Jack Monroe #125 Tweeted it, completed it, deleted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ironically that’s almost a good name for a Bond Film, “Deleted By The End of the Day, out NOW!”

@Pocahontas thank you for the 💯 recap. Thanks to the “The Great Kickstarter Khaos” 😂 link I realised people were still commenting and waiting!
(I didn’t notice the dates before because yes, I was another one distracted by laughing at “I’d LOVE to be probed wrong”. Wow.)

Loving the title @_blank_ ! And kudos to you @Minky McMoneypenny for once again accidentally overcoming your fears and starting a new thread!! 🎉
The Monroe Bond film would be called 'screenshots are forever.'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
It’s been so good to read through the Kickstarter shitshow again and I think it’s a good introduction for all new Frauen and Herren (and old ones who’ve become inured to Jack’s continuing evil).

I reckon most of us can empathise with the feeling of being overwhelmed by what we’ve taken on and the desire to make excuses to assuage our own guilt, and I don’t think people would have held it against Jack had she been big enough to admit her mistake.

Instead, that absolute non-apology in which she blames her ineptitude on people who have put money in her pocket “bullying” her is textbook gaslighting. The saddest thing is that she has learnt nothing and is endlessly repeating these behaviours half a decade later.

Must say, I’d really like to know what that £68k got spaffed on. I’m not a publisher so let’s nobody take this as read but 3603 backers raising £68,761 is an average donation of approx £19 per person. I’m going to apologise in advance for my tit maths here: I’m a sociologist mainly so I’ve tried to weave it into a narrative but have also probably wanked up the sums along the way. Nonetheless, it’s a lot of money.

- Let’s hazard a guess that it costs £3 per book to print (I think this is an incredibly high estimate taken from a rudimentary Google search but let’s face it, Jack the compulsive John Lewis shopper is not smart enough to shop around - my web page attached as screenshot). That’s £10,809 for printing.

- Then there’s postage. Again, I’ll be generous and assume it was a medium parcel, 2nd class at £5.20 per unit. That’s £18,735.60 (but we all know she was tight as arseholes and sent it small parcel, hence so many got damaged en route. Again, post office prices attached).

- Let’s assume she got good quality envelopes (screenshot also attached) - approx £1500.

- Paid each illustrator a nominal fee (don’t know how many there are in the book and which aren’t by her but let’s say 10 and she paid them £200 each?) - £2000.

- And I’ll be kind and say the imaginary Victoria did actually exist and got paid another £2k for her troubles. Btw omg is this PRVix who ate the tit for her?! My mind has just made the connection...

- I’m going to assume she was too arrogant to splash out on recipe testers or proof readers.

In total her outlay was £35,044.60 which means that she made over £33,500 for doing absolutely piss all. Around the same time she won £24,000 in her Katie Hopkins case and also got money for various media appearances, columns and for the same, glossier book produced by a publishing house.

So in the space of two years between 2015-17, from grift alone, this demon earned £57,500 + royalties + writing fees + speaking fees etc etc. And here we are on the verge of 2021 with her still wanking on about how SHE RENTS and can’t afford her dream house, while taking cash off those who earn so so much less than her and delivering nothing, NOTHING, in return.

People who steal from the vulnerable used to be considered the lowest of the low yet her Lib Dem sheep are still bleating their effusive praise. Where have we gone wrong???

29E42875-8A1A-4506-A234-1A567BC71F79.png
D7E0B8D1-8E07-4980-8D09-04CFDD505453.png
69DC0437-2C41-49A4-B105-729160EDFE20.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 100
View attachment 364043

1st comment: please tell me the spring risotto and the chocolate banana are two separate recipes...

2nd comment: FFS, did you think the Kickstarter was a non-profit endeavour?
From previous posts on the chocolate banana recipe, it is a banana mashed in a mug with a square of dark chocolate added and then microwaved until hot and slimey

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
Hello, it's me again.

Just finished the last thread and I am VERY disappointed that nobody nominated @Winthropp Tuesday's "Dangling her flaps over a bleeping Cotswold sideboard like none of it matters" for thread title.

Please take this is my official (early but they are moving so fast) thread title suggestion.
Welcome!!!
Obviously the “bleeping” is crossed out, but, erm, how do I put this delicately.... would the mods mind the flaps?

Blast, I can't delete it. Heyulp @Silver Linings - what can I do?
You might be able to “report” your own post if that’s any help?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Frankly this is the best libellous cesspit I've ever wallowed in. Not that I am a connoisseur of libellous cesspits but I don't think that many of them would give me an excuse to photoshop a bloody great kipper under a woman's arm. Here is a haiku to honour the occasion.

The longest COVID
Scent rehabilitation
Delicious kipper
In a nice clash of threads, the Secret Celebrity Gossip thread was earlier regaling us with the details of how the maverick Tom Cruise [allegedly] buys a fish to take into the gents, stays there for a while, and then leaves, sans said raw fish.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
It helps no one when tattle gets mentioned outside of tattle.
I was scouting for mentions of it in her twitter and there are some occasionally, through the months.
People love a bit of virtue signaling don’t they? “That awful gossip site that’s just bullying” kinell squiggle it’s not the dark web, whatever you do don’t go on mumsnet or you’ll have a funny turn.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
In a nice clash of threads, the Secret Celebrity Gossip thread was earlier regaling us with the details of how the maverick Tom Cruise [allegedly] buys a fish to take into the gents, stays there for a while, and then leaves, sans said raw fish.
Now that is maverick perhaps something Jack could do with all that excess fish?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.