Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I used to LOVE her account but, I lost interest around the wedding

* Holds several workshops at her chosen wedding venue beforehand, gets venue discounted.
*Makes friends with the florist and uses her for business, gets her flowers discounted.
*Works for Bobbi Brown who are part of the same group as Jo Malone, gives all guests a JM candle as a favour.

I can only imagine the other cheap perks to her wedding she must have had.

Then I see Col has his birthday party in a swanky venue which happens to be press discounted. She blatantly sources these places and markets herself in order to get a good rate. Why can't she just pay for it like the rest of us, same as all her holidays and trips away are all heavily negotiated.

I can't help but feel she's very cunning. I am sure she's a lovely woman but she tries so hard to promote the perfect lifestyle to everyone in order to hide some of the hardships she herself has had to face. She's openly said she hates to be negative and is able to find a postive in everything, well that's great but life really isn't a cataluge so don't try to sell it.

I can't bear these cheesy poses anymore, legs akimbo, hand on sunhat, good toes, naughty toes....the list drivells on.

AND all the bigger accounts suck her plums because she is the one who divvys out all the free Bobbi products, that's her job, and that's why the wannabes hang off her nipples too.

BORRRRRRIIIINNNNNGGGGGG

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Sandra_1984

I thought exactly the same. It came across as I know you are all stressed but I can still do more. Smugness overload. I’m sure we could all do everything m if we were all gifted all these free items. It would make Xmas a lot easier to go sauntering into the season with new wardrobes of clothes and makeup etc I’m not surprised she doesn’t seem frazzled.
I'm sure we would all have time to decorate our children's bedrooms for Christmas if we barely spent any time with them, like her with those boys. It's like they only ever get a fee hours with her here and there, during which time they have to endure all those staged pictures while dressed in immaculate clothes.

Do you know what Lauren, when my children were similar ages to your boys, I too decorated their rooms for Christmas. It resembled something that drunken elves would have put together, it looked a mess. But I did it WITH the children, who were very proud of their work and I was very proud of the time I spent with them doing a fun task. We never once needed to photograph it, let alone share. We now look back on those times with fond memories, their biggest memory is not of the mess of the grotto they created, but the fun time spent with me. Your boys will only ever remember being either at nursery/school, dumped on grandma yet again (thank heavens you have her hey) or those precious moments spent with you and col col not being allowed to mess up their outfits while having multiple pictures taken, having to pose. It literally sucks the fun out of the time you could let them enjoy with you. I'm bored on behalf of them. I don't see two happy, twee boys in immaculate outfits, I see two boys forced to stay neat and tidy for your contrived and unrealistic image, bored and yearning for fun. All that aside, you then dedicate hours to edit and post said pics and then respond to all those comments. I see a mum who is trying desperately to portray an image of perfection and mother earth who can have it all....but you're not, you're using those boys as props. It's so sad and not OK.
So no Lauren, I don't feel pressured to be like you, because you're just like my own parents who placed more importance on having a perfect family image to strangers than the happiness of their own children. I'd rather be like me, 3 whole pictures on my instagram feed, not half enough pics of my children growing up as I'd like, but children who have the most amazing memories and relationship with their father and I, who will always know that we put them first and never ever used them for financial gain. Where their happiness was paramount to stranger's opinions. You carry on being you, but if your boys childhood continues like this, don't be surprised when at the first opportunity they get, they move as far away as they can possibly get from you.... Like I did!

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Alicolacreme

I followed H&H for about 3 years and really loved her Instagram, I used to watch her YouTube videos and obsess over not being able to afford Jo Malone, White Company, the fact I lived in a rented terrace in the middle of a town, I wasnt dressed in the latest joules etc. It really played on my self worth but I drank up every post and idolised this woman who seemed so happy and had so much.

Then influencers had to start putting #ad on their posts, and her feed became littered with the hashtag and I realised that she was a saleswoman, pure and simple, and that her feed was carefully curated to make more sales and I began to feel sorry for her.

