Jack Monroe #120 Jack and trace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone reported her undeclared Del Monte ads to the ASA because I’m all over if not. The absolute gall of her to advise people to use lard but spend over the odds on tinned fruit. Despicable.

I’ve just donated to a local charity which helps refugees and asylum seekers once they turn 18. They weren’t even on my radar before so thanks to the Frauen Charity Drive for making me look up causes in my area.

• Heart
Reactions: 87
I've just seen that pile on. It is horrible, Jack must be loving it.
Thing is, it wasn't a horrible comment. The whole post was about how nice it looked, but not sure about the lard.
There's 58 responses. All as horrible as this one. Oh, and Jack replied in a pass ag way, which has only fuelled the Flying Monkeys.
But hey, hashtag Be Kind and all that.
(oh and in the same comments thread she said she's had a temperature of 106 for over a week. Surely she'd be dead or something?)
Apologies for quoting myself, but i made a teeny error.
The original comment was actually one saying that it was sad in this day people have to scrimp on food, not the one about the food being nice.
Still a harmless comment though and undeserving of the abuse

• Sad
Reactions: 28
@Switchstreetz , the sloppies were wonderful 🤗. Will this be a annual event by any chance ? Lots of the supermarket have offers on big bags of vegetables just now so why is Mackie not showing this ? I will be putting some extra treats in the foodbank basket when we go for shopping next week as a thankyou 🤭. What would the cabal recommend me putting in ?

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Jack walks miles and miles to save pennies but at the same time going to any of the three aldi's in Southend to save money is not possible 🤪

All these mentions of Del Monte and sneaky product placement in her pics - shouldn’t these be marked as #AD as she is paid by them?

I thought the ASA were cracking down on ‘influencers’ who do dodgy promotions with #gifted goods.
The asa don't have the resources to even regulate 0.01% of ads on social media. So they do something performative every couple of months to give the illusion that they're on top of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I was so tempted to send my alt into play on that post last night but Tattle rules and all that 😇

I've just seen that pile on. It is horrible, Jack must be loving it.
Thing is, it wasn't a horrible comment. The whole post was about how nice it looked, but not sure about the lard.
There's 58 responses. All as horrible as this one. Oh, and Jack replied in a pass ag way, which has only fuelled the Flying Monkeys.
But hey, hashtag Be Kind and all that.
(oh and in the same comments thread she said she's had a temperature of 106 for over a week. Surely she'd be dead or something?)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It’s so on-brand for Jack to complain that her life is made hell by trolls but let her fans pile on someone who expresses incredibly minor dissent.

She is a horrible, horrible person.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 58
It’s so on-brand for Jack to complain that her life is made hell by trolls but let her fans pile on someone who expresses incredibly minor dissent.

She is a horrible, horrible person.
Ugh, she is just horrible.
Also, on that post's comments there's lots of 'ignore the horrible comments and haters Jack' and 'You are single handedly saving the Covid crisis so rise above all the nastiness' etc etc
But i can't see any nasty posts? Do these people have eyes? Are they seeing things I'm not?
Seriously, not even one. It genuinely is like a cult.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
On FB a squiggle made a comment that she wouldn’t use lard in a Christmas dinner. The flying monkeys were not happy and proceeded to insult her looks and her haircut.

Ugh, she is just horrible.
Also, on that post's comments there's lots of 'ignore the horrible comments and haters Jack' and 'You are single handedly saving the Covid crisis so rise above all the nastiness' etc etc
But i can't see any nasty posts? Do these people have eyes? Are they seeing things I'm not?
Seriously, not even one. It genuinely is like a cult.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
On FB a squiggle made a comment that she wouldn’t use lard in a Christmas dinner. The flying monkeys were not happy and proceeded to insult her looks and her haircut.
And Jack allows this and even implicitly encourages it. She is an absolute horror.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Truly I picked an auspicious time to get an account. The Sloppies are an absolute triumph.
I hope I didn't miss an afterparty, I was busy crying at The Mandalorian.

Edit - I was BUSY. Sorry, need to get with the lingo.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I can’t believe people are thick enough to think that she’s forensically created that ugly roast dinner whilst dying of Covid. 1, I don’t think she has Covid. 2, she made it all before the express article and is just editing it up and posting. 3, not one of those holier than thou squiggles is actually going to make that manky dinner. 4, it’s too close to Christmas and requires trips to two different shops to follow the recipe to the letter.

I don’t know about physical shops, but my delivery options (Ocado 🤷‍♀️) have run out of meat, you can’t add any now if you haven’t pre-ordered. I don’t think people on a strict budget can leave it to chance. Next time a blue ticker is fawning over her insipid roast, perhaps someone can ask them if they’ll be following it, if it’s is great and all that!

Reactions: 33
The problem is she herself is an enabler. She may not sling the mud but by not speaking to her fans and telling them to stop she is enabling them to bully. Enablers in my opinion are nearly as bad if not worse than a bully. She should really tell her fanatics to stop picking on people in her name it makes her look awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I can’t believe people are thick enough to think that she’s forensically created that ugly roast dinner whilst dying of Covid. 1, I don’t think she has Covid. 2, she made it all before the express article and is just editing it up and posting. 3, not one of those holier than thou squiggles is actually going to make that manky dinner. 4, it’s too close to Christmas and requires trips to two different shops to follow the recipe to the letter.

I don’t know about physical shops, but my delivery options (Ocado 🤷‍♀️) have run out of meat, you can’t add any now if you haven’t pre-ordered. I don’t think people on a strict budget can leave it to chance. Next time a blue ticker is fawning over her insipid roast, perhaps someone can ask them if they’ll be following it, if it’s is great and all that!
Run out of MEAT?... FFS, it’s gone to tit hasn’t it. My mother won’t have helped. She panic bought a turkey in September (not joking) and last week told me on zoom that she has bought another one, just in case they don’t have one at Easter. They are only in tier 1.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
So I hope you don’t mind Cabel but a local restaurant to me is making up Christmas dinners for families that are struggling and for anyone on their own this Christmas so my donation went to them. Thank you to everyone that has donated I’m feeling quite emotional seeing them all.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
Run out of MEAT?... FFS, it’s gone to tit hasn’t it. My mother won’t have helped. She panic bought a turkey in September (not joking) and last week told me on zoom that she has bought another one, just in case they don’t have one at Easter. They are only in tier 1.
I wouldn’t worry - they’ll be out of stuff to pre-order but there will still be loads on the shelves. It’s in their interest to get you to go into the shop because you’ll see tasty things and buy them on impulse (I’m the retail equivalent of Don Draper’s wet dream here: went to Morrisons the other day for leeks and came out with a bleeping lobster, cheese shaped like a Christmas tree, and duck and truffle pâté. If I go quiet in the next few days it’s because I’ve died from gout).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.