Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
Guten tag herren & hausfrauen !!!!

The sloppies are here at last. There are two versions - the fancy schmancy spark page is best on PC/laptop (with hella sick images af) and should be viewable now, it's only accessible via this link below (think of it as the groucho, but for tattlers ;) )

~ SLOPPIES 2020 ~ buzzing that it has the number 3 and 'jam' in the link

For those who don't want to leave this site/are on a smaller screen, I've done a text only version below! Enjoy!

Hi all!

Tattle user Switchstreetz here, ready to conquer my fears! Obviously this is all alleged/our opinion or whatever the magic words are that mean JM doesn't materialise in front of me at 4am to kick my shins!

*Insert several minutes/paragraphs of me talking about myself instead of the actual subject of the event, before remembering to go back to the actual topic at hand. This week I ran OUT of JAM.*

At close of submissions we had reached 447 responses! I know some may have had a cheeky double dip, but that’s still so much more than I was expecting - testament to how many are lurking on these threads!

No question was mandatory, but it seems nearly everyone decided to answer every question - numbers range from 441 responses to The Eye of Sauron award to 447 responses for the Novak Nail award. It's been so interesting to see the results develop!

Many thanks to @Sideboard Bob for designing the Sloppies trophy! It looks fab!

Right, this is going to be a loooong post so let’s get on with it!!

Kicking things off with The Eye of Sauron award for “best public appearance” this evening! The vote percentage is in brackets. Here's our runners up!

3rd place - Hellman’s IGTV (18.4%)

2nd place - This Morning (19.7%)

and the winner, by an absolute landslide (acapella cover) with 46.7% of the vote.…

its........DAILY KITCHEN LIVE! I don't think it could have been any other way to be honest - DKL is what kickstarted these threads, it seems only fair to give thanks!

The twitter bully award for “pile-on of the year”
3rd place - LNER (5.9%)

2nd place - David Walliams (37.2%)

The winner is…THAT MAN! Yes, Jamie Oliver wins with 52.7% of the vote! Personally, I felt I deserved to win this one, so I encourage you all to tweet the BBC about this injustice, and one day I too can grate corned beef on the telly. /s

The Golden Grifty award for “most egregious waste of money from someone claiming to be poor”
3rd place - The mighty smeg fridge (7.6%)

2nd place - The ever multiplying Cotswold furniture (18.9%)

And the winner is… The last minute trip to Edinburgh, another easy win for the top choice! (with 51% of the vote!)

The Full Moon award for “best chaos”
This one and the Novak Nail award were a little different, being multiple choice, with up to 3 selections allowed per person. Rather than percentage of the vote I’ll show how many people chose each answer in brackets for these two awards.

5th place - The chicken* lingreenie on this morning, *chicken not included (75)

4th place - The ouchy mouth dramas - they were legion, and they were all ridiculous. Even my local avon lady has never waxed lyrical about the magical healing properties of red lipstick. (85)

3rd place - Daily kitchen live - we had passive aggressive lemons, dusty aunt Helen, and the infamous “terrible.” DKL was a delight from beginning to end, thank you very matt much matt! (98)

2nd place - Edinburgh trip - yes this option is showing up in multiple categories, but it is NOT a chain, ok? Anyway, Jack’s very cultural journey where she sat indoors and photographed celery came second (117)

which means first place goes to…Thread 31! Jack’s foray into the fraus was chosen (235) times, making it the clear winner! So where were you when thread 31 happened?

The Yes Absolutely award for “most useless/actively detrimental advice”
3rd place - Sponsorbot - why seek out an empathetic human with similar life experience for your recovery, when you can buy a drawing of a robot? (15.8%)

2nd place - All food is the same. No oregano left for your pizza? Try the eucalyptus tree in your shitty garden. What, you don't have one?! (24.5%)

And the winner is....The absolutely iconic answer to why mince has different fat percentages…”it just does.” (27.3%)

The Facetune Award for “selfie of the year”
3rd place - (Honorary) Dr Dr Who? It’s the time travelling photos of herself edited to make her look young enough to be her own child. (11.3%)

2nd place - Something’s simmering…the infamous sideboard modelling shots came second with a searing performance (18.9%)

1st place... Put on your sunglasses, its the blinding black eye selfie! Taking home (38.1%) of the vote, it clearly made an impression on you all. See how she glitters!

