Jack Monroe #120 Jack and trace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I swear she’s said before her oven is a bit crap and takes longer to cook, it would never take 50 mins for big sausages even in mine. And TWO ‘home economists’ re-tested her recipes? Like shite!

Reactions: 75
I'm sorry but that shit has been nowhere near any Home Economists.
Genuinely laughing now!

eta But it wasn't written by anyone at the Express. It was a paid for fluff piece by Mel Dinte wasn't it? They paid for 4 pages and the Express couldn't give a shit what was in it let alone test it! It was photoed in her house. It wasn't Express photographers.

Oh the liiiiiiieeeeeees!!!

Reactions: 64
The Sloppies were wonderful. I fell asleep in my ball gown on the sofa after attending. And that's just on my phone. Will watch the full works today.

Reactions: 35
the gravy recipe is rank and went nowhere near any testers. Jack is lying as usual.

Reactions: 42
Everything is zero waste if you eat the peelings ffs.
Also any common sense zero-waste food blogger would do a Boxing Day leftover recipe list. Not make a fire brick nut roast of the peels.

Reactions: 31
PS.
More ranting. Those aren’t home made Yorkshire puddings. They’re Aunt Bessie’s, I’m 99% sure if it. My mum buys them. Actual home made Yorkshire’s are beautiful puffy hunks. The frozen ones are just okay.

Reactions: 56
I swear she’s said before her oven is a bit crap and takes longer to cook, it would never take 50 mins for big sausages even in mine. And TWO ‘home economists’ re-tested her recipes? Like shite!
My home economics teachers would not who I would be asking for proper tasting recipies. They ( like her) were very basic cooks even to the untrained children they were teaching.
I looked at the back of a pack of sausages in my fridge and nowhere does it say cook for 50 minutes

The are frozen ones because they are nearly all uniform. Homemade ones even restaurant ones are not uniform.

Reactions: 25
Sorry, just thinking about the Don Draper wet dream, need a lie down.
Haha I really got stuck on that mental image and then on a lobster accompanied by cheese in the shape of a tree.

Is it me or is the mask slipping... Jack seems to be being horrible to everyone...
Speaking of affiliated links I'm not sure the bookshop . org link in her bio is totally honest either. I was listening to Alice Slaters book podcast about bookshop . org and the gist was that if you don't go through a specific bookshop 's link it makes more money for the person posting the link than any indie bookshop. I'd need to check the details but pretty sure that's it. Anyway it goes to a 404 page for me!

Last edited:
Reactions: 38
If anyone ever criticises me again or asks me to do something I’m just going to howl, “I’m in bed with corona!”
It’s so immature!

Reactions: 40
If any home economists did test those recipes it must have felt like it was going against every fibre of their being.

Reactions: 31
All these mentions of Del Monte and sneaky product placement in her pics - shouldn’t these be marked as #AD as she is paid by them?

I thought the ASA were cracking down on ‘influencers’ who do dodgy promotions with #gifted goods.
How do we report it?

Reactions: 16
She tripple tested those recipes? My arse. (Also, she truly is a Schroedinger's maverick. She both doesn't need to test recipes because her werid lil brain spunks out great recipes in one go, but she also TRIPPLE tested the willies-in-a-blanket)

Reactions: 37
I did think it was strange that she posted a close-up of every other side dish on twitter, but FOR SOME REASON not the Yorkshire puddings.

Reactions: 43
another hilarious recap, unsurprised she had corona (if true) what with her constant not following rules and endless trips to the post office and b and q

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.