Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Falkor

VIP Member
Ooh yes I want to see Loppy! I hope the sheep have been ushered away from the horse food now that @Falkor is talking to them again
Debatable - coming to you live from a field on the north coast of Scotland where I've patched 5 out of 11 nibbled bales and am now waiting for my second roll of silage tape to warm up under my jacket!

20201119_102407.jpg

Anyway, this is Loppy.

20201119_100001_capture.jpg

She's the last of 3 pet sheep given to me by a neighbour who was moving away and couldn't take them with her, she's about 12 now. I think every winter it's going to be her last and every year she proves me wrong!

She and Nibbles are best mates.
20201119_095940_capture.jpg

And the last named sheep is my flock leader, April. She's hard to photograph because she's always trying to get into my pockets. You might say she's a greedy goblin ;)
20201119_095658.jpg

She's only two, but she's bright and inquisitive and the rest will happily follow her everywhere.

It's now hailing, so I'm going to get the rest of these bales done before it gets much worse!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 153

TVC15

Hello 👋 I’m new here. A Canadian insomniac who has ended up following loads of UK people. And reads the Guardian all day. I managed to figure this place out and read all of #31 while not sleeping last night. Yikes.

Thank you all for the laughs and for being human. I’m a bit stunned by the humanity here. I’m not a lawyer, but I did read some libel cases before dropping out of law school. The idea of JM suing people on this forum is absurd for many reasons. I hope no one is worried about that.

I’m genuinely “skint” (am I using that right?), and have never bought a cookbook or donated money, but I was a fan and I still wish good things for JM. I guess I’m like a lot of people here. The posts and overexposure on Twitter started getting under my skin. Like, how the hell are you begging in the spring? You can’t afford butter? I don’t care if your job is making budget recipes — don’t pretend you can’t afford butter when you can afford butter.

Well, you all really covered it nicely. I have a couple wannabe influencer cousins who write in the same self-satisfying/self-deprecating/infinite-wisdom-by-age-30 tone and it is grating. That desk pic is a god damn HOOT. Honestly not sure I can stick around here much because, again, YIKES!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 128

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Anyway I triangulated that kitchen in 30 seconds and she's gonna be on Doctor Rupy's show :rolleyes: - good job keeping it a secret Jack ya big melt :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 123

Falkor

VIP Member
@Jay-cloth Cow Nae coos here I'm afraid - a friend in the next village has a few Highlands, one of which has an upside-down horn that she passes onto all of her offspring. I don't have a picture, but she quite often gets photographed by tourists on the North Coast 500 route, so if you search Instagram for #nc500 and #cow or #highlandcow or #coo or similar, she'll probably come up :)

Foot all better for the moment, but it's so wet it'll probably come back :( I had to go and get them all in off the common grazings on Monday because their boyfriend is arriving next week and bless them, they all came running when they saw me with a bucket and followed me back to the village in an orderly procession (about a mile walk).

20201116_142702.jpg

Sorry, I'll stop derailing the Jack chat now!

• Heart
Reactions: 110

Falkor

VIP Member
@Falkor I like your neat list, on graph paper, very much. May I ask, without triangulating you, who is "Nibbles"?

Also, I'm surprised at Jackie using Vistaprint. They're a perfectly good printer, but my experience of them is that there are so many add ons to the cost, and they take forever unless you pay for expedited service.

It seems like the choice of someone who's just done a quick Google of "printed postcards".

These cards are just never going to happen...
Thank you!

This is Nibbles :) She had a touch of scald, which sort of a sheep version of athlete's foot and can get pretty painful for them, so she was having her foot treated daily with an antibiotic spray. Fortunately she's the tamest of the lot, hence she has a name - she likes to walk up to me and chew on the pocket she knows I usually have a few ewe rolls in to get me to give her one.

20201102_155812.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 107

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Congratulations to @Smeghead for the thread title! An audacious 118 reactions 🎉 Pat on the back for you, you little finger of fun.

Recap of thread #105

1. She woke in the middle of the night, and banged her shin. She wailed to the moon, BB fobbed her off, so she decided to list all of her meagre assets (including some Viv W traazers, natch).
  2. She can’t sell her ‘cursed engagement’ rings because of her ‘stupidly small finger’. 🙄
  3. She made a vegan Christmas loaf. Just cos it contains tinned mandarins doesn’t mean it’s festive, Jack.
  4. Good moorrrning, Southend! Report from the bungalow. Ouchy tooth is the ailment of the day. She honestly must spin a wheel.
  5. Her face was so swollen, y’all.
  6. She made a preposterously disgusting sandwich. Someone told her to put it in the bin. Shan’t!
  7. She’s so zany she drinks water out of vases, wears cat socks and does her sums with wooden calculators.
  8. She also revealed a snippet of scathing essay about Dominic Cummings.
  9. She has hypothesised herself.
  10. She shared her relapse story. Apparently a picture of Humpty Dumpty holding a spoon will show her the way.
  11. She has a filming job with the BBC this week. But she looks like she’s been ‘punched in the jaw’. Glow up time!
  12. Oh dear, she’s being stalked again by a group of people who discuss her online. Mom doesn’t have this problem. People didn’t discuss where she lives. She’s TIRED. Well go to bed then, Jack by gaslight.
  13. She still has the tooth ‘owies’.
  14. Never mind all that, she’s made a sensational bacon and banana porridge thing. Everyone’s having a sniff.
  15. [*]
    For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
    Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’
    ‘I did a chaos’
    ‘My maverick brain’
    ‘My sad little face’
    ‘I’m BUSY’
    ‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’
    ‘I laughed up a lung’
    **New**
    ‘Literally hella embarrassed AF’ about ‘Brexit and flip-flopping Covid flippancy and she ‘didn’t even vote for it’
    She likes to describe herself as ‘puppyishly honest and naively enthusiastic’