When I look back on my Instagram in ten years time I'll see the happy faces of my children with genuine captions describing the moment. Lauren and other influencers will see what company took a fleeting interest in them that week, that pictures of their boys had food mixers, perfume bottles and other gimmicky shit that doesnt matter infiltrating that forced and curated moment. Their children will see that the photos of them together were used to make money and to get freebies, and I don't envy that at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Clare

VIP Member
It’s total crap, I’d be living the champagne lifestyle too with the Estée Lauder staff discount and free #ad clothes and home accessories all the time but for most people this wouldn’t be feasible, when paying full price (she has had a fair amount gifted over the last couple of years). I sometimes wonder what other mums at the school gate and those real life friends around her think of all of this...
“She floats through school gates in a blur of cream cashmere, camel boots clicking on the playground yard, the seasonal scent of Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir catching the breeze. Mums stop and stare; how does she do it, how is she so perfect? “#kindlygifted employee discount” she replies.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Sandra_1984

Ohhhhhh her man gift list.... There'll be something jo Malone scented, something white company. Some cliche high end aftershave. Probably some joules socks or a joules scarf. A leather notebook or diary. Boden will likely make an appearance in the list. There'll Deffo be some kitchen gadgets. A manly tool (like a tape measure only the most unmanly man would ever use).... Alcohol with a special decanting kit and two glasses. A night away at some cozy b&b in the Cotswolds with a roaring fire and fluffy rug, four poster bed and where wool socks are compulsory. A leather overnight bag, a personalised cosmetics/wash bag. Shaving kit from 1406, some first edition leather bound books, a pipe and ugg slippers, a key ring which is the same price as a small car, wellington boots, bit perhaps leather ones lined in lambswool with a memory soul cushion... Then something sexy which she can model with one leg out or one shoulder out while looking back towards the camera with her pointy nose and joker grin thinking she's all seductive when in fact she just looks like a manic consumer who's just been #gifted rubber lips.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Game of monopoly for two.....???
Must be thrilling
Wash it down with loads of wine, some schexy TWC silk pjs slipping seductively off the shoulder and cashmere socks,an abundance of £40 candles from Jo Malone lit and scattered all over the cosy lush gorgeous living room that's devoid of any toys (poor Worwee), some canapes made by the superstar chef Col and you've got yourself a banging night in! Oh, dont forget to tag tonights lippie, ive had so many people ask me what shade, its Sizzling Schmexy Siren with a lush moisturing sheen from Bobbie Brown.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Sandra_1984

Hunters and Heels #2 - a world full of beige, white and twee, will take anything as long as its free.

Or a world full of white stuff and jo Malone, a stolen husband and a rented twee home.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Starshining

VIP Member
Joules used to be one of my favourite brands but she has put me right off them. I don’t suppose they would care if I complained.
Same for me too.
I’ve walked away from Joules, Crew Clothing, Boden, The White Company, Jo Malone and Elemis. All for the reason that the same people, same campaigns, on repeat. Not funding their “fake, pretend, smiley” lifestyles anymore.

Going back to the Next #freebies that she was flogging last week...

“We’ve worked with Next official to transform this corner of our bedroom into a sanctuary, away from the hustle and bustle of downstairs. A space to hunker down and relax in peace...”

Hustle and bustle of downstairs is your two kids love, you know the ones “you adore”?! So why are you “hunkering” down to escape your two sons?! Or is it really fantasy, flogging, copywriter bullshit to sell the brand?

Who is “We’ve”? Are you talking about yourself in the third party or is Col’ in on the “Hunters&Heels” brand? Director maybe? So it makes me question is he declaring this on his tax return too?

I will share this with you Lauren. When I purchased (that’s in past tense as I will no longer do so) from Next I would go through the app Easyfundraising. You won’t recognise this app but it’s a bit like your #affiliated link. When I spend money with a brand, the brand gives a percentage to a charity that I get to choose from, at no extra cost to me. I chose a children’s hospice that my friend’s child attends.

Easyfundraising emailed all their customers a SurveyMonkey survey the other day asking for our opinions about Next stopping their donations. From memory Next gave 0.5% from each purchase. You probably receive more in your #afflink Lauren??

So, Lauren, I have said in the survey I’m no longer purchasing from Next as I’ve witnessed someone, who quite clearly, does not require free items, receive the best part of £1k RRP worth of Next products when on the other hand, take a small percentage of (no doubt) tax efficiency cash away from charities.

