Jack Monroe #117 Exit through the grift slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow, Manc you, thank you very Manc much @MancBee , like everyone’s said, you’ve gone above and beyond!
The article is so badly edited even the express can’t keep her story straight, in one paragraph she LEFT her job, in another, she lost it!?

I don’t know enough about autism to comment on that side of it, but when she says that her ADHD makes her distractible and her autism means she can hyper-focus on certain things.... oh give me strength!!! ADHD is different for everyone, but hyper-focus is a part of ADHD too, she *should* know that right?

As so many of you have pointed out, her image has been kind of been “Expressified” for this feature, with mentions of the Queen, church, and all the family stories. I also find it interesting that there‘s not a single mention of her being a lesbian or any of her female ex-partners (not that there should ever be any need for her sexually to be mentioned, it’s just usually there in her Jack-By-Numbers story in most interviews).

Sorry for that rant, her jumper‘s nIce though!
F2CD9F5F-FD20-4617-A9BD-5DEB8D774C57.jpeg

D4283A85-7239-4595-A7C3-506E81D025CE.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Yep. I know this.
It's just that tattoo is so tit.

ETA.. I think they are some sort of Methodist/Baptist family though.
I remember reading something about it when she was a "Sunday School" teacher.
Edited to add that her grandfather's obit mentions the church.
Jack is/was very much a happy clappy evangelical Christian. Obviously that was then and this is now so, by Jack rules, she could be full on Mormon by now..

Apologies for being flippant about religion, I'm not mocking it, nor am I taking the piss out of anyone's faith. But she, like every Narc I've ever met, has used Church and faith to gather in the sycophants and rise superior over others.
She used to lead the flock at Greenbelt, a Christian festival. A couple of dozen threads ago we found the receipts from a Greenbelt blog. In said blog was when Jack declared herself the inspiration for 'I, Daniel Blake'. The writer of the article described one of her onstage sermons as an actual miracle and declared Jack as a prophet.
I tit you not. This actually happened.
She actually thinks she is a gift from god.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
🕵️‍♀️ Aptamil in the food bank box in 2012
I don’t think I ever read her ‘origin’ story before i first heard of her when there were rumblings of questions around her authenticity and after reading that now I’m def calling bullshit

Reactions: 17
Can @MancBee or anyone else with the paper please upload full page photos if possible? I'm putting together a complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I agree with Moo Bell and wasn’t very clear in my post -apologies to the 21st most relevant lesbian in Munster (and top 1% of comedy Fraus) Turned Up In Tipp
The omega thing is more religion cosplay. She has Greek heritage, she got it after a breakup. She knows it means “the end”. She’s not even Orthodox. Anyway I’m sure she’s busy lighting her menorah- oh no we have Lard Jack now so maybe not.

Reactions: 28
Can @MancBee or anyone else with the paper please upload full page photos if possible? I'm putting together a complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority.
if you go to the Express website and scroll all the way down to the bottom you can get a copy of the actual newspaper downloaded.

I spent the afternoon waiting for one of the mini moos to finish a dance lesson and looked at the website trying to find any trace of Jack. There still isn't any mention of her on there.

I clearly have way too much time on my hands...

Reactions: 21
Now that she's knitting a square for each sober day, how long before she gets bored of the tediousness of having to join them, and blames Cooper for running off with her stash?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Jack is/was very much a happy clappy evangelical Christian. Obviously that was then and this is now so, by Jack rules, she could be full on Mormon by now..

Apologies for being flippant about religion, I'm not mocking it, nor am I taking the piss out of anyone's faith. But she, like every Narc I've ever met, has used Church and faith to gather in the sycophants and rise superior over others.
She used to lead the flock at Greenbelt, a Christian festival. A couple of dozen threads ago we found the receipts from a Greenbelt blog. In said blog was when Jack declared herself the inspiration for 'I, Daniel Blake'. The writer of the article described one of her onstage sermons as an actual miracle and declared Jack as a prophet.
I tit you not. This actually happened.
She actually thinks she is a gift from god.
I just had a read of the Greenbelt write up of her festival appearance and this bit made me laugh: "Jack came back with the idea of calling their talk, I was hungry and thirsty". Of course she bloody did 😂.

Screenshot_20201212-185222~2.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
if you go to the Express website and scroll all the way down to the bottom you can get a copy of the actual newspaper downloaded.

I spent the afternoon waiting for one of the mini moos to finish a dance lesson and looked at the website trying to find any trace of Jack. There still isn't any mention of her on there.

I clearly have way too much time on my hands...
Ahh thank you but unless I'm missing something it looks like you have to pay to see the full edition?

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I’m sorry on a grunka and not quite caught up ! Why is this even a thing ? Christmas dinner is essentially a Sunday roast ( with maybe a starter ) I feed 5 on a regular Basis with this kind of £ it’s called aldi !!! Ffs sign me up for an article ! I get what she says about adding up as you go around the shop but I don’t think I’ve ever not done that as 3 big kids to cook for and we like to go on holidays so all my money gets directed to that - growing up we never had much money and even tho my mum isn’t the best cook she never provided the absolute shite that jack serves up ! Also my hubs nan the generation who were born before WW2 and always had nothing and appreciated everything cooked practical delicious meals from nothing so why oh why is she the poster child of this ! 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I just want to know why and how she keeps getting published. Is she paying the agent to get her work?

Reactions: 21
FYI i just bought everything for a Christmas dinner for mine and mr C's Christmas (we spend it separately with our families so have fake Christmas day together beforehand) from tescos....came to £17.86. Would have been cheaper but I threw a box of lindor in too cos I'm a greedy goblin

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.