Jack Monroe #106 She’s ‘aving a carafe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm only a thread and a half behind!!!
Excellent face swapping to Lady Di @Alansbigplate and, of course another outing of the glorious "Lady Die' poem.
About 20 years ago we were househunting and viewed a property with a Princess Diana room.
I tit you not. Entire room as a shrine. Her face on the rug, cushions and the walls covered in plates with hrr face on. And the dolls, oh the dolls. Everything from Barbie dolls up to a lifesize mannequin of her.
Creepiest thing I've ever seen
I once viewed a place that had a gigantic oil painting of Maggie Thatcher hanging above the bed, AND another painting of her above the loo! Twas incredible, still think about that house

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
She's letting vampire fanboy know the coast is clear for another soap delivery.
'stalking' seems OK if one brings branded goodies. But questioning her behaviour that she puts out on the internet in abundance is deemed bad.
She knows that nobody on Tattle is stalking her...because it is not true!!! So she is making false claims.
The thing some people can't stand is being challenged. It is not bullying!!! In the past only experts were allowed in the public realm. There is a huge problem these days with influencers etc. that they can just make claims about diet, ways of getting sober and a whole variety of other topics and that people then follow their advice. The recipes she posts are nearly exclusively soft, for example. Poor people should and can eat things that are solid!
There is an influencer who pretented to be on a raw vegan diet that contained LOADS of sugar. She later confessed she ate other food, too but despite that she lost hair and later had to be more careful with what she posted.

I would never have joined a site whose members are plain bullies. This is a form of social control, not a hate site!!
And never ever did I have such an array of luxury items even when I was in full time employment. If you put yourself and too much out there, you have to live with being challenged.
The robot: it could be filed as 'whatever works for you, I am all up for that. If you walk 50 steps backwards while juggling oranges and that works-great! But there have to explanations why it works and just claiming the robot helps could pose a risk.
It is generally fine to include alcohol in your recipes. We don't all want to go puritan but if you have marketed and presented yourself as sober, then you have to be responsible and careful. Alcohol in cooking is a no go for recovering folk. That is a fact. Same applies to children. I could go on and I am obviously not writing this for the intelligent, responsible, knowledgable and lovely Frauen und Herren but for anyone who is reading and would like to enlighten themselves.
Quite an amount of us are very upset because we have experienced poverty first hand.

30 not hot enough for some things
In Covid times it is recommended you wash masks and other textiles with 60°

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Oh dear oh dear oh dear.....

I had a DREAM about Jack and all of us. Paul Hollywood was there too?

She served us chickpea and peach curry on top of a ring of rice with an egg in the middle.
We drank from upcycled tin cans that had Jack stickers on them and the garden was glowing with fairy lights and food pieces and tins and jars strung up by string. Jack wore an apron declaring 'just call me Nigella' and we all laughed heartily. Pudding was a trifle made with Barney bears, ready made chocolate mouse from a pot into the bowl and squirty cream. Non of it vegan. Louisa appeared at the end of the meal like a film star from the crappy bungalow which in my dream was a magnificent mansion, she wore a sequined dress and had waves through her hair. Paul and Jack made an announcement they were collaborating on a book about bread on a budget. Because everyone loves bread and it's so easy to make, with versatility for so many different flavours.

It was the most surreal experience of my life, like falling into a rabbit..... when I woke, i was taken aback! Oh god I've dreamt about Jack and it was a wonderful dream! What does this mean! My poor husband, he told me to stop with this tattle business but I dived back in and it's in my dreams now too! Well. What an experience.
Its like you've gazed into a parallel universe where #31 went very differently 😄

Imagine where jack could be by now if she was nicer and took feedback/tried to improve. The success of miguel barclay shows there's still that huge demand for 'her niche'

• Haha
Reactions: 25
her on a budget is v reminiscent of alexandra stedman of the aptly named frugality, another rich MC girl going on and on online. She says how wE'rE aLl oN a BuDgEt which yes is true, we all ideally want to spend less money than we have coming in (and this is a privileged position to be in!), but to not differentiate that you're not in the same position as someone having to stick to a strict budget for lack of funds is a bit...icky? I know anything to do w personal finance is v divisive so sorry if I offend anyone !
Sorry to take this off on a tangent but have you seen the ‘frugal’ matchboxes she’s selling? £9!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
The thought of Jackie being all up in my N4 endz today makes me feel a bit queasy. 🔺 I wonder, if I open my window and listen carefully, may I hear the distant sound of gnashing and wailing?

She couldn't ever hope to ever make a sandwich as delicious as Max's 'ham, egg & chips', he is an actual proper maverick who loves food and knows how to put flavours together.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
How about we club together and buy a SMAL GRIFTBOTT - body of a duck egg, limbs of cooking bacon, lounges in a hammock on the phone all day, randomly shouts out various ailments?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Oh my days the doodled task list has had me hooting!! What a joke. I like to think that I can procrastinate with the best of them but even I know to crack on with getting stuff done when there are really pressing issues. Especially when it's something you've promised to do for someone else! Book deadline? Patreon postcards? Removing the bazillion Amazon links from your website? I'm flabbergasted that she put all that time into doodling and then presenting it so carefully to Twitter when she could have actually been getting on with some tasks!

She doesn't even need to do a damn list! @kachoochoo has already got one for her!!!!