The Missed Deadline Award for “most urgent item on the to do list”

It’s kept Kachoochoo BUSY for months, the magnum opus that is Jack's ever-growing to do list. We let you have your say on which items should come top of Jack’s agenda.

3rd place - The £15 a week school meals (23.9%)

2nd place - The reason for those cursed sideboard modelling photos - something has been simmering since June, could it be the chicken thigh stock? (29.1%)

And the winner is.…Thrifty Shades of Beige - the people need the high quality postcards they have paid for! (37.5%)

To date we have yet to see a single person talk about receiving their postcards with pictures, i believe the mince pie toasties were sent to all patrons above a certain amount and weren't a TSoBeige reard. Pretty poor form when they’re paying £10 a month!!!

The Sure, Jan Award for “best imaginary friend or enemy”

3rd place - Matt Tebbutt as JM imagined him, her sidekick in a cheeky little double act. This version of Matt is as fictional as a David Walliams character. (16.7%)

2nd place - The shadowy cabal of bullying hausfrau ninnies she sees in every corner. (22.3%)

Now who could the winner be, I wonder…:unsure:Birds? In Traaaaazers? It had to be the old chief didn’t it! Some men just want to watch the world burn, and the birds at the fire station valiantly trying to put it out must only wear skirts. (30.9%)

A bird in traazers, for your viewing pleasure.

The Mission Inn Star Award for “best slop”

By choosing the tattle version you have actually spared yourself the photo grid of JM creations I inflicted upon anyone who watched the fancy version.

5th place - Cheesy fish finger lasagne (6.7%)

4th place - Mussels and pears (11.4%)

3rd place - SBs pasta, boiled in THRICE RECYCLED betroot water & served with a blended sauce of cheese slices and raw flour (13.9%)

2nd place -Mackerel weetabix floating in raw egg, with noodles (14.1%)

And the winner is
“It’ll thicken up” it’s the one and only, the spunky bechamel sauce wins big at the races with 25.8% of the vote - we’ll have to ask Dinosaur what the odds were on that!

I was clawing at the floor in horror looking at these results.

“How do we live in a universe where the afterbirth oats, Mancbee’s stuffing mix soup -that’s probably still repeating on him a month later-, and the peach and chickpea curry haven’t even made the top 5?!”

I howled, gnashing my teeth. Then I looked at the actual top 5 and felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of tastebuds cried out at once in terror, and then were suddenly silenced. My rage abated, as I wept in relief that I would never have to languorously devour this cuisine myself. Later, I bought another Cotswold sideboard to cover the scratches in the floorboards.

The Novak Nail award for “most entertaining/outrageous lie”

Possibly the most eagerly anticipated result of this event! Some of her lies are infuriating, some are upsetting, some are just deeply hilarious. One or two may even have a grain of truth to them! All were covered on tattle with receipts, and here’s a round-up of your top 5 from 2020.

5th place - That time she claimed to have been offered a 7 figure sum for the film rights to her life (50)

4th place - Indirectly lying about being a firefighter, and co-opting grenfell to talk about herself (63)

3rd place - The shimmery black eye (153)

2nd place - We’ve had muddy puddles, foolish charity shops and accidental extra sofas delivered. Runner up this year goes to “the lies about how she obtained all her expensive items.” (177)

And the winner is… The £20 shop - The people have spoken, and they chose this frankly irresponsible Tory propaganda as 2020’s most iconic lie. (201)

The Silver Poca Plate for “honorary frau of the year”

Our last award of the evening! For our final award, we’re taking the focus off Jack and putting it on something positive.

There are many valid reasons to not be on tattle, it might be that you’re taking the good fight to manipulative influencers directly on twitter and challenging their narrative. Alternatively, maybe you’re a journalist or celebrity yourself and having an account would affect your career. Perhaps it's just that you are a sheep.

This award honours all those who do not post here, but who we respect and admire enough to consider one of the coven nevertheless.

Saturn, we hope you’re well out there in the interplanetary trenches, keep up the good work! You are of course an eternal frau, if you ever get bored of being out there amongst the stars, you’ll always be welcome here.