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now fuck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to fuck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
    • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
    • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
    • Her dad's a fucking LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
    • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
    • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
    • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
    • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
    • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
    • She recently claimed she found her Burberry scarf in a muddy puddle.
    [*]
    Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Lastly, but importantly, when submitting ideas for the next thread title, please use the words ‘thread title’, as it makes it easier to search. Just using the number won’t be enough. We also can’t have swears in the title, and try to hold off until around p. 40 for your suggestions, if possible. ThankYOU.
    [*][*]

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 106

Dogmuck

VIP Member
Catching up, but just wanted to repeat something I’ve said before to reassure anyone worried about Jack and legal action.

In law there are simple sayings know as equitable maxims, they succinctly set out the general principles and are a check and balance for common law.
They basically serve as a warning for people who want to bring a legal action to look at their own conduct and behaviour too. One of the main well know maxims is...He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

E544A7A1-1CF6-41F8-AB9B-1FC423A620EF.png

We good!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 102

Smeghead

VIP Member
Eeek! I’ve never won anything in my life! Thank (space) you all so, so much. It means the world to me. I’d like to thank Dave the Greengrocer for his duck eggs and squishy pomegranates; Phil the Pharmacist for all the creams and bandages that help get rid of splinters and heal ouchy fingers; I’d like to thank my writers for all the original material I use on here; and most of all I’d like to thank YOU dear hearts, for bringing a smile to my swollen face every day. Now fuck off, I’m busy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100

gossipgoose

Omg, so glad I found this thread! I find this woman bloody insufferable. So obnoxious. Trying so hard to be a quirky, hard-done-by victim of life whilst lapping up every mercenary moment. And no Jack, nobody is blindly attacking a ‘strong, independent woman’...you’re just a bad person.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 99

Ellabella

VIP Member
Just for the record Jack, we have never doxxed you. So fuck off with your ridiculous claims you no longer feel safe in your home. You are the one who cannot stop Tweeting so much personal info that you may as well have put a 192.com link to your "shitty bungalow".

I will go out on a limb though and say that yes, I was interested in where you live. I have absolutely no intention of ever visiting you though. I'm interested because the lies you've said about it reinforces what a disgusting, manipulative person you are. It's in an upmarket area, it's not shitty, it's large and only someone doing well could afford the rent. It's everything you are trying to hide from those poor Patreon subs you've conned. That's what's keeping you up with fear at night, not the fact one of us might turn up with a nail brush for you.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 97

JJusa69

VIP Member
What in the actual fuck is a
"Penultimate almost-forever house"

I'm at my penultimate almost forever weight.
Ie. I'm still a fat fuck

Sorry, I'm behind. As usual

Now fuck off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97

Scarletfever

VIP Member
Just getting caught up.

Jack, these threads wouldn't exist if you didn't lie about being poor in order to extract money from kind hearted squiggles.

Because of these threads, a kind person who had given you money from their winter fuel allowance got their money back, and despite you claiming it was no-one else's business, it is everyone's business to protect the vulnerable from donating money to someone who doesn't need it. How many squiggles are doing the same?

And you don't need it. You may want it. You may enjoy pissing money away. But that doesn't mean you get to plead poverty when it's all been wasted. That is your issue. Own it and solve it without taking money from others, like the grown adult you are.

No-one here begrudges you making an honest living with your recipes, patreon, books etc.

Delete your tip jar. Stop posting manipulative shit designed to encourage donations. Stop lying about the £20 shop. Fulfil your commitments to your patreons and your publisher, and all those who believe in you.

Actually do your work and earn your money. No-one will criticise you for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 96

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
'Any nuts will do'?! I feel like chestnuts are pretty different from a lot of other nuts? S'pose it's all the same once blended!
You've inspired me to write Jack and the amazing sentient mirror:

I facetuned eyes,
blamed soft pink curtains,
talked shite for certain, and the fraus all knew.

I banged my shin, was howling and weeping
Cause BB was sleeping
Any chaos will do

I wore my scarf, Burberry's finest
Its from a puddle, honest
And the sideboards too!

So in Southend, the dawn was breaking
And the blue ticks waking
Any sleb will do

A gnash of teeth! A spiteful tweet!
My tv screw ups on repeat!
But when i blamed louisa for them,
I was LEFT alooooone

My bungalow, its cold and shitty,
The lasagne's minty
Cause any herb will do

The squiggles eat
Their eucalyptus curry
Yes absolutely
Any herb will do

X

(You'll have to imagine the brambly mice as backing choir)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95