I’ll leave that thought with you Lauren.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

Sandra_1984

She really is nauseating!! So glad I unfollowed. Her voice, her grimace grin, her dull appearance, her constant begging. These companies must also be desperate to send people so called gifts out!! This is why companies are going into liquidation!!! Or is this a coincidence?? 🤔
The really stupid thing is, these companies constantly gifting her are ones I've previously been an amazing customer for, but I now refuse to buy from them. Their marketing tactics just aren't working anymore as I know plenty of other people who feel and act the same as me. I used to go through two jo Malone candles a month, now I take my hard earned cash elsewhere. Same with the white Co and joules. No way am I spending my hard earned cash on their over inflated products to fund them giving freebies to freeloaders like Lauren.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Bloody hell, will she STOP with these awful side one nose to nose poses with her kids, Col, the dog or the nearest lush wintery tree?! I just see that massive honker and gummy grin and it just dominates my vision that i cant even read the twee caption she's written.

Plus, its obvious she's a secret Tattle fan. This is obvs in response to recent peeps saying they cant live up to her aspirational perfect family and they are switching off and unfollowing. Laur's reassuring words are just a slap in the face and bloody patronising. "hey followers, dont feel under pressure to try and live my lush life and have to decorate your house for halloween, autumn, winter, christmas, valentines, summer solstice, birthday and whatnot. I just do it because i need content, my mum takes my kids most of the time when im not posing them in matching twee outfits soni have time to do this malarky and i need to opportunity to advertise all the free shit i like to beg for. So dont feel the pressure, okay love. Have a gorgeous day."

Attachments

• Haha

Comfysofa

I think a lot of these companies need to think about what they’re doing a bit more. I also think that real quality brands don’t do this sort of thing because they don’t need to. To be honest, I’ve looked at the F and F Instagram page and most of the photos on it are all pretty trashy. Personally I wouldn’t want any free or not. I don’t feel the need to have certain brands just so I can say I’ve got my “such and such” boots on or carrying a bag with a big logo on it. I feel sorry for the genuine customers that maybe save up and treat themselves to these items to have them cheapened by people swanning around in their freebies. A particular brand I like doesn’t do the freebie Instagram thing and I asked them why. They told me they don’t want to be disloyal to their customers and that they value their genuine customers. They also said they feel it would cheapen their brand. Well said, I say.
Absolutely agree with this. What disgusts me most is that she asked followers if money was no object then what would you like to receive or give for Christmas- these boots came up a lot in answers apparently. So she deliberately pinched everyones dream gifts, approached the brands, got everything for free herself, boosted her following working with the brands, and then promotes ‘look what I have / where I am going and you could too all courtesy of MY competitIon - because I want to give back to you’! And yes I have all this stuff for free now which is completely unattainable for the rest of you but aren’t I wonderful for giving you a chance to win something and by the way the nearest food bank is looking donations like this and this and the true meaning of Christmas is memories not gifts. What a patronising, greedy, fake woman. I hope the taxman looks into her accounts and that she donates at least one of the ten or so free coats she has had this year to charity!

• Heart

Sandra_1984

I wonder how many normal parents look at her feed and feel royally shit about how little effort they put into their home decor, children’s outfits, dinners, weekend outings, make up in the morning, outfits, coat choices. Urgh.
I certainly don't. The way I see it, the more she's on instagram replying to comments, or the more she's setting up a photo shoot or decorating a fireplace or her face with Bobby Brown yuckness, the less time she's spending with her children.

The irony! Spends ages ignoring her children (ignoring is the wrong word, but when she's decorating, they're not her number one priority)....anyway, spends ages ignoring her children to post publicly about how much of an amazing mother she is. To then ignore the kids further to respond to comments about how amazing of a parent she is.

Not to mention the amount of time she spends away from the kids too.

So no. I don't feel crap when I'm cooking a mediocre dinner WITH my children, for my children while spending time with my children. I definitely don't feel crap when my kids quickly pick an outfit and put it on and then we enjoy our day together without posing for about 100 pics, which then need to be edited before posted. That takes time! Time I'd rather spend with my children, not needing to spend time or effort (at my children's detriment) trying to persuade strangers that I'm a perfect mum who has it all. Because I already do!