3rd place - Nibbles and Loppy (Only 16.1% I demand a recount!)

2nd place - Matt Tebbutt, but the real version (17.5%)

And the winner is…The followers brave enough to speak out against Jack (46.4%)

It takes a lot of courage to publicly disagree with someone who has a much larger following online. This award is dedicated not to the bigots or trolls, but to those who raised contradictions, and spoke up when they felt wrongdoing was being perpetrated by JM. Many were fans at the time, some may even be fans still, but to all those squiggles who stood their ground and endured the flying monkeys for their troubles, we salute you.

Finally, I asked you all a very important question - are you Jack Monroe?

I am sorry to say that 5 of us said yes, meaning we have a chain of Jacks in our midst, in restaurant parlance.

44 of you said no, which was much more reassuring.

A staggering 396 of you told me to get to absolute fuck. I’m so proud of you all!

Honestly it’s been incredible reading through the results and seeing drama like the “For Sale” sign and the unmasking of Peeky Mink not even scrape the top 5 wildest chaoses of the last 6-12 months. I think we can safely diagnose her as melodramatic to the extreme.

Here’s to 2021! I hope it’s a better year than 2020 has been, and that we’re all here again in 12 months with new inside jokes and the same great community feeling. I know many of us have had an incredibly difficult year, and I hope better days are coming for you all.

Annoyingly I can’t just sit and thank you all, as I’d inevitably miss someone out, and I’d hate to make JM’s printer run out of ink, I’m considerate like that ;) So just a few quick ones:

Thanks again Sideboard Bob for the trophies, and thanks to Kachoochoo for helping out with the Missed Deadline award (and for your excellent chronicling of the to do list.)

Last but not least I want to throw in a thank(space) you to traumatised sideboard for making me laugh so often. Slopbot is incredible, I love the new branding! http://www.slopbot.com/

And to each and every one of you on the JM threads: Take care of yourselves, have a wonderful festive season, and keep being your wonderful funny selves. You, the fraus, are what make these threads great. Each and every one of you contributes something to the experience in your own unique way.

Now fuck off :) x

Do let me know if anything is broken or poorly formatted! :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 199

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
Thank you all for the kind words, marriage proposals (and a medal! 🏅 I shall wear it for the queen's speech ;) )

I really hated the idea of it being a letdown larder to you all and that spurred me to work harder on it. Nice to be able to give back something to a wonderful group of people who have helped brighten some of the darkest days.

Right, I'm off to grunk #119 Im only up to that dismal xmas dinner she made out of lard, peelings and Terry the sparrow. Still unsure if she has literally 'gone viral' yet so it's very suspenseful!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 122
400 people voted in the sloppies, meaning it would have honestly been better for Hellman’s to sponsor it over her ~130 viewer lives 😫😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 114

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
Now that I can see screenshots I have 120 pages of receipts to catch up on!

Just off to tell my supervisors that they can expect my thesis some time in 2024.

Edit - THREADS not pages

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 114

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Congratulations to @Hollaaa for the thread title! 🎉 Your prize: front-row seats and tickets to The Sloppies after party (which is in Southend).

Recap of thread #119
  1. She got the ‘Rona.
  2. She’s been ‘practically ~ neurotic ~ about staying safe ... and there’s no point trying to identify where it came from.’
  3. She wasn’t going to ‘share every gritty detail’ but then ... she just couldn’t help herself.
  4. Fever Dream Jack listed all of her childhood comfort foods. And I mean all of them. No stone was left unturned by her forensic mind. Head cheese featured. Head cheese.
  5. She came to the attention of an academic mailing list. Screenshot here, with permission of email author.
  6. [*]
    For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
    Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’
    ‘I did a chaos’
    ‘My maverick brain’
    ‘My sad little face’
    ‘I’m BUSY’
    ‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’
    ‘I laughed up a lung’

** NEW **
    ‘Literally hella embarrassed AF’ about ‘Brexit and flip-flopping Covid flippancy’ and she ‘didn’t even vote for it’.

She likes to describe herself as ‘puppyishly honest and naively enthusiastic’

As of late November 2020, Jack conceded she is not poor, but living to a budget as she is saving for a forever home for her and SB.

