Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I love competitions but most Instagram competitions now are just Grammers mining for more followers with the whole Tag as many of your friends type of entry. I have just handful of family and friends on my insta and even those dont use it that much. So my chances of winning any competition is as likely as Laurs slumming it on a night wearing an old pair of Primark tracky bottoms covered in Worwees chocolate handprints, no makeup and eating a KFC bargain bucket with Col.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Rosé_all_day

VIP Member
Wow! Had no idea she was married before, she obviously never mentioned it. I am stunned. Tattle is just the gift that keeps on giving today with the MOD drama and now this....

• Haha
Yesterday’s post irritated me more than it should. “Going for a walk at the end of a day, too much screen time” blah blah blah. Oh hang on let me set my tripod up and edit this picture ON A SCREEN and upload it ON A SCREEN whilst the dog looks bored shitless waiting for his walk! 🤬 rant over

• Haha
  • Angry

Downtoearth

Me and hubs have a nice income which we both work exceptionally hard for (between the 2 of us we drive over 1000 mile a week for work). We have a white company, Jo malone, Estee lauder type house, as do most of our friends.

And I really have bought a cashmere blanket as a gift before (admittedly for a family member) 😂

BUT...... Laur and Col wouldn't last a second with my friends. Nothing is really real... They don't really ski, they just pose in the snow. They don't drive good cars. They don't even really have good holidays?? H&H is fascinating from a marketing perspective because followers who really do have that 6 figure income would just laugh all the way to their real lifestyle, and followers who find her aspirational can't really afford any of it. So who is actually clicking those affiliate links? 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Rosé_all_day

VIP Member
I used to be under her spell but now I see that she’s a saleswoman working on commission/swipe up. When you look at her account it’s like playing Instagram Bingo on her feed:
Long walks ✅
White Company ad ✅
Food made by Col ✅
Jo Malone candle ✅
Swishing about in a new #gifted outfit ✅
Some form of a quote ✅
Bobbi Brown tutorial ✅
Aveeno ad ✅

I’m sure I’ve missed some but it’s like it’s on a loop...

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Stardustsmile28

Chatty Member
I honestly don't know what to say about her alleged 'giving' to her followers. It has been twelve days of her 'taking': gifting to herself and her family on a truly astonishing, monstrous level. At the moment, I can't think of anything I've seen on Instagram that has been so self-orientated and selfish. Her 'giveaway' is as false and misleading as the family values, traditional, fairytale life the homewrecker portrays.

Reactions: 12

Oliviabob

I am not a friend of theirs before I get accused of it but no one here really knows the circumstances and whilst if she did have an affair with a married man that’s pretty awful, he was the married one so is equally responsible. Saying she ‘stole’ him as if he is some helpless pawn and she’s a femme fatale is just patriarchal bullshit.

Dizzy

VIP Member
That caption is so sugary sweet it’s sickening. I appreciate starting school is a big milestone and stirs up lots of emotions but take it down 487 notches love :sick:
It was a bit much wasn't it?! I love my kids as much as the next mum and yes I probably had a bit of a watery eye on the day they started primary but fuck me, it's not like they're off to war!

• Haha

No20

Most of these so called “influencers” Instagram pages are full of lies making others feel inadequate and dissatisfied with their life. Then to make themselves feel better they go shopping probably getting into debt buying all these things these fakers are advertising. At the end of the day these companies are using the likes of Lauren. It’s all pretty shallow really.

• Heart
She just wears all these white outfits, every day. Even when she's out walking the dogs, baking with chocolate, gardening, cleaning the guttering, washing the car..... All the cashmere or white midi dresses. What does she do when she's on the blob? Id be worried for leakages and the like......

• Haha

Clare

VIP Member
That is ridiculous, all that 1st day of advent stuff. Surely that is making them spoilt children! Totally agree with you. The problem is with these kind of people, they think that if it’s not going to be shown off on Instagram then what the point!!
What’s wrong with a normal advent calendar with chocolate in, or an advent candle, why does it have to keep being pushed further and further into horrendous consumerism. It’s too much, she’s too much.

• Heart

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
Me and hubs have a nice income which we both work exceptionally hard for (between the 2 of us we drive over 1000 mile a week for work). We have a white company, Jo malone, Estee lauder type house, as do most of our friends.