@Falkor totally with you on the bullet journalling. If you ignore all the Pinterest crap at its heart it's actually a very simple and effective system. 👍🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: 29
@Jay-cloth Cow Nae coos here I'm afraid - a friend in the next village has a few Highlands, one of which has an upside-down horn that she passes onto all of her offspring. I don't have a picture, but she quite often gets photographed by tourists on the North Coast 500 route, so if you search Instagram for #nc500 and #cow or #highlandcow or #coo or similar, she'll probably come up :)

Foot all better for the moment, but it's so wet it'll probably come back :( I had to go and get them all in off the common grazings on Monday because their boyfriend is arriving next week and bless them, they all came running when they saw me with a bucket and followed me back to the village in an orderly procession (about a mile walk).

20201116_142702.jpg

Sorry, I'll stop derailing the Jack chat now!

• Heart
Reactions: 110
@Jay-cloth Cow Nae coos here I'm afraid - a friend in the next village has a few Highlands, one of which has an upside-down horn that she passes onto all of her offspring. I don't have a picture, but she quite often gets photographed by tourists on the North Coast 500 route, so if you search Instagram for #nc500 and #cow or #highlandcow or #coo or similar, she'll probably come up :)

Foot all better for the moment, but it's so wet it'll probably come back :( I had to go and get them all in off the common grazings on Monday because their boyfriend is arriving next week and bless them, they all came running when they saw me with a bucket and followed me back to the village in an orderly procession (about a mile walk).

View attachment 315247

I will search insta!! Glad her foot is better and hopefully it won't return. They are all beautiful and that scenery too 😍 love it!!

I will also stop derailing now #badjaycloth but thanks for sharing!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
View attachment 315019

I'm genuinely cringing at the fact she shared this. It is a lovely gesture but a small one... It just feels very performative? I do try and be fair with Jack and not dislike her for everything honestly!

And a drop in the ocean finance wise when you start weighing up iMacs, Cotswolds.
I was dead certain she wouldn't follow through so I'll hold my hands up on this one!

• Haha
Reactions: 14

View attachment 315247

Now that is a picture I would like above my #notamac computer

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Ohhhhh *raises hand desperate to speak*

I’ve worked out why she’s so obsessed with books this week....

AF83A150-E45B-442C-B6D4-EA0C8660ED7C.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Omg, so glad I found this thread! I find this woman bloody insufferable. So obnoxious. Trying so hard to be a quirky, hard-done-by victim of life whilst lapping up every mercenary moment. And no Jack, nobody is blindly attacking a ‘strong, independent woman’...you’re just a bad person.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 99
View attachment 315019

I'm genuinely cringing at the fact she shared this. It is a lovely gesture but a small one... It just feels very performative? I do try and be fair with Jack and not dislike her for everything honestly!

And a drop in the ocean finance wise when you start weighing up iMacs, Cotswolds.
Another look at me and my good deed performance, PayPal email you when you receive money they’ll know.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Yes very reassuring.
We had this with Sali Hughes when she was shouting about doxxing us and said in her recent radio documentary about Tattle bullies that she had the names, addresses and professions of 30 Tattlers (in a folder - very important) which honestly makes her look weirder than anything anyone ever said about her here.
She didn't have a leg to stand on legally and neither does Jack no matter how much they drop idle threats. Opinion and idle speculation are not illegal.
How is it legal under GDPR to have a folder listing names, addresses and occupations of people who have not given you permission to hold their data and when you do not have a good reason for holding the data?

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
Quick grunka through vampire's tweets and seems to be trying to get a few female celebs addresses under the guise of sending them something like flowers, a book, sculpture. 😐

I really hope Jack does move now, and is more sensible in new house with what she shares, bc im honestly spooked and not sure she's smart enough to stop engaging with him while he's giving her positive attention 😖

Idk why im worrying for her when she'd probably delight in giving him our addresses to put a brick through our windows... but i still don't want her to have to deal with a real stalker, or SB obviously.

I actually am really pleased we don't post addresses or anything on here because even though i know WE would never stalk her, you never know who's lurking on the site 😐 and also cause we're better than that 🙌

________

Love that picture falkor - though i note you didn't use a cartoon filter to protect Nibbles' privacy - so you can expect the poor ewes will soon be triangulated and summoned to court as an accessory to online cyberbullying! 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I love lists, I write them on paper or on a memo on my phone. Just the day's tasks. Appointments go in the calender. Simple but effective. Jack's wallpaper shambles is all over the place. Where is the starting point, where does it end?

Regarding us complaining when she does legit work instead of grifting, I think we are entitled to complain. It is evident from DKL and Hellmans that she did no prep before hand, she is not new to TV but is still tit at it. Her articles are the same rehashed poverty saga which help no one. Her recipes have been proven by members on here to be unsuccessful and worse disgusting. Numerous comments from the guardian, twitter and amazon book reviews support this fact. She is not good at her legitimate work, she trashed JO and strings were pulled to get her DKL which is a manipulative and devious act. She does not deserve the job offers because she puts no effort in and clearly despises the people her work is aimed at.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Even cheaper, buy a ball of cotton yarn and a crochet hook. Three rounds of treble crochet, fasten off and sew the ends in. Keep going until you've finished the ball.

I have a net drawstring bag on the back of the bathroom door for the used rounds and bung the bag and contents in the washing machine with the towels. Nice and easy, no soaking required.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.