Jack Monroe #105 The slop thickens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does she ever make anything that goes wrong? It is infuriating that just about everything she makes is the most delicious, best ever and it's everyone's favourite. It is never, well this one didn't work, or I liked it but no one else did. Everything she makes is perfect and is universally liked.

People on low income, or reliant on food banks, do not have the luxury of making food that people might not like, as they do not have the food to waste. Her over complicated, recipes, strange flavour combinations and slop with no texture would not be acceptable to most adults, let alone children with less adventurous tastes. But she tells everyone that her creations are loved by everyone.

This weekend I made a ginger and lime cake. It came out like a house brick. Last weeks cake was delicious, this week it was dry as sticks. I haven't wasted it, as I've used some to make a trifle, shared with my neighbours. I am lucky, whilst I am on benefits, I am not on the bread line and so can afford for things to go wrong. However, even I do not like throwing food away.

There's no way I would attempt one of her recipes if I had to guarantee my children would eat it, especially if there is no other food to give them. I would imagine most children would turn their noses up at most of her creations.
Exactly, also for a lot of them, the portion size is so small you would be struggling with enough calories, as for vits mins etc no chance. There is nothing healthy about her food, 🤢

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
If she's got SEVERE toothache and lips chewed down to the nerve, why is she eating a pickle and horseradish sandwich?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 57
Don’t recall seeing ready salted crisps in her fake £20 shop... Buddle must be spoiling her with Tyrells from her frequent forays to Waitrose.
Not sure we've seen pickles either. You'd think she would go through them quite quickly if she has that much (minimum) per sandwich.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Don’t recall seeing ready salted crisps in her fake £20 shop... Buddle must be spoiling her with Tyrells from her frequent forays to Waitrose.
the amount of food she has stored in her larder is obscene. No wonder she could do a 20£ shop, it was just for topping things up a bit. But we all know that.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
He's made such a huge effort and effected so much change, as well. What difference does it make what he does with that money? The time and energy he must have expended in his campaigning is immense. They're literally only picking on him because he is pushing back against what their favourite party's politics dictates is 'right' (spoiler: it's the opposite of. But we all know that.) Poor guy is an easy target for papers like that. I ♥ him and what he's doing, and only hope that the fact he's been in the media spotlight previously has given him the resources to deal with public tit stirring.
100% this. He's using his platform to try and make the world better, and that's entirely separate from earning money at his day job and spending it on property. Perhaps the Daily Fail should start a petition to cut footballers wages if they think this is such newsworthy content? The owner of Amazon can earn billions in the space of a few days off the backs of poorly treated employees but a young lad who grew up in poverty can't buy his mum a house with his wages? Okay 🙄

Out of interest, I'm assuming Jack has been defending her best mate over this? Or maybe she's concerned it'll lead to people taking a look at her own living sitch?

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Is that man with a goldfish bowl head an Umbrella Academy character? Shubunkin Goldfish, aka Carmichael? Next to a naked women having her arse grabbed by a skeleton? Whaaaat?

She really does have the most bizarre.... And tit array of tattoos.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.