Jack Monroe #117 Exit through the grift slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
200g of prawns for four people?! Is that normal portion size? No wonder I'm such a fatty!
The article suggests the menu is meant to feed six! So that would be about 33g of prawns each. Not worth the effort.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
I give it three days max.

Why the hell Jack would decide to make this grand statement of sobriety some seven hundred days in is crazy enough (yes, I know she said she relapsed a while ago 🤷‍♀️) but there’s no way this crazy ADHD maverick will have the self discipline to knit a square every single day.

Still, it’s a GREAT way to bring the conversation back to her 200 units a week days, isn’t it? She hasn’t talked about alcoholism for ages...
It FEELS like ages, but in Jack land it was probably about a week ago the alcoholism was last on rotation.

Reactions: 21
Except that it does NOT contain unnecessary details- they are all in it for a reason..to establish a weird bond and narrative and fake inside look.
Strange only that with such a lovely and close-knit family she suffered from poverty and did not have enough to eat.

To be clear for non-coven readers: People should not have to rely on their families, everyone should be able to feed themselves based on benefit, no exceptions allowed.

Oh, and I think the very tiring long trek to Asda was because she wants to get a deal with them. Why would she mention them so often?
To be fair, I could see her in an ad campaign with Asda - as the face of hole sausages. Since she obviously loves to stuff those noxious things into her kid. 🤢

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
No wonder Jack foregoes any morals or political activism in order to write for the Express when a few months ago they wrote this article as to why six squiggles and her own ego think she should have got Jamie Oliver’s show which his people pitched to tv executives and won a deal for. Not the Jack narrative that she was on the shortlist.

053B59B3-3199-4807-85CF-4153BB0CF522.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
My last effort was awful, let's try again.

Front coverView attachment 344467

Page 2 and 3. All about Jack.View attachment 344470View attachment 344472

Page 3 and 4. The meal plan.View attachment 344476View attachment 344478View attachment 344479

Shopping list and final part of menus.View attachment 344484View attachment 344486View attachment 344487
So absolutely no mention of her promoting Del Monte then?
Scamming witch.

Also, I never realised what a big spread this was. I thought it was just a one page thing.
Hmm, something that takes up all those VERY EXPENSIVE pages and yet the Express hasn't promoted it at all? No mention whatsoever for those VERY EXPENSIVE pages? Not even a tweet tagging her?
Just think how VERY EXPENSIVE it was to have those pages used up by someone who goes against everything their 'newspaper' stands for?

I mean, if I were a cynical Frau (and I really am) I might suggest that the Express had duck all to do with this 'collaboration'. I might suggest (and is just a suggestion M'lud) that a huge, multi national tinned pineapple company paid to take out those VERY EXPENSIVE pages as an undeclared advert?

Oh duck it, I'm a bottle of wine in... Jack,imo, is not working with the paper and has scant dealings with the barely mentioned charity. She announced a sign up with Del Monte but has yet to produce any content. She has a four page spread in a newspaper that is boderline fascist which is apparently against everything she stands for.
She memtions in passing the brand she os now an ambassador for...

Sell Out is not the term. Cheat, liar and Charlatan is far more appropriate.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
Christ, The Express is like a Monroe goldmine, look at this little piece of genius by her. Ten tips to cut down on your food shop....stating the obvious 101.

”Don’t serve more than necessary” Okay Jack, I deliberately put more food on everyone’s plate as I LOVE to waste money.

BC1E9C45-964D-4CE7-BE49-E2B8C0E775FD.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
Christ, The Express is like a Monroe goldmine, look at this little piece of genius by her. Ten tips to cut down on your food shop....stating the obvious 101.

”Don’t serve more than necessary” Okay Jack, I deliberately put more food on everyone’s plate as I LOVE to waste money.

View attachment 344632
What hold does she have over this publication and the Guardian?

There is nothing else to say other than

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.
Maybe her (dead) Grandfather owns The Express too and Edwina figured it out and that’s why Jack didn’t answer her back and afterwards sat seething writing a letter 😂 #conspiracy101

• Haha

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.
The Guardian? God knows.
The Express? They had no clue they were im 'collaboration' with her.
That's why the whole spiel was so florid and galling. That's why there were so many spelling mistakes. That's why there is no journo name attached to the article. That's why there is no mention of her on the website or their SM accounts. That's why the whole thing is 'Potatoes' regurgitated. That's why she hasn't tagged The Express in any of her tweets like she did GQ.
The Express didn't know anything about it. Their people didn't write it, the man in the white suit wrote it.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
The article suggests the menu is meant to feed six! So that would be about 33g of prawns each. Not worth the effort.
It’s a new Christmas game for the poor people - hunt the prawn in the prawn cocktail.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
The “I want to be Nigella when I grow up” thing is also ridiculous and embarrassing. As if she is so ickle and young. FFS Jack, you are THIRTY TWO YEARS OLD. The growing up really should have happened by now. When Nigella was your age, she already had a journalism career and TV under her belt, as well as books.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I didn’t read it in a shouty tone dear @ScamSandwich and knew exactly how you meant it ❤ We all know she provides her backstory in everything to garner sympathy and money. Grifters gotta grift.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

View attachment 344632
Seriously though this is legit the most patronising tit in the world and honestly reads like something horrid Priti Patel would write for UC claimants it’s vomit worthy.

Imagine being an exhausted woman working a proper job out the home, with properly young kids, in overcrowded housing being told this shite? You must spend hours walking to save pennies, don’t eat meat you’re poor love, and btw find the time to take in online orders when you’re never home and have fun storing 36 loo rolls in your damp 2 bed flat? She’s such a bleep I despair.

• Sad
Reactions: 60
Wow. In those interviews with Christine Ohuruogu and Jenny Agutter, they both actually centre the work of the St Giles Trust.
Whereas in Jack’s huge spread, this (see pic) is the sum total of what she says - and I don’t even understand the non sequitur about her appearances at housing conferences and why this is in any way relevant.
She’s not bothered about the charity. It’s the very briefest of acknowledgments and then she’s back to “can we talk about me again, aren’t I marvellous, I’m a genius you know, me me me me me, I never get bored of talking about ME and nor should you”. She’s bleeping unbelievable.
If she had any self-awareness at all she would be truly embarrassed.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
How would people feel if I made an online form (similar but obviously inferior to The Sloppies) where people could post their perfections for Jack's antics in 2021? Usernames could be optional. I could then reveal whenever a prediction comes true.

Or we could post them on here but then Jack would see them.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.