Jack Monroe #105 The slop thickens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am not a fan of overnight oats, nothing doesn't entice me more than something left to basically go soggier in the fridge overnight. Plus cold porridge is the stuff of Oliver twist nightmares. Perhaps I am work and they are delicious. I will however bow out gracefully from the breakfast table if presented with this. It's a no from me.
I’m right there with you. The thought of cold, soggy oats makes me feel queasy. Ugh. No thank you.

Reactions: 15
“Carrot milk.... absolutely perfect”

Sung to the theme tune of absolutely flawless.

It’s been done before, it will be done again but when the stars align ......

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
View attachment 311786Busy you say? Jack obliges!
I know I'm late to this party but GAH
1. NOT HEARTY. Any bodybuilder would know they would digest this in lightening speed.
2. Why the mandarins? I would actually prefer this with lentils/mushrooms in it.
3. I used to make a veggie loaf with oats, lentils kidney beans, shredded carrots, whisky and Marmite all blended up (adapted from Hugh F-W) so I know my own brown vegan slop and even then it was middling at best. I was just trying to be bloody festive. Hail Jesu for the fake meat joints.
4. DEEP FRYING. I have questions about the OIL. Is it sieved and stored for future use because that tit is expensive? Same oil as for doughnuts? If I ever deep fry anything (blue moon because I am terrified) I spend ages worrying about what to do with the spent oil as to not be wasteful. Is it factored into the costings??
5. Double.and.triple.tested.

Reactions: 27
She went on about not owning a deep fat fryer because of her firefighter experience and that theh are dangerous. Surely they are safer than using pans of oil? We have a deep fat fryer and use it for yummy things like brie, bajhis, calamari and the occasional mars bar. I was terrified of using hot oil in a pan as you dont have much control. At least an actual fryer controls and regulates the temperature surely?

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I am not a fan of overnight oats, nothing doesn't entice me more than something left to basically go soggier in the fridge overnight. Plus cold porridge is the stuff of Oliver twist nightmares. Perhaps I am work and they are delicious. I will however bow out gracefully from the breakfast table if presented with this. It's a no from me.
I'm with you. Baked oatmeal is gorgeous. Cold, sloppy oats are just not appealing.

Reactions: 8
Just discovered this facebook post when searching her mentions of deep fried food...

To a comment doubting the 'lost 4kg in 8 days claim' she replies 'Nope I definitely meant kg - been tracking it on MyFitnessPal, and even shows a screenshot from her MyFitnessPal profile in another comment.

I dislike her. Claims she's had an ed and wants others to walk on eggshells around her yet doesn't GAF about triggering others.

Also, that's an undeclared affiliate link.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
Morning, Jack. 😂

What this actually means is it's going to be a twitter heavy day for Jack. I'm actually quite impressed she managed to have an entire Sunday off twitter (and without any big announcements either!).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Morning, Jack. 😂

Why the duck did anyone need to know this. Does she think the squiggles sit there in slack-jawed stupor clutching a tin of beans with one hand and battery farmed chicken breast with the other just waiting until St Jack monroe gives them permission to bung it into a curry?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Morning, Jack. 😂

Oh a new Ouchy! Truly we are blessed, how do we think this will play out? No dental treatment due to lockdown with some not so subtle "send money" hints or a two month waiting list for the dentist or she can get to the dentist but it's a journey that involves 9 buses, 4 trains, 1 uber a catamaran and a penny farthing so send money.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Just discovered this facebook post when searching her mentions of deep fried food...

To a comment doubting the 'lost 4kg in 8 days claim' she replies 'Nope I definitely meant kg - been tracking it on MyFitnessPal, and even shows a screenshot from her MyFitnessPal profile in another comment.

I dislike her. Claims she's had an ed and wants others to walk on eggshells around her yet doesn't GAF about triggering others.

Also, that's an undeclared affiliate link.
In my experience of having to track my weight (for sport competitions) that 4kg will have been just big shits.
ETA: Also yes, not my own personal experience but I know ED friends would find this triggering AF

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.