And I really have bought a cashmere blanket as a gift before (admittedly for a family member) 😂

BUT...... Laur and Col wouldn't last a second with my friends. Nothing is really real... They don't really ski, they just pose in the snow. They don't drive good cars. They don't even really have good holidays?? H&H is fascinating from a marketing perspective because followers who really do have that 6 figure income would just laugh all the way to their real lifestyle, and followers who find her aspirational can't really afford any of it. So who is actually clicking those affiliate links? 🤔
I agree that they are total superficial nobends and like you, have a 6 fig household income. I don’t really get your point re the cars/holidays/ski stuff. I probably also ‘wouldn’t last a minute’ with your friends. I don’t ski. I went on a school ski trip, 30yrs ago but that’s it. I have a nice car but I don’t care about flashy cars, so you wouldn’t necessarily look at my car and think “Oh, she’s got money”. My house is furnished with nice things but I spend money on original paintings and craftsman built furniture, rather than TWC candles.

She is reaching for that aspirational thing, so she isn’t looking to sell to you (or me, probably). She wants to sell to the bracket below her, who would like her lifestyle but can’t have it lock, stock and barrel, so buy it one TWC storm lantern at a time. Or she’s selling the idyllic country lifestyle to affluent city dwellers who do have somewhere close to the income but can’t move to the country for work reasons, they live vicariously through her painstakingly curated account, buying overpriced twee junk along the way.

ced60

Love the way she adds that if you turn up with a shoe box between 12 and 2 you can get to see her too!!! Let’s make it into a meet and greet the fabulous H&H 😡

• Wow
  • Sick

Downtoearth

Oh come on guys, what year is it, 1950?! No one can steal someone's husband. If your husband can be stolen it's because your marriage was shit anyway. People are allowed to be married, and meet someone, and get divorced, and marry a new person.

I'm not sticking up for her but i think that's a bit off topic and pointless speculation. Archies mum might be absolutely vile for all any of you know 🤷‍♀️🙄

RomCom

Her life looks idyllic. I’m jealous. But I’m sure that is kind of what she is trying to achieve. To bring in the money from the sponsorships. Sad, really.
How on earth does she maintain the happy happy smiley smiley all of the time? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bad photo or story of her. As I say, jealous.
It must be SO hard to maintain that 'image' all the time though? And that's all it is an image - and that can' be enjoyable.

I mean, say every time they go out to the park, with their wicker basket filled with fresh flowers and a picnic, the boys dressed as if they've stepped out of a period drama, and Lauren in a straw hat and flowing dress- imagine keeping that up. Making sure the boys don't get dirty, or the dog doesn't run in a puddle and get his soaking paws on her dress. Setting up the angle of the camera to get the perfect shot before one of the boys drops a raspberry down his shirt - it must be exhausting. And Lauren if you're reading this and saying that none of that happens ever. I'm calling bullshit, sorry.

Real life is all of the above happening, and I'd rather follow accounts that document this and keep it real. Laurens instagram looks fake, as if it's a magazine instagram page if that makes sense? So I wouldn't buy anything she recommends as I don't find her genuine.

Sure she's a lovely girl but it's definitely starting to feel like a 'brand' she's flogging, she's even had her Mums instagram changed to Grndmaheels now..

Dizzy

VIP Member
It’s obscene but it just makes me boycott the brands that do this. I dont buy Bobbi Brown and once my jo malone stuff is finished I won’t buy from them either. Both brands test on animals too so for me that’s a big no no.

• Heart

No20

And as predicted there are the Fairfax and Favor boots in the competition. What on earth are their marketing team doing collaborating with her?! She is the least likely person to ever buy those boots. Such dreadful marketing.
I think a lot of these companies need to think about what they’re doing a bit more. I also think that real quality brands don’t do this sort of thing because they don’t need to. To be honest, I’ve looked at the F and F Instagram page and most of the photos on it are all pretty trashy. Personally I wouldn’t want any free or not. I don’t feel the need to have certain brands just so I can say I’ve got my “such and such” boots on or carrying a bag with a big logo on it. I feel sorry for the genuine customers that maybe save up and treat themselves to these items to have them cheapened by people swanning around in their freebies. A particular brand I like doesn’t do the freebie Instagram thing and I asked them why. They told me they don’t want to be disloyal to their customers and that they value their genuine customers. They also said they feel it would cheapen their brand. Well said, I say.

• Heart
Reactions: 11