• Heart
Hunters & heels #2 it’s all a facade and we know you’re a fake, You pretend you’re giving but it’s all take take take

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

Starshining

VIP Member
259C883B-51C0-4B9A-B2CB-E0F82CB678AB.jpeg

Our Laur’... the cliche that just keeps on giving!

WTF is she on? Part time Mills & Boon writer on the side too? We get it, first born went to school (in a Paddington bear coat for some bizarre reason?!)

• Haha
  • Sick

InstaLurk

VIP Member
The thing is, her present lists are super-luxurious and faux-royal, but they’re all #gifted. They’ll unwrap their (free) gifts on their lush Christmas Day, while drinking a lush glass of champagne, with some lush scrambled eggs and salmon, cooked by amazing chef (Skoda Car Salesman) Col, with some luxurious (gifted) Jo Malone candles twinkling in her beautiful olde English (rented) home. Of course, there is nothing wrong with any of these things, but I hate how she manipulates the presentation of her life for sales. It’s all fake.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Her maiden name is Meredith, but she kept up her married Shepherd name after her first marriage for absolutely no other reason than the gram. Can’t imagine that hubby was best pleased with that after she left him for home wrecker Col.
Her only friends were her first husbands friends girlfriends. They were even her bridesmaids. As soon as she dumped him, she lost all her ‘friends’ and then she moved away.
They were childhood sweethearts. She even kept the dog! Poor Matt.
She is from Newport in South Wales, not the twee valleys she portrays. Fucking Newport!
Lushlyn is unfortunately that super smiley in real life, that’s not fake. Her over enthusiasm and keenness is genuine, but she has been deceitful about her past. It’s all for the BB brand and the gram which is sad.
She has always dressed like a middle aged PTA mum. It’s just her look. Even at 19 she had a wardrobe full of pencil skirts and kitten heels.
I do wish she wouldn’t stage everything with that tripod and if you are going to show your family life through squares then be a bit more real about it. Don’t try and deceive your followers into thinking you are Mary Poppins - especially to that poor sodding step son Archie. It’s really OTT!

• Wow
  • Haha

Bibbidyboo

“We give to lots of charities. It’s a lovely thing to do, isn’t it” I can’t just tell she was raging inside when she was typing that haha

Reactions: 14

Sandra_1984

I think a lot of these companies need to think about what they’re doing a bit more. I also think that real quality brands don’t do this sort of thing because they don’t need to. To be honest, I’ve looked at the F and F Instagram page and most of the photos on it are all pretty trashy. Personally I wouldn’t want any free or not. I don’t feel the need to have certain brands just so I can say I’ve got my “such and such” boots on or carrying a bag with a big logo on it. I feel sorry for the genuine customers that maybe save up and treat themselves to these items to have them cheapened by people swanning around in their freebies. A particular brand I like doesn’t do the freebie Instagram thing and I asked them why. They told me they don’t want to be disloyal to their customers and that they value their genuine customers. They also said they feel it would cheapen their brand. Well said, I say.
Totally agree. I do avoid brands that are constantly gifting. I kid you not, I used to get through several jo Malone candles a month (when she still owned the company herself), and I'm sure I single handily kept ESPA in business for years (mmm pink clay hair masque). Now I use neither brand just because of this. I know it's not just me. So for every customer they draw into sales (usually a one off sale!) they're losing so many loyal, long term customers. I don't care anyway, I'm saving a fortune. It's cheapened those brands significantly though. I have a feeling it'll all backfire at some point and be completely detrimental to their business. It's not like they're just handing a few samples out here and there, they've saturated instagram and YouTube. People know it's an #ad and I think the fact that literally everyone is getting gifted this, that and the other, us mere mortals are just going to wake up and realise we pay for things at an uber inflated price just to keep these freeloaders getting more and more freebies. My hard earned cash refuses to gift the likes of these greedy instagrabbers. Would love to see each company's sales figure.

• Heart
Reactions: 14