Jack Monroe #125 Tweeted it, completed it, deleted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It exists!

Tell me I'm not the only one now combing that thread for @Jack_M sockpuppets, going "it can't be that one, they mention going to Lidl"...

• Haha
Reactions: 56
OK, can I set the record straight that I am in no way trying to step on @Pocahontas's toes by starting a new thread when it's getting to the nine hundred and ninety something post of a thread. For the latest I checked in with Poca first, so if you want to keep that burden on Poca, fair enough, but with threads moving at one per day, more than one person needs to do it. I've learnt how to start a new thread but I'm not confident in doing the recap, but I can take a hint and I've obviously overstepped the mark. I got a bit of snark on a previous occasion when I started a new thread and I'm here for the laughs and JM horror show, so I'll just keep away from the new thread stuff. Pocahontas is indeed the new thread queen with all the gifs fully deserved, but even the queen deserves a break now and then.
You're doing the fraus a service, dear heart, don't apologise for it!

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Hey listen - it’s all good in the hood. I do appreciate a break - so maybe when Minky does the new threads, I also won’t do the recaps and then it’s a proper good break. Nobody is stepping on anyone’s toes! Poca is no supreme! Anyway, let’s leave it at that. ThankYOU.

• Heart
Reactions: 92
I’ve spent my evening reading the Bootstrap book. What a load of tit!! Over two years to write a loaf of non-recipes. Examples:

Mushroom soup. Mushrooms and water. That’s it. No stock, no onions or garlic. In the very short recipe she says you can add other things if you like. Cheers, Jackie!

French toast. Egg and bread. Cool.

Pizza Toast!! A slice of bread, tomato purée, some grated cheese. Wow!!

No wonder I’ve never looked at it again since I bought it, it’s absolutely awful. Also a pancake recipe that she says she got from John Torrode on BBC good food. Erm. What?? You’re selling cookbooks and you’ve spent two years just borrowing someone else’s extremely basic recipe? My goodness this book is dreadful. Absolutely dreadful! Oh, and some glossy pictures but not for all the recipes, and it’s annoying. I can’t imagine the poor Kickstarter people getting not a single photograph 😩

She also mentions going to Budapest, LA, and the Lake District in the few recipes I’ve read so far. Must be terrible never ever ever having a holiday. Poor thing.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 85
It kills me that we've never uncovered a Jack sockpuppet on these threads. It's impossible that she's never done it! Impossible I tell you!
Hmmm. Is it now, Miss Blurst! Some could argue the best way to divert attention is to call it out. All the delicious food you’ve posted is a ruse and it is you who is the sock!
(I am joking)

268FD852-94BF-4C09-8463-E95D6AA321F1.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
I’ve spent my evening reading the Bootstrap book. What a load of tit!! Over two years to write a loaf of non-recipes. Examples:

Mushroom soup. Mushrooms and water. That’s it. No stock, no onions or garlic. In the very short recipe she says you can add other things if you like. Cheers, Jackie!

French toast. Egg and bread. Cool.

Pizza Toast!! A slice of bread, tomato purée, some grated cheese. Wow!!

No wonder I’ve never looked at it again since I bought it, it’s absolutely awful. Also a pancake recipe that she says she got from John Torrode on BBC good food. Erm. What?? You’re selling cookbooks and you’ve spent two years just borrowing someone else’s extremely basic recipe? My goodness this book is dreadful. Absolutely dreadful! Oh, and some glossy pictures but not for all the recipes, and it’s annoying. I can’t imagine the poor Kickstarter people getting not a single photograph 😩

She also mentions going to Budapest, LA, and the Lake District in the few recipes I’ve read so far. Must be terrible never ever ever having a holiday. Poor thing.
duck me I might switch careers. Anyone want to kick start me for my famed mini kiev korma recipe? Basically hoy your cooked mini kievs in a jar of korma sauce. Bosh

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Current books on the go:

1. Pov book
2. Big cookery bible
3. Ethical cooking/shopping
4. Greek cookbook

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 67
From Kickstarter , a comment from 3 years ago. This was after the book had started to be sent out and a new roundabout of excuses were added....

"Everyone has varying degrees of emotional and physical energy, and everyone chooses what to spend theirs on. Just, if you're tweeting about being busy with filming and award shows and interviews and pitching other books, other stuff, people are going to assume that actually following through on the thing you got £68K to do is just not a priority. That's not people being mean-- that's people feeling let down. Also, apologies that aren't apologies are insulting to the people that, you know, deserve an actual apology. Jack's posts aren't apologies-- they're excuses and guilt-trips, and this last update which doesn't even actually say "sorry" (and an actual "sorry for messing this up/focussing on other things/letting you down", rather than a "well, I'm sorry for being ill" which is what the other posts say)."

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 133
OK, can I set the record straight that I am in no way trying to step on @Pocahontas's toes by starting a new thread when it's getting to the nine hundred and ninety something post of a thread. For the latest I checked in with Poca first, so if you want to keep that burden on Poca, fair enough, but with threads moving at one per day, more than one person needs to do it. I've learnt how to start a new thread but I'm not confident in doing the recap, but I can take a hint and I've obviously overstepped the mark. I got a bit of snark on a previous occasion when I started a new thread and I'm here for the laughs and JM horror show, so I'll just keep away from the new thread stuff. Pocahontas is indeed the new thread queen with all the gifs fully deserved, but even the queen deserves a break now and then.
You deserve credit for you service to the cabal, @Minky McMoneypenny . Keep up the good work..

• Heart
Reactions: 38
it was indeedily doodley and mine was... functional. it got there in the end.

at least I tried 😭 I picture this gif whenever I think of Jack Monroe #91 POOR (ISH)

You showed great courage in the face of adversity little one. Aka my heckling. I liked when you posted the same screenshots 433 times best 💕💞

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.