Jack Monroe #117 Exit through the grift slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm reading through the article again and whilst Jack doesn't specify that every ingredient is the cheapest possible I think it's very much implied. I think The Express are breaking ASA rule 2.1 - marketing communications must be obviously identifiable as such and 2.4 - marketers and publishers must make clear that advertorials are marketing communications; for example, by heading them "advertisement feature".

PS. Yes, I am VERY fun at parties

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
Now that she's knitting a square for each sober day, how long before she gets bored of the tediousness of having to join them, and blames Cooper for running off with her stash?
I give it three days max.

Why the hell Jack would decide to make this grand statement of sobriety some seven hundred days in is crazy enough (yes, I know she said she relapsed a while ago 🤷‍♀️) but there’s no way this crazy ADHD maverick will have the self discipline to knit a square every single day.

Still, it’s a GREAT way to bring the conversation back to her 200 units a week days, isn’t it? She hasn’t talked about alcoholism for ages...

Reactions: 34
THAT MAN is currently on Ch4 doing “Keep cooking at Xmas”. I swear he just made reference to a ‘standard’ turkey. Shade? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Can @MancBee or anyone else with the paper please upload full page photos if possible? I'm putting together a complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority.
My last effort was awful, let's try again.

Front cover
16078010781208683631051607373362.jpg

Page 2 and 3. All about Jack.
16078011643611038520592520362440.jpg
16078011851097833837153425378178.jpg

Page 3 and 4. The meal plan.
16078012547433697366979396807247.jpg
1607801272588814026382556583416.jpg
16078012904338914894556536591410.jpg

Shopping list and final part of menus.
1607801347914559132400134168767.jpg
16078013612591463858442109717840.jpg
16078013744882909538283099947110.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
I'm reading through the article again and whilst Jack doesn't specify that every ingredient is the cheapest possible I think it's very much implied. I think The Express are breaking ASA rule 2.1 - marketing communications must be obviously identifiable as such and 2.4 - marketers and publishers must make clear that advertorials are marketing communications; for example, by heading them "advertisement feature".

PS. Yes, I am VERY fun at parties
EpCccG2XcAEIyzs.jpg

EpCci5qXcAACVyW.jpg

For full size versions click here:

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I know I said I hoped glass-blowing or basket-weaving Jack would appear but now that knitting Jack is here I regret saying anything.

That article had me snorting like one of the unfortunate pigs that became entombed in cheap bacon and turned into charcoal briquettes in the oven as a sacrifice to the Dark Slop Lord. Absolutely obscene display of Christmas-ruining incompetence. Our finest satirists couldn't possibly have written anything better than that introductory origin story spiel. Also if you're going to keep hoarding mushrooms, why not use them to make mushroom gravy so the poor vegan at your dinner table doesn't have to choke down a weird sloppy yet dry as duck mandarin bread loaf?

Actually, on the subject of that 'packed with protein' stuffing roast: if it's split between six, that's about 6g protein per serving. For reference, the average sedentary woman requires about 46g of protein per day. If you're doing pescatarian bodybuilding, it's closer to 100g. A fine example of her not having a clue about macronutrients. Or micronutrients. Any kind of nutrients, really.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Why?
Prawns die.
I cry.
Why?
Omg this has ended me. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Also this whole article is ridiculous. I wonder how much any adults in her life (father?) may have reveled in a “gifted” diagnosis? Her grandiosity is embarrassing.

In parenting circles you definitely have some parents who go on and on about how gifted their kids are (newsflash, they never actually are—it’s a fuel for the parent’s ego).

Also—she can’t properly cook and complicates everything!

And furthermore you’re telling me her incredibly sweet and generous mother wouldn’t have helped her hungry child. Absolute bleeping bullshit. There are some people who can’t ask help from parents—I don’t believe for a second that was the case here.

Urggggghhh!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Except that it does NOT contain unnecessary details- they are all in it for a reason..to establish a weird bond and narrative and fake inside look.
Strange only that with such a lovely and close-knit family she suffered from poverty and did not have enough to eat.

To be clear for non-coven readers: People should not have to rely on their families, everyone should be able to feed themselves based on benefit, no exceptions allowed.

Oh, and I think the very tiring long trek to Asda was because she wants to get a deal with them. Why would she mention them so often?
Quoting my own post to say that I was not lecturing you, @NoseyParkour , I hope it did not come across that way. Just a shouty, rambling, angry Scamsandwich.
Not necessary to ever tell a Frau something they could not figure out for themselves.

A tattoo explanation. Of course it was to do with an ex and probably a passive aggressive way of provoking them into contacting her. She is such a narcissist, I don’t know how the squiggles can’t put two and two together 🙄

View attachment 344299

Ps. Except some passive aggressive tweet about the state of her nails at some point - as soon as she Grunka’s.
she does not have to explain she is no Alpha.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
To be fair I thought it was some sort of horseshoe.
A nod to her Traveller heritage or whatever she claims she is today.

ETA.. But now she is with The Express, that'll be sanitised from her timelines.
Babe, same x
And whatever it is, it is so bloody tacky.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.