Jack Monroe #125 Tweeted it, completed it, deleted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I knew the key points from the Kickstarter shambles but hadn't seen most of those emails before now. I'm simultaneously cringing myself inside out and shaking my head at the sheer twattery of her.

It takes a lot for me to complain about stuff IRL, but if I'd waited 2+ years for a book I'd paid for, had seen her plastered all over social media whilst claiming to be spending every waking moment working to resolve the issue, knew she was selling a "better" and more expensive version on Amazon, AND had got one of those pathetic non-apology emails from her, I'd be absolutely apoplectic. This is the kind of scandal that sinks people, so how has she got away with it?

Also, absolutely nothing has changed in 4-5 years, has it? The pattern of behaviour is exactly the same. Promises to deliver something, wheels out endless excuses for why it hasn't been done, blames a litany of ailments and frequent accidents for her own failure to treat people with common decency, and wails that she's being bullied and harassed when challenged at all. I'm amazed she hasn't purged the entire project page from the internet in order to rewrite history in her usual fashion, so can only assume Kickstarter won't let her.
This is what is interesting about her. She does seem to get away with stuff again and again? Why? Because she isn’t famous enough to justify a journalist’s interest? Is she quite aggressive (she appears to be but I assumed it’s all talk)? Because people are glad she took on KH?

• Sad
Reactions: 44
The Kickstarter debacle is also such an insult to the people who genuinely have arthritis, autism, ADHD (and the other 25 letters of the Jack Monroe conditions alphabet). "I didn't send you your book because I'm arthritic" is just plain offensive.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
The Kickstarter debacle is also such an insult to the people who genuinely have arthritis, autism, ADHD (and the other 25 letters of the Jack Monroe conditions alphabet). "I didn't send you your book because I'm arthritic" is just plain offensive.
One of the comments pointed out schlepping books by the hundred to the post office was the least efficient way to do it, especially if she was unwell. It seems to sum up a lot of stuff she does, needlessly over complicated by her with then offensive excuses and abuse given when people question her.

Reactions: 62
It would be really hard for the judge wouldn’t it, when we go to court?
Is everything being Schrodinger-y accounted for anywhere in the law?
I guess in most cases you have two sides each making an argument about evidence. How does it work when Jack argues opposing positions about one thing?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
View attachment 363924

I was working my way down some of the Kickstarter comments and this one caught my eye. Charming.
Cold.as.ice.reply. As cold as her eyes.
I really am not the dramatic type but as with the heating money lady this nearly has me in tears when I read it. This is why our thread continues to be important.

The kickstarter Emails had me gobsmacked, they contained JMs full repertoire from evoking pity, to emotional blackmail, to whatever. It even had a 'thankyou' in it.
And it now strangely helps me to in hindsight identify my ex as a narc even better- the Emails could have been from her!

Thanks to the cabal for the ongoing laughter, the counterbalance that is required to get through this. Yesterday I was ill, not with short Covid, long Covid, longest Covid and my thermometer did not need a digit extension and I did not wear a bandana and I did not send pics of me or requested food.
I, however, read the SEO posts and laughed so much that my cat regularly got catapulted from my belly (not exaggerating!) and I really thought I was going insane.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 86
This is what is interesting about her. She does seem to get away with stuff again and again? Why? Because she isn’t famous enough to justify a journalist’s interest? Is she quite aggressive (she appears to be but I assumed it’s all talk)? Because people are glad she took on KH?
I genuinely think because of the KH case, people are scared in case she sues them. Monroe knows this, and does just enough to keep it borderline.
What I mean is, with Kickstarter if I was a high donor, I would have gone to the small claims court but...her supposed apologetic emails would ensure I lost the case...

• Heart
Reactions: 47
One of the comments pointed out schlepping books by the hundred to the post office was the least efficient way to do it, especially if she was unwell. It seems to sum up a lot of stuff she does, needlessly over complicated by her with then offensive excuses and abuse given when people question her.
And she's still doing it now. Taking people's money and offering up all the excuses under the sun why they haven't received their items. They gave you money love. You would bend over backwards to get people what they paid for if you gave a shiny tit about anyone other than yourself. Forever over promising and under delivering on someone else's dime.

Reactions: 57
I did not find one where she looked particularly cheeky. Not me, no way.

My aim is to make the thread so ridiculous she’ll never reference it in court.
Who’d have thought *C4’s Head Of News and Current Affairs* could be such a source of comedy! What a world!

I can’t stop laughing at this whole thing, and how the investigation has been progressing.
Thanks to onsite reporter @Marmalade Atkins exposing the culprit and @Alansbigplate ‘s ongoing updates.

-“Louisa Compton made her get rid of the Brexit stockpile”

- “Louisa Compton forced her to get rid of her Brexit tins”

- “Louisa Compton stole Jack Monroe’s Brexit tins and gave her the long covid!”

And now we have an artist‘s impression of the pesky “Tin Snatch Crook”!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Apparently poor people are intimidated by things like indexes and colour photographs. Jack knew this because she was a bit strapped for cash for 6 months 10 years ago and learned to cook from books/websites with colour photos and indexes. If it wasn’t for this she would be able to cook by now.
And from working out her dad’s secret curry recipe by reading the label on the jar

Sorry Regina

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
And from working out her dad’s secret curry recipe by reading the label on the jar

Sorry Regina
Hooted up a lung at that .gif.

Good to get over all the megativity from the memories of the Kickstarter Khaos. thankyou

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
20201229_233612.jpg

1st comment: please tell me the spring risotto and the chocolate banana are two separate recipes...

2nd comment: FFS, did you think the Kickstarter was a non-profit endeavour?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
View attachment 364043

1st comment: please tell me the spring risotto and the chocolate banana are two separate recipes...

2nd comment: FFS, did you think the Kickstarter was a non-profit endeavour?
Please tell me the "chocolate banana" recipe is more than a banana with melted chocolate on it.

And I hope "spring risotto" isn't a risotto with springs in it. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I genuinely think because of the KH case, people are scared in case she sues them. Monroe knows this, and does just enough to keep it borderline.
What I mean is, with Kickstarter if I was a high donor, I would have gone to the small claims court but...her supposed apologetic emails would ensure I lost the case...
Definitely. I bet she seriously regrets coming here on Thread #31 because she can't threaten us with lawsuits anymore. Still, she must be saving a lot of money not paying for a lawyer to read these threads :sneaky:

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Definitely. I bet she seriously regrets coming here on Thread #31 because she can't threaten us with lawsuits anymore. Still, she must be saving a lot of money not paying for a lawyer to read these threads :sneaky:
Fess up, which one of you ninnies is Jack's lawyer?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.