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now fuck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to fuck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
    • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
    • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
    • Her dad's a fucking LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
    • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
    • ** NEW ** However, during Lockdown 2 (November 2020), a bubble buddy, ‘buddle’ (BB) came to stay with Jack. BB is pescatarian, cycles 200 miles a week, and works in London. Jack is teaching her to cook, while also using her as a figure of gentle ridicule. She cannot cook, she cannot iron, she cannot clean the television properly, she left the hose out and it got eaten by a fox, and she doesn’t know the difference between wet and dry ingredients.
    • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
    • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
    • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
    • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
    • She recently claimed she found her Burberry scarf in a muddy puddle.
    [*][*][*]
    Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Lastly, but importantly, when submitting ideas for the next thread title, please use the words ‘thread title’, as it makes it easier to search. Just using the number won’t be enough. We also can’t have swears in the title, and try to hold off until around p. 40 for your suggestions, if possible. ThankYOU.
    [*][*][*][*]

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 94

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
@Switchstreetz

@kachoochoo

@traumatised sideboard

Would you be so kind as to mention charities that mean a lot to you?

I would love to donate anonymously to honour the hilarity you have provided. You would never know (sadly) and so would miss out on dopamine hits, but I am sure that is a price you would be willing to pay.
I'm honestly really touched Scarlet 🥺

If you wanted to make a donation to the Trussell trust I think that would be a lovely thing to do. I'm so lucky in that I've never been in a situation where I've had to use a food bank myself, but I always try to support them - especially round Xmas. The Trussell Trust food banks were an absolute lifeline for some of the families I spoke to when I worked with people in financial difficulty. It's horrendous that they're even needed in this day and age, but so glad they're there.

• Heart
Reactions: 92

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
I know this isn’t food & drink, but just had to show Cack what a proper Yorkie looks like. Had to zoom right in as my plates are v 🔺. They’re about 3 inches tall.
DEBFC998-112A-4466-93BD-77A7282B4B49.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 89
I'm ready for The Sloppies. The only part of my outfit I joked about was the cat mask. I know genuinely getting dressed up is very sad but there have been no events or nice restaurants to go to this year and frankly I've been looking for an excuse to wear my fanciest clothes around the house since the first lockdown. Now get to absolute fuck.

20201218_1954245.jpg

Thank you so @Switchstreetz much, @Switchstreetz for your hard work. A triumph. Here's a medal, you can print it out and put it on any one of your three fridges🥇

ETA: I even got to spit my cigar out at a bird in traaazers, honestly this could not have been a greater success.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 88

HarderFaster

VIP Member
Has anyone reported her undeclared Del Monte ads to the ASA because I’m all over if not. The absolute gall of her to advise people to use lard but spend over the odds on tinned fruit. Despicable.

I’ve just donated to a local charity which helps refugees and asylum seekers once they turn 18. They weren’t even on my radar before so thanks to the Frauen Charity Drive for making me look up causes in my area.

• Heart
Reactions: 87

Harrybosch

VIP Member
December 7: important meeting in designer blazer
December 12: buys several copies of the Express wearing a facemask to maintain anonymity
December 18: has been self isolating for over a week

@LennyBriscoe , this timeline doesn't add up. Call her in for an interview, partner.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83

Jumpstart

It's annoying (but inevitable) that she 'has' Covid. Her nonsense has been such sweet relief from having to think about it all the bloody time.

Sending love to all my fellow Tier 4 friends. Especially those who are having to tackle the shops today because they were expecting to be fed elsewhere.

You're all doing very well - Avec courage ❤
We are now tier 4. Means I won’t be able to see my mum on what will probably be her last Christmas. Thanks to people like Jack who’ve been here there and everywhere. I am beyond words

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 83

NP

VIP Member
The temperature has risen then🙄
C31FBFB6-306E-4A11-AC53-C1E49A377CAF.jpeg
“Why isn’t every single one of you blowing smoke up my arse, when I have done something so selfless by cooking a shit roast dinner that I was paid to do by the Express a week ago, that I have now reproduced on my website filled with adverts to make even more money? I’ve also been so helpful to put an affiliate link for you buy my books under the tiny mention of the charity I’m working with.”

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 82