagnosis but ramming your space full of bits from John Lewis =/= hoarding...
I think she's just a messy cow that likes to have ALL the SHINY THINGS tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Surely actual vegans have already done this?! Surely it's in the vegan cheese advertising to say it tastes like X or Y. Why does she always think everyone's waiting with bated breath for her shoddy non research?
Was just gonna say this, but then thought of the sad sacks who *do* wait on her every word of advice... they deserve each other 😒

Reactions: 21
I’m in my 40s and we’ve moved several times, including to a different country. We have never needed one skip, never mind multiple skips. She is buying too much stuff and then not being mindful about clearing out. We have always managed to either pass things on through Freecycle or put it in the street for people to take ( I mean the things you can’t sell on FB/ eBay). She wants to start with her skip habit before recycling in 25 brand new bins.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
The Sainsbury’s ad (looooool) and the Big Benefits Debate (“my grandfather is DEAD”) both took place in 2014 so why the duck is she still performing childlike naïveté at the wonders of studio lighting?

She’s been on telly for seven years, the dolt. I guess she figures that pretending she’s new is a good excuse for her consistent chaotic and underprepared appearances.

It isn’t though 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I’m in my 40s and we’ve moved several times, including to a different country. We have never needed one skip, never mind multiple skips.
They were community skips, that's why they were put on her drive. The council always put community skips on private property, especially ones that have tenants in them. It doesn't lead to confusion at all, nor difficulties obtaining both the landlords and tenants permission. They do this despite the liability insurance implications.

I wonder what she would have done if one of her neighbours had read that tweet and filled it up with rubbish. That I would have paid money to see.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
The Sainsbury’s ad (looooool) and the Big Benefits Debate (“my grandfather is DEAD”) both took place in 2014 so why the duck is she still performing childlike naïveté at the wonders of studio lighting?

She’s been on telly for seven years, the dolt. I guess she figures that pretending she’s new is a good excuse for her consistent chaotic and underprepared appearances.

It isn’t though 🙃
And everyone is on camera all day every day at the moment, she’s making such a drama out of video calls. Each to their own, but only the glamorous drama teacher at my school won’t go on a call without make up! I understand for TV but to chat to some people on a call? So vain!

Reactions: 23
Hi Jack. 👋🏻 You didn't take a massive break from TV 📺 after DKL. In fact, you went straight onto your finest TV moment ever: lingreenie. 🤢

We all know that your definition of truth is as flexible as your definition of carbonara 🥒or work, 😴 but please, PLEASE do not erase your masterpiece from the narrative.
Surely you are not forgetting the nominated epic known as hellmans? Nominated for a razzie of course

• Haha
Reactions: 24
They were community skips, that's why they were put on her drive. The council always put community skips on private property, especially ones that have tenants in them. They do this despite the liability insurance implications.

I wonder what she would have done if one of her neighbours had read that tweet and filled it up with rubbish. That I would have paid money to see.
I’ve never heard of a community skip. Every days a school day!

Reactions: 18
I’ve never heard of a community skip. Every days a school day!
We do have them here in Salford. They get dropped off early in the morning and anyone can put stuff in. They are gone by evening. We only have maybe one a month through summer.

BUT, and it's a big but, they are positioned on the road and have a member of staff checking what you put in it. Otherwise someone could put in toxic chemicals or anything.

No council would EVER put a community skip without supervision, especially on someone's drive. What would happen if it had been used by a neighbour to drop off poisonous chemicals at a property with a 10 year old child living there?

I would still have loved someone else rock up and load it up. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I was about to ask was that a load of zoflora? Something which is notoriously bad for the environment, for someone who a couple of days ago was a natural product guru she is really bizarre.

In all of this tit It is quite scary for how well she is managing to manipulate people into hanging onto every word she says despite her throwing lies in everyone’s faces...
Come come, how long have you been here? do as I say not as I do, she doth not practise what she preaches, her shopping demonstrates that. She said her New Years resolution was not buying stuff, and yet all that recycling stuff is clearly new.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Come come, how long have you been here? do as I say not as I do, she doth not practise what she preaches, her shopping demonstrates that. She said her New Years resolution was not buying stuff, and yet all that recycling stuff is clearly new.
She's compulsive with her lying and spending.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
What is everyone's favourite Jack Monroe Lie?

I'll start, I think it's the Toaster lie. Just because it's just so needless and pathetic to lie about something like that, and it shows that if she lies about such trivial things then she's a whopping great liar about the big stuff too. I mean she made up a whole story about why she doesn't own a toaster, and literally weeks later took multiple pictures of her kitchen.... containing, wait for it... A toaster. Just truly bizarre.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

It isn’t though 🙃
But her followers seem to think this is true...like during DKL they were all "be nice to Jack, she's learning!!"

I sort of have an idea about it. When you don't see someone very often or follow a celebrity much, they kind of get fixed in your head the age/way they were the last time you saw them. Like when an old schoolfriend has a kid and you're shocked because in your head they're 17, or when you realise Justin Bieber is an adult and has been for several years...it does not compute.

I think a lot of squiggles who don't pay that much attention still think of Jack as a young struggling single mother at the start of her career. Which, of course, she encourages.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.