Jack Monroe #125 Tweeted it, completed it, deleted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if husband is channelling his inner Jack tonight but instead of making his usual marinara sauce he has bunged raw onion, garlic, tinned tomatoes and herbs in the nutribullet and blitzed it. It’s currently cooking - I’ll let you know 😳

Does anyone else get flashbacks to third year (year 9 in new money) art classes when they look at those kickstarter illustrations?
Sauce was very tasty with veggie meatballs and spaghetti. If it appears on her Twitter I’m suing for copyright.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Anyone at a loose end tonight - pop BBC2 on at 11pm and watch the 1st of a 3 part documentary charting the story of an iconic artist.....and Jarvis Cocker.

View attachment 363913
I met Jarvis last year, he was DJing for my friends 50th, (my friend is a music producer & besties with Jarvis) and he was absolutely lovely. Had a right good old laugh and he played some amazing music. Love him ❤

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Take a moment to compare-
Jack Monroe activist and anti poverty campaigner takes money from the poor and disabled for recipes that waste food.
King Marcus of Manchester gets the government and grass roots organizations to feed the poor.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I still can’t quite believe she produced a recipe book without an index. Not user friendly!
Apparently poor people are intimidated by things like indexes and colour photographs. Jack knew this because she was a bit strapped for cash for 6 months 10 years ago and learned to cook from books/websites with colour photos and indexes. If it wasn’t for this she would be able to cook by now.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Apparently poor people are intimidated by things like indexes and colour photographs. Jack knew this because she was a bit strapped for cash for 6 months 10 years ago and learned to cook from books/websites with colour photos and indexes. If it wasn’t for this she would be able to cook by now.
And now she helps support poor people by never cooking anything colourful

• Haha
Reactions: 41
It’s been a busy few weeks with all of the chaoses at the crappy Bungalow. I’m eagerly awaiting the Squiggles’ Revolt as more and more of her followers are questioning the ever growing web of lies. I really cannot understand how she can continue to be offered work.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I knew the key points from the Kickstarter shambles but hadn't seen most of those emails before now. I'm simultaneously cringing myself inside out and shaking my head at the sheer twattery of her.

It takes a lot for me to complain about stuff IRL, but if I'd waited 2+ years for a book I'd paid for, had seen her plastered all over social media whilst claiming to be spending every waking moment working to resolve the issue, knew she was selling a "better" and more expensive version on Amazon, AND had got one of those pathetic non-apology emails from her, I'd be absolutely apoplectic. This is the kind of scandal that sinks people, so how has she got away with it?

Also, absolutely nothing has changed in 4-5 years, has it? The pattern of behaviour is exactly the same. Promises to deliver something, wheels out endless excuses for why it hasn't been done, blames a litany of ailments and frequent accidents for her own failure to treat people with common decency, and wails that she's being bullied and harassed when challenged at all. I'm amazed she hasn't purged the entire project page from the internet in order to rewrite history in her usual fashion, so can only assume Kickstarter won't let